A Fearless Madonna Stands Against Repression Amidst Warnings

realityisalways

tumblr_m8emfmQ8Cj1qio3jlo1_500.png

A fearless Madonna stood against government repression and for freedom of speech, taking the biggest stance a Pop Icon has taken in the imprisonment of the Russian Female Pop/Rock Band Pussy Riot, even after the U.S. Embassy's warning of a possible attack on her MDNA Tour.

The young girls are facing up to 7 years in Prison for an anti Vladimir Putin performance and had pleaded Madonna to take a stance for their freedom.

jail.jpg

Pussy Riot on their performance:

ScreenShot2012-08-07at112928PM.png

Madonna referenced the band covering her face up just as they did when they made their infamous performance that got them detained, as a message of liberation and a stance against repression and censorship.

Madonna Tonight:

tumblr_m8enlvROt21qlycwjo1_500.jpg

c4fb26c8e0d711e1a73722000a1e8a9f_7.jpg

tumblr_m8emfum2m41qljse3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m8eps2BKrh1r90m4vo7_500.jpg

Have No Fear.

Fantastic. I love it when she goes ahead and sends the message she wants to send without giving a fuck of what the authorities might think.

PERFECT!!! She is the queen!!! Love her courage, her strength to support the group! Whats happening in Russia is not normal! They ve signed the European convention of human rights and freedoms and that trial is a violation of it.

Guest pedrohdi

I bet the press won't talk about this, but when that funeral singer opens is mouth to trash The Queen is front page everywhere!

I bet the press won't talk about this, but when that funeral singer opens is mouth to trash The Queen is front page everywhere!

They will report it, but they will surely twist it into something negative.

some big news outlets (bbc, the fail, reuters etc) are reporting it but it seems to lack the promo/sensationalism she usually gets for something negative (or something they can easily spin, such as a nip slip)

I uploaded the photos and the descriptions to tumblr and I'm overwhelmed by the response, in 11 hours it has 465 notes, it is one of my most reblogged posts ever, and the comments are just amazing, I'm going to share a bit of that with you here:

ScreenShot2012-08-08at60451PM.png

Comments from people:

ScreenShot2012-08-08at60715PM.png

ScreenShot2012-08-08at60732PM.png

ScreenShot2012-08-08at60749PM.png

ScreenShot2012-08-08at60806PM.png

ScreenShot2012-08-08at60818PM.png

ScreenShot2012-08-08at60834PM.png

More:

ScreenShot2012-08-08at60848PM.png

ScreenShot2012-08-08at60902PM.png

ScreenShot2012-08-08at60919PM.png

ScreenShot2012-08-08at60930PM.png

This is why I tell you guys that it does matter that we try and support her on the social media, and I always get crap when I tell you this, but if the media and little monsters are doing everything to spin the public against her it is important that those of us who have the time and will, try to spread some positivity and let the world know how amazing she truly is.

Last, a little advertising hehehe, don't forget to follow my tumblr: http://ohyeahpop.tumblr.com/ and remember we are stronger if we unite and support each other in supporting Madonna. <3

Cheers.

I'm so proud of her. Of course the Monsters will do anything to turn it into something negative (right, Swag?) but that doesn't change the FACTS. She's walking the walk, not just talking the talk unlike some other pop star...

Tonight on @Channel4News I won't quite be speaking to Madonna but I will be speaking to the husband of Pussy Riot lead singer...

Cathy Newman on twitter.

She really did raise global awareness about the issue, Sting and some others had tried but only Madonna was able to have this impact

She really did raise global awareness about the issue, Sting and some others had tried but only Madonna was able to have this impact

positive vibes, as they say ;)

did anyone catch the UK interview? proxy for the bbc iplayer didnt work for me this time :(

Unlike Lady Gargoyle who's all mouth and no action, this is how the REAL Queen of Pop stands behind her beliefs.

Exactly! Her action ALWAYS speaks louder! :bow: The one and only!