7 August - Moscow

Msig

603459_490675980960254_2020120417_n.jpg

603459_490675980960254_2020120417_n.jpg

Oh my god i see a handful of empty seats and people possibly walking towards the exit before the show starts. I hope this complete tour flopage does not overshadow the her inspirational speech. :stir:

But to be serious I am pleased she said what she said. Nothing will happen to her. The regime will not arrest the biggest star in the world for speaking out as it would show them for exactly what they are, and cause diplomatic incidents. They obviously did not expect the backlash they have had against their stance on Pussy Riot, and are now, in their eyes, stuck between and rock and a hard place, show weakness and release them or bring on the full force of the law and appear to be going backwards into a totalitarian communist regime.

Guest pedrohdi

Wait, Sagarra Jo is about freedom of speech? Wasn't it about beaten apples or something?

looooool beaten apples???? :dead:

Husband of one of the jailed girls:

Вчера Мадонна сказала нам прямо перед началом шоу: "Nothing happens for no reason, that's why I'm in Moscow right before the girls verdict"

The Russian part - "yesterday right before the beginning of the show Madonna told us:"

oh god...she repeted that almost each show...

sagarra jo =

smashing apples --- literally

breaking restrictions (freedom of expressivnes, of speach...prejudice...etc) --- metaphorically

sagarra jo could be about freedom of speech...but I have never sang this song thinking about it! nobody in the Basque country! and is more about the bird in the tree than about the apple..

i think important is what poet thinks...anyway...breaking something - here apples - is locial some break trhough...she said speach...so...why not? do you think that masterpiece is a song about painting? or even mona lisa? :)))))

anyway...

i always liked to watch how security in the concert around the stage react on her performace...it is kind of interesting couse they are on work and probably get really curious couse the crowd around must be hilarious...it would be interesting to hear them what they think about the show. here in the last video that i posted you can see a gay watching her strepteeze and not crowd :D haha

and she made this speech and performance in moscow, not safely at home

she always reminds me why i love her...not that i need to be reminded...

Why oh why couldn't this be the tour with a documentary? The Gaga controversy, Nipplegate, fondling Brahim to Guy Ritchie's favorite song, Rocco's official debut as a tour dancer, L'Olympia's nuclear backlash, Madonna taking on all of repressive Russia...sweet lord.

They will probably arrange a little docu of the backstage for the DVD extras, but nothing grand like her previous tour films.

Guest Not4Pussies

i let this fat bitch have it (i love Gossip, but come on)

Gossip

This is pretty cool. Let's hope she couples this with a huge donation to their legal defense fund, moving it from attention-grabbing publicity stunt to actual activist gesture.

i let this fat bitch have it (i love Gossip, but come on)

Gossip

This is pretty cool. Let's hope she couples this with a huge donation to their legal defense fund, moving it from attention-grabbing publicity stunt to actual activist gesture.

Has she donated? Has she gone to Russia and bravely performed and spoken this message despite threats of arrest? Has she put her balls out in front of the world for everyone to see on a consistent basis for 3 decades? THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS.

You've got to love how she's so over (as per Smellton) that almost for each one of her European gigs in the past 2 months and a half there have been reports regarding specific issues in several international media outlets. Overdonna is everywhere and she is so out to having the highest-grossing tour of the year and maybe even breaking her own solo record in the process :dramatic:

Has she donated? Has she gone to Russia and bravely performed and spoken this message despite threats of arrest? Has she put her balls out in front of the world for everyone to see on a consistent basis for 3 decades? THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS.

Interesting, I see that just today she spoke about how much she wants to work with M and perhaps even style for her.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/beth-ditto-ill-team-up-with-madonna-16195360.html

the subject of money never cross my mind about the whole situation.

Exactly the whole thing has got nothing to do with money in the first place. She's really made an ass of herself for that alone. Donating to their legal defense fund doesn't even come close to the impact the voice of an international star like her can have. But the topic of money probably crossed fat big mouth's mind because she's thinking about her own money, money that being in the press always indirectly makes you. What a loser. Just be grateful she let you perform Vogue and perform it that way.

Gossip posted this in the comments:

no one is "hating" madonna, gossip ♥'s madonna, you can see her influence in a ton of our work. anyone see watch the I Wrote The Book video? If you notice, we said it was cool. We posted it CAUSE WE LIKE IT! That said, there's a tendency to use causes to further one's "credibility" while not actually helping out. No one said she HADN'T contributed, we said LET'S HOPE SHE HAS. It's entirely possible that she has and not made a statement about it, we do and we know many other artists do. We think it's important for celebrities to use their public profiles to get the word out about things, AND use their wealth to help make a difference. we love that people are having this conversation, but let's keep it CHILL!

Interesting, I see that just today she spoke about how much she wants to work with M and perhaps even style for her.

http://www.belfastte...a-16195360.html

:lmao:

Beth Ditto: I'll team up with Madonna

2afd74af-1a21-4151-_703463t.jpg

Beth Ditto is desperate to write a song for Madonna.

The Gossip singer is a fan of Madonna and would love to work with her - and perhaps even give her some image advice. Known for her sometimes shocking on stage costumes, Beth feels Madonna needs an image overhaul to tone down her racy look. "Yeah, I really want to do that [write a song for Madonna]! And while I'm on it I would like to style her too," Beth confessed to German publication Ticket. "I would make sure that Madonna looks chic. She shouldn't look that spun and pimped out all the time! She should wear something classic."

Although she is a globally recognised star, Beth blends in with the crowd when at home in Portland. The striking singer says people in the US town are not affected by fame, which she likes. "At home in Portland nobody cares! We don't have any success in the USA. On the one hand that sucks, on the other hand it doesn't. Whenever I'm home I have my peace and can relax," Beth explained. "Why aren't we famous in the US? Too fat, too lesbian or too gay? Too cheeky? I don't know."

While she realises her sexuality may have impacted on the group's success, it was something she always accepted. The star is getting used to being the poster girl for gay rights. As she has got older, Beth has realised how important positive role models are for future generations. "To be honest, it never was a big thing for me being gay. And neither was it for my family. It will be even more natural for the next generation," Beth continued. "I'm still adjusting with that role. I'm starting to take me being an example a little more seriously. My life is so much better because the homo activists and the feminists of the last generation have fought so hard."

So in one case they're desperate to be friends with her or have her career, in an other they want to collaborate. There's always some pathetic reason for their attacks. Rather transparent, I just wonder what makes her think that calling her Moscow speech a publicity stunt is going to make that collaboration happen. :s98: