OLYMPIA POSITIVITY Thread. Get ur Plus Sign Today, step right up bitches!!

acko

I just watched it again and I think, as several of you also said, it was her best mini-gig ever. So many great moments:

the crowd jumping throughout, the Sagarra-joing,

the vougeing, the stripping, the gun-pointing,

the rolling around on the floor,

AND: the singing!

What i really love about this show is how RAW (apart from her sugar) the whole thing was.

The live atmosphere made it really authentic and special. The excitement in the air (hers and the audience's) was palpable.

Her singing "Je t'aime" and the crowd cheering gave me goosebumps!

I just watched it again and I think, as several of you also said, it was her best mini-gig ever. So many great moments:

the crowd jumping throughout, the Sagarra-joing,

the vougeing, the stripping, the gun-pointing,

the rolling around on the floor,

AND: the singing!

What i really love about this show is how RAW (apart from her sugar) the whole thing was.

The live atmosphere made it really authentic and special. The excitement in the air (hers and the audience's) was palpable.

Her singing "Je t'aime" and the crowd cheering gave me goosebumps!

that was the best part

I just watched it again since the original broadcast and I can't be more impressed at what a beautifully put together mini concert she put on. You can feel her incredible stage presence and see she truly is one of the greatest performers of our time. In love with this! Really hope she considers adding BK to the MDNA Tour setlist!

LoveLiveTV posted:

Hi all, for those of you that missed the live stream of Madonna's incredible live club show from the Olympia, Paris, fear not: We will be uploading a full directors cut and a track by track playlist of the entire show very soon. Stay tuned for updates.

Madonna at Paris Olympia: Directors Cut Coming Soon

A full directors cut plus a track by track of Madonna's amazing club show at the Paris Olympia will be coming very soon. Subscribe for updates and ...
[/color]

what would be included in the directors cut? The frogs booing after the show?

Maybe different camera angles? Madonna's preferences, perhaps. She's very particular about that kind of thing, as we know.

(Is there a weird jump in the audio for a second on "Masterpiece"? During "it seems to ME" -- can't recall which verse, but it seems to jump almost to a different key for a second and then return to the previous sound. I was wondering if she requested it be edited or something, because I watched it much later. It was on at 4:15 p.m. here and I didn't have the opportunity to watch until after midnight. I stayed up until almost 2:00 a.m. just to be sure I could see it. When I tuned in, I actually saw BK and Je t'aime first... then I had to wait ten minutes or so, and the full thing started again. So I started with the newest parts, which was kinda cool in a way. SO -- anyway -- my point was that I didn't catch the live stream... I wondered if she was irritated by the way she hit the note there and had it rough-corrected for later ... Perhaps there will be more sound edits in the director's cut, too, although I hope not quite to S&ST DVD levels. I like both polished and raw vocals for different reasons, but this gig definitely benefits from some of that 'raw' quality, as someone else pointed out...)

This whole show was just AMAZING.

Absolutely! This show was legendary. Years from now, we will look back and just say Wow! The booing while upsetting and controversial will just add to the legend. I watched most of the clips of the whole MDNA tour and they were fine but they didn't blow my mind like this show. It was just beyond. It was short, but that really made it more. If it went on longer, it wouldn't have been so intense.

The booing while upsetting and controversial will just add to the legend.

I think the booing will soon be forgotten and nobody will remember it a few years from now. We know it because we are living it, but in the longrun it won't affect the perception of this show.

Back to the topic, my only reservation is that she should had opened with something more impressive. Even though TUTR got everyone jumping it looked a bit flat on video as an opening, especially if you compare with the grand entrance of the MDNA Tour.

Peter-it made that skipping sound when I was watching it live too. The re-aired footage was exactly the same.

Thank you so much for answering my question, Louise Oriole! I'm actually "relieved" (although that's probably a strong term) to know it wasn't messed with afterward. Perhaps it was just a glitch of some sort.

But thanks again for replying. :)

Back to the topic, my only reservation is that she should had opened with something more impressive. Even though TUTR got everyone jumping it looked a bit flat on video as an opening, especially if you compare with the grand entrance of the MDNA Tour.

I agree. I think it would have been cool if they could have put in Girls Gone Wild.

Sorry I keep repeating myself, but every time I watch BK I do it in different context (with headphones, without, with a great sounding speaker, with friends, etc) and in any way: it's LEGENDARY.

My bf who loves both BK and DAD got really excited at the beginning, and screamed like a little girl when she started singing BK. It's fantastic.

EXCLUSIVE: Madonna -- Swastika Backlash Fueled Paris Riot

That riot at a Madonna concert in Paris had nothing to do with her brief performance -- it was payback for Madge's repeated use of a video featuring a swastika on a French politician ... this according to fans at the show and sources connected to the venue.TMZ spoke with several people who were in the crowd Thursday night (and have been to several of Madonna's recent concerts). They say there were 10 or so "fans" in the audience who started the ruckus ... and those people were overheard yelling about Marine Le Pen.We're told several members of this group we're holding up signs they'd brought to show support for Le Pen.Madonna has been at odds with Le Pen ever since she started projecting the right-wing leader's face -- with a swastika over it -- during this tour.We're told local police spoke to members of Madonna's crew the day after the concert ... and said they believe the riot was preplanned by a group of locals looking to cause trouble. According to our sources, the majority of Madonna fans knew to expect a short show -- as all her club dates tend to be -- so that could not have been the cause of the riot.

Don't underestimate it, people were really disappointed by the lenght of the show though, I was there,

I totally loved the show but we were not all well informed what it will excatly be (a showcase) before the sales... I think this disapointment can be understandable by anyone who paid the price of the ticket.

Also, though epic, I think the way she went out of stage (we didn't know we saw her for the last time at the end of Je T'Aime Moi Non Plus) was not a good thing to do, this theatrical ending (as great as it is) without saying goodbye was misundertood. One more song (Like a Prayer for instance) to really make one with the audience and the impression would have been different I guess.

What's true is that the show didn't have the reviews it should have had, it was brilliant, I totally agree, and the audience until the end loved the show as well. So I guess it will grow on people, even the disapointed one.

Then, a small group could have begun the riot, but then again, dont underestimate the disapointment. It may appear to you as not fair to M, but it was here.

Can't wait to see the director's cut. If the on-the-fly live version was awesome, this can only get better by polishing some of the angles, etc.