MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Get Together

Róisín Murphy

I adore her!!!! She was (is?) so great, loved her in Moloko, love her two albums and most of the collaborations she's done after that... It's such a shame she forgot about us after having her baby girl :cries:

Are you kidding?! Overpowered is one of my favorite albums of all times! Absolutely love Raisin :)

Overpowered is one of the best dance pop albums of the last 10 years. Everyone I know loves it but hardly anyone bought it. :-/ I saw her live in 2007 promoting the record and she was absolutely stunning. Too bad we never got a third album until now. What happened to Demon Lover btw? She premiered it at a fashion show a million years ago but it never got released? I guess they changed their mind after Orally Fixated and Momma's Place underperformed.

MOVIE STAR :wow: :wow: :wow:

My favourite from that album.

Oh and of course Let me Know was fantastique - and a brilliant video.

Anyone else a huge fan?!!?!

Her Overpowered album (2007) still holds up really well, it's a shame she's not bigger than some other copycat turd I can think of...

Well the copycat turd pretty much took her act and ran away with it didn't she? Disgusting whore. Before she set her sights on Madonna she was copying Roisin, Grace and Bjork. WHORE WHORE WHORE.

Roisin is a fucking legend...such an immense talent...I loved her stuff with Moloko but I especially love these...

Love some Roisin! Her stuff with Moloko is great too

She's so brilliant! I miss her!

She's fucking everything.

MOVIE STAR :wow: :wow: :wow:

My favourite from that album.

Me, too! That was my fave from the album, too. Perhaps followed closely by "Parallel Lives."

A friend of mine from Australia turned me on to Roisin first through Moloko, then songs from her Sequins EPs (Ruby Blue, etc.)... Loved Overpowered as a whole -- it took FOREVER to become available here in the U.S. I bought it as an import CD and even ordered it for a few good friends as an import. I noticed a few months ago that it's finally available on iTunes in the U.S., though.

I, too, was disappointed Demon Lover never really got released properly. That's been a big disappointment in general since the Overpowered album -- she's done great collabs, but they're sort of scattered and not organized. Would be so nice if they'd collect ALL of them over the past few years and release them on one album. I think one of my faves is "Royal T" (one of the Crookers tracks), but it was never released in the U.S. :ohmy::angry::mellow: (Royal T and Demon Lover were sort of mixed together for that fashion show...)

There's another thread for Roisin, but sadly it's been so long since she's been active, it's probably months and months back in this forum.

Love Roisin!

Ohh, forgot about Boadicea! Fantastic song

I think the Sharam Jey remix is terrific...

I think the Sharam Jey remix is terrific...

Just checked it out, good stuff! Stays true to the original but has more 'punch' to it.

I LOVE :wow: LOVE :wow: LOVE :wow: LOVE :wow: LOVE :wow: PRIMITIVE AND DEAR MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!! :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow::bow:

She's fucking everything.

Amen!

I was waiting for this thread! I love Rosisin so much! I discovered her while M was busy making her movie from pawsdown.tumblr. My favorite song from her is Let me know but i also love Sow into you.

Edited by Real_Madonna

I also love this leftover of "Overpowered", a song that Sophie Ellis Bextor picked up later on.

I was waiting for this thread! I love Rosisin so much! I discovered her while M was busy making her movie from pawsdown.tumblr. My favorite song from her is Let me know but i also love Sow into you.

That's funny because I discovered her when a poster from here mentioned how Gaga was copying her and that You Know Me Better shits all over everything Gaga has ever done. Needless to say they were right :sassy:

where's my Statues avatar :evil:

Amazing!!

Does anyone know of any rare/unreleased/Overpowered B-sides I haven't heard yet???

Does anyone know of any rare/unreleased/Overpowered B-sides I haven't heard yet???

Have you heard Modern Timing? I love it!

[media=]

[/media]

These are the ones I have on my Itunes, most of them you can find them as B Sides on her singles.

Foolish

Sweet Nothings

Sunshine

Unlovable

Keep It Loose

Pandora

Slave To Love

Modern Timing

Never Enough

Off And On