MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Get Together

Róisín Murphy

Oh, I fucking hope so, it's been too fucking long!!!

7:55

New Italian EP coming out in May

And she's working on a new album!

:tigger::tigger::tigger::tigger::tigger:

Thanks to LoveBoxx for pointing this out to me ;)

Much new Róisín stuff is coming up this year! Love it!

SO much excitement! And I am loving the "Gamble on You" vid so much -- I keep playing it over and over again. Thanks for posting that, Raf! And thanks for keeping me updated, LoveBoxx! :brenspin:

SO much excitement! And I am loving the "Gamble on You" vid so much -- I keep playing it over and over again. Thanks for posting that, Raf! And thanks for keeping me updated, LoveBoxx! :brenspin:

Hehe Did you see the link I send you at Insta? ;)

Hehe Did you see the link I send you at Insta? ;)

I did, darling! Thank you SO SO SO much! I am unworthy. I replied to that message -- not sure if I did it correctly, though? I hope you saw it, but perhaps not. I am very new to all this Insta stuff.

Can't wait for the new Roisin! Hope we don't have to wait all the way to the end of the year for her album... I'm READY NOW! ;)

I did, darling! Thank you SO SO SO much! I am unworthy. I replied to that message -- not sure if I did it correctly, though? I hope you saw it, but perhaps not. I am very new to all this Insta stuff.

Can't wait for the new Roisin! Hope we don't have to wait all the way to the end of the year for her album... I'm READY NOW! ;)

Hehe... you're very welcome!! ;)

Oh yes!!! I hope we hear new music SOON but if we don't... I'm sure it's going to worth the wait. She always delivers the good stuff!

Guest Not4Pussies

Is new roisin Murphy on the horizon in may?

Is new roisin Murphy on the horizon in may?

She's releasing her Italian EP in May

Can't wait for new Roisin!

Ex-Moloko singer Róisín Murphy might have been a little quiet in the last couple of years, but that’s all set to change.

Brand new EP Mi Senti finds Murphy dipping her toe into classic 60s and 70s Italian pop, taking on songs from Mina (‘Ancora Ancora Ancora’ and ‘Non Credere’), Patty Pravo (‘Pensiero Stupendo’), Lucio Battisti (‘Acora Tu’) and Gino Paoli (‘La Gatta’).

She’s quick to point out however that the record is not simply an “Italian project” but a “singing project,” which was intended to challenge her and take her to another level entirely. “Quite apart from the language, in some of the songs I was on the edge of what my voice can do,” she reveals. “For the Mina ones in particular [‘Ancora Ancora Ancora’ and ‘Non Credere’] there were tears and I almost walked away and gave up.”

Recorded in London and Ibiza with her Milanese partner Sebastiano Properzi, Mi Senti also includes one new composition ‘In Sintesi’, which is also in Italian. Murphy is currently working on a new solo album, and a collection of remixes is due for release later in the year.

Mi Senti will be released on limited vinyl and digital on May 28 via The Vinyl Factory.

Tracklist:

01 Ancora Ancora Ancora

02 Pensiero Stupendo

03 Acora Tu

04 In Sintesi

05 Non Credere

06 La Gatta

http://www.factmag.com/2014/04/02/roisin-murphy-announces-ep-of-italian-songs-mi-senti/

1558557_10152321601822158_19417250143865

42b58c92d63a4b89d5f491545e49d76f.jpg

Product Details:

The Vinyl Factory is proud to present a very special limited edition gatefold double white vinyl version of Róisín Murphy's keenly anticipated new EP, ‘Mi Senti’.

* Limited edition of only 1000 numbered copies worldwide
* First 500 copies hand signed by Róisín Murphy
* Two 180-gram heavyweight white vinyl records
* Bespoke gatefold sleeve - with specially treated artwork over four panels and two inner sleeves
* Original photography by Jenny Van Sommers
* Portrait photography by Ami Barwell
* Set design by Rachel Thomas Studio
* Art direction by Studio Pensom

The EP is a collection of six Italian songs – including five covers of classic pop hits from Italian singers and songwriters, and one original song by Murphy. The EP was recorded over the last year, at home in North London and in Ibiza, with her partner (and Milanese music producer) Sebastiano Properzi, along with producer Eddie Stevens.

‘Mi Senti’ showcases some of the greatest Italian singers and songwriters of the 60s and 70s, including Mina (‘Ancora Ancora Ancora’ and ‘Non Credere’), Patty Pravo (‘Pensiero Stupendo’), Lucio Battisti (‘Ancora Tu’) and Gino Paoli (‘La Gatta’). The EP also contains one original song, ‘In Sintesi’ (which translates to ‘In Synthesis’).

Says Róisín: “In these songs, emotions are at the surface of things and that is what I found again and again when I was researching Italian music and that is what I feel from the language, when I speak it and even without understanding it, I feel close to love, close to the truth about human motivation.”

Vinyl Tracklisting:

Side A
Ancora Ancora Ancora

Side B
Pensiero Stupendo
Ancora Tu

Side C
In Sintesi

Side D
Non Credere
La Gatta

This limited edition is available to pre-order now, exclusively from The Vinyl Factory.

http://www.vfeditions.com/product/view/163

Róisín is awesome. She's one of the rare artists I really want to support - I buy everything (vinyl, cd, promos, downloads). I don't think I've ever free-downloaded anything of hers. "Ancora Tu" sounds incredible, looks like another amazing release!

Where is Vande to translate those titles :) or any other Italian :) they sound lovely.

She should wear an Italians Do It Better t-shirt whilst promiting ;)

Where is Vande to translate those titles :) or any other Italian :) they sound lovely.

She should wear an Italians Do It Better t-shirt whilst promiting ;)

Side A

Ancora Ancora Ancora (AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN)

Side B

Pensiero Stupendo (WONDERFUL THOUGHT)

Ancora Tu (YOU AGAIN)

Side C

In Sintesi (TO SUM UP)

Side D

Non Credere (DON'T BELIEVE)

La Gatta (THE CAT, female).

Guest Xanthium

Very sexy Italian disco!

I thought I wouldn't be interested in this Italian EP but I actually like what I hear...a lot!

This sounds good