OLYMPIA POSITIVITY Thread. Get ur Plus Sign Today, step right up bitches!!

acko

Honestly I believe yesterday was a career highlight for Madonna. She doesn't rest at her laurels, she works tirelessly, she gives incredible attention to the details, she takes risks. She invented this type of show and she keeps getting better on it. I noticed things that I had missed when I saw her live, seeing her show only once is simply not enough. I really liked the coverage with the simple camera work, the dvds have a lot of effects and bells and whistles that can be a little distracting. With the simple presentation you appreciate the artistry more.

- Open your heart/Sagarra Jo is single worthy.

- Her speech proves that she's genuinely interested in politics. She speaks about an issue that many other politically motivated and usually very vocal stars have remained silent. It isn't something that she can easily gain sympathy for, on the contrary it can cost her. She doesn't care.

- Masterpiece is a masterpiece. My appreciation for it grew when I saw W.E. and even more when I saw it live.

- Human Nature is perhaps the penultimate Madonna song. It's amazing that its lyrics apply today as well as they did almost 20 years ago.

- Beautiful Killer is a personal favorite from MDNA. The production and choreography was exceptional. The track is a few months old and yet she shakes it up a bit.

- Je t'aime moi non plus is iconic. Her version will go down as the only worthy rendition of a classic. The staging is just iconic, I don't have words for it.

Honestly I believe yesterday was a career highlight for Madonna. She doesn't rest at her laurels, she works tirelessly, she gives incredible attention to the details, she takes risks. She invented this type of show and she keeps getting better on it. I noticed things that I had missed when I saw her live, seeing her show only once is simply not enough. I really liked the coverage with the simple camera work, the dvds have a lot of effects and bells and whistles that can be a little distracting. With the simple presentation you appreciate the artistry more.

- Open your heart/Sagarra Jo is single worthy.

- Her speech proves that she's genuinely interested in politics. She speaks about an issue that many other politically motivated and usually very vocal stars have remained silent. It isn't something that she can easily gain sympathy for, on the contrary it can cost her. She doesn't care.

- Masterpiece is a masterpiece. My appreciation for it grew when I saw W.E. and even more when I saw it live.

- Human Nature is perhaps the penultimate Madonna song. It's amazing that its lyrics apply today as well as they did almost 20 years ago.

- Beautiful Killer is a personal favorite from MDNA. The production and choreography was exceptional. The track is a few months old and yet she shakes it up a bit.

- Je t'aime moi non plus is iconic. Her version will go down as the only worthy rendition of a classic. The staging is just iconic, I don't have words for it.

Spot on! :thumbsup:

Today, Madonna’s spokeswoman Liz Rosenberg has released the following statement:

Madonna’s Paris club show was planned as her heartfelt thank-you to France, which she expressed at the start of her show. Despite a grueling concert tour, she desperately wanted to perform for her fans in an intimate setting at the historic Olympia as a means to honor her love for French artists, French cinema and a tribute to France’s long history of welcoming and inspiring artists, authors, painters, poets and minorities from other countries over the years.

The show was not billed as her full MDNA concert and tremendous effort was made to keep the ticket prices reasonable ($100 for 2,000 floor seats) and keep them strictly for her fans.

The show cost Madonna close to a million dollars to produce. She has done a handful of club dates in the past and they were never more than 45 minutes. And by the way, she put on a fabulous show, which was streamed for millions of fans around the world.

Today, Madonna’s spokeswoman Liz Rosenberg has released the following statement:

Madonna’s Paris club show was planned as her heartfelt thank-you to France, which she expressed at the start of her show. Despite a grueling concert tour, she desperately wanted to perform for her fans in an intimate setting at the historic Olympia as a means to honor her love for French artists, French cinema and a tribute to France’s long history of welcoming and inspiring artists, authors, painters, poets and minorities from other countries over the years.

The show was not billed as her full MDNA concert and tremendous effort was made to keep the ticket prices reasonable ($100 for 2,000 floor seats) and keep them strictly for her fans.

The show cost Madonna close to a million dollars to produce. She has done a handful of club dates in the past and they were never more than 45 minutes. And by the way, she put on a fabulous show, which was streamed for millions of fans around the world.

There you go.

It was not needed - she had nothing to apologize for - but hopefully appreciated by those who needed it.

Guest kidintown

seriously..i'm just sick of these people. today a friend talked to me about that thing last night and he was like 'money whore, it's a shame' WHATEVER bitch! she's fucking madonna and she even made a concert in this small venue! too bad because i think after last night she will never do it again. just because all of you dumb little unthankful people. it was a small show, everybody understood it but of course, some haven't. seriously, what did you expect? even just 3 songs would've been special at that venue and that intimate atmosphere so just shut up at all the hater, press, etc. because madonna doesn't care what you think and as long as you write about her, and it doesn't matter what you write: she will be smiling at you. bang bang!

Guest kidintown

The entire show was AMAZING, but the last two songs holy crap. I was dying. QUEENDONNA :Disco_Ball:

the last 2 songs were EPIC!

Guest bluejean

Did anyone notice the hilarious amount of people in the audience FILMING Madonna on their cameras and phones? Did they think they could capture it better than the professionals filming the broadcast did they? :lmao:

Guest kidintown

Did anyone notice the hilarious amount of people in the audience FILMING Madonna on their cameras and phones? Did they think they could capture it better than the professionals filming the broadcast did they? :lmao:

hahahaha

That's the fucking reason my iphone stayed next to my balls all concert long, there was no point on filming a show that is already being filmed professionaly right ... half of the people there did not get that, they were fucking everyone elses with their shitty photos or videos, not enjoying the real show, and if there are few of those camera addicted on the show, i don't regret my words i regret your phones

Thanks for this thread of positivity, acko dear.

Loved it. She seemed a little shaky in spots, which made her seem more human and vulnerable than the "roboticized" and "soulless" authoritarian/bitchy performer the critics like to paint her as. (Oh, how "generous" a performer Gaga is in comparison to Madonna they say. Pish.)

Yes, people overlook the amount of effort it took to scale this production down for the size of the venue -- the rehearsals would have been really difficult when you're so used to "your stage" and then you have to adapt to this smaller scale. And then, of course, the addition of the two new songs, which were wonderful. I will say that BK/DAD really changed the interpretation of the song for me -- for SOME reason (how AWFUL of me!! :( ) I always "heard" the gunshot at the end as being fired by the beautiful killer of the title at Madonna... I should have known better, of course! It's Madonna shooting at the beautiful killer! Clever. I mean, the staging was cinematic, if a little clumsy in spots (which again, speaks to her professionalism, but "first-night jitters" in a sense) ... so I appreciate it, although I was kind of dreading the end, knowing she would probably shoot him. It's probably the heightened sensitivity all over the recent Aurora events. Maybe it makes a little more sense if you know French and can fully appreciate the lyrics to "Je T'aime...." ? I know that means "I love you" but the rest is a mystery to me. She looked amazing and really delivered a phenomenal performance, though.

I'm not sure how much choreography from BK/DAD is borrowed from Revolver, but it looked so slick! Loved it. Sexy trenches and heels.

I think she really put the "heart" or "core" of MDNA into this club performance. The parts left out are spectacular but scale-wise couldn't have fit in the venue, and she had an appropriate-sized similar theme to the "transgression" section with BK and Je T'aime. I think to perform something jubilant after that dark, cinematic ending would have diminished the impact.

I've never been more in love with Marge than I have been these days, since the day the Super Bowl aired. She's at another artistic peak. The Je T'aime performance knocked my sox off. I'm just in awe.

No one is going to ruin Madonna for me this year. Not Lady Fafa, not The Other Loonybin, and certainly not a bunch of caca fans in France :)

The ending will go down in history as one of her best ones. So powerful. So dramatic. While I get doing it as a one-off makes it more "special", it would be awesome if she actually keeps it for the rest of the tour as the ending of that section.

Anyway, this is probably her best -and her longest- club performance and it's shocking how she's actually getting lots of crap for it. Thousands of fans would've gladly paid double of those throwing bottles at her stage paid, just to be there and enjoy the show live.

i loved every second of it...risked getting in trouble at work for watching it even because i couldn't possibly watch it any other time than while it was happening haha.

all the songs were perfectly chosen...

i love Human Nature and will always but I wish it was a better song when sung live. She should rework the whole song so she can sing it in the higher register like that one line she does (that was vocodered in Sticky & Sweet). THe song is just not that exciting to sing live because the original recorded version was kind of spoken/sung anyway.

Doing Je'taime was an unexpected magical moment for sure!

She should record it and release it!

An amazing show, I love Erotic Candy Shop and the last two songs were perfect. We got to see two songs performed in public for the first time live. What more could a fan want. :inlove:

I think this is the best performance of HN as of yet. It tops DWT, and that's saying something cause she gave it her all during that number and even worked in a bit of the choreo from the video.

BK really is sucha wonderful song, there's something so old school 'pop' about it. It might have worked as a single cuz it doesn't sound as anything current :inlove:

Doing Je'taime was an unexpected magical moment for sure!

She should record it and release it!

Didn't she record it with Mirwais?

NO, wait. ... She recorded "Melody Nelson" or something like that (another song by Serge Gainsbourg) right? I remember around the time of Music there were rumors about a Gainsbourg tribute album, and Madonna talked about this song (Je t'aime) being one of her faves, but I think the rumor was that she even covered a Gainsbourg song during recording sessions. I thought the name was "Melody Nelson," but I don't recall for certain. Maybe someone else has a recollection of this. (Nightshade? Maybe I should go check the Music genesis thread, but then I can't clearly recall if it was after Music that these rumors surfaced, because, again, I think it was connected to a tribute album project, not her own. And we know she obviously still recorded and wrote with Mirwais after Music because the follow-up AL was 100% Mirwais. So the rumors could have been true...)

Anyway. Back to the praise of this treasure of a show!