Paris Olympia Viewing Thread!

Camacho

You are so right. I'm sorry for Gaga having this kind of fans. Maybe she is to blame though

She pushes them to do it, it's like a cult, I am in another forum which is about music in general and there are lots of monsters so when gaga farts theres a thread so I know whats happening around her even when I dont follow her and Today she went on a chat room on her littlemonsters web page and she was chatting with the fans and randomly she said something along this lines:

'Is it weird that when you Google Madonna you get a bunch of things about Swastikas, Nazis, Guns and Lady Gaga. Pop culture is weird'

Of course that was a backhanded hypocrite slap at Madonna trying to imply that she has the only way that she can get people to talk about her is with that

Let me find you guys the screenshots of the chat!

I just know i'll be watching Beautiful Killer twenty more times in the next hour.

I do understand that this was a special up-close concert of Madonna. I'm totally with you. But honestly, she should've ended with one or two more songs that were amazing: for example, Gang Bang and Like a Prayer or I'm Addicted. Something more disco. Unfortunately this is what people want from her, always have and always will.

Hadn't heard Open your Heart 2012 before and it was fantastic. Blew my mind.

I cant get the a screenshot cus the source of the post is the little monsters web page and Im not a member obviously but this is the direct quote Gaga said today to her fans:

Gaga:

anyone notice if you Google Madonna the search responds with articles

about lady gaga, nazis, and swatikas. pop culture is a weirdo.

I just know i'll be watching Beautiful Killer twenty more times in the next hour.

I do understand that this was a special up-close concert of Madonna. I'm totally with you. But honestly, she should've ended with one or two more songs that were amazing: for example, Gang Bang and Like a Prayer or I'm Addicted. Something more disco. Unfortunately this is what people want from her, always have and always will.

Hadn't heard Open your Heart 2012 before and it was fantastic. Blew my mind.

:chuckle:

I haven't heard a disco song by Madonna yet..

She did Vogue and thats the gayest song she has

I cant get the a screenshot cus the source of the post is the little monsters web page and Im not a member obviously but this is the direct quote Gaga said today to her fans:

who fucking cares? Let's just talk about the show and don't turn this into another Gaga thread.

She has a fucking cult following and she is duping and manipulating poor little preteens to be hateful and ageist while she gives an innocent image to the press saying she's all about love and tolerance

She's 24/7 on her twitter and chat rooms

Not doing LAP was a missed opportunity in this live setting. But as a DVD bonus the way she ended will work better because it's all new.

This article really nails down what Gaga is all about and how she is running a cult-like stanbase based on LIES

It's an amazing reading in full if you wanna give it a go here's the link: http://www.huffingto..._b_1699762.html

But an excerpt:

To most of us, Lady Gaga is a talented musician with a great (and sadly under-utilized,) voice, whose act is one half catchy, sublimely dumb pop songs and one half a postmodern kitchen-sinking of references to other works. To the faithful, she is a purveyor of capital-A art who also happens to be their very best friend. She has "artistically eclipsed," Madonna and everyone else, really, through this robotic regurgitation. This irrational, personal bond is a great comfort to many kids who aren't hearing loving messages anywhere else, but can also lead some to engage in unfortunate behavior.

Lady Gaga has famously launched an

anti-bullying campaign, but her fans have racked up a pretty long list of bully victims in just two and a half albums' time. Gaga fans forced Boy George to temporarily abandon Twitter after a barrage of often homophobic and sometimes violent messages. Adele incurred their wrath, mostly expressed via weight-shaming, simply for selling more records than Mother Monster. Gaga fans also felt compelled to inform Kelly Osbourne that she was fat, "looked like" she had AIDS and suggested she kill herself after she criticized Gaga's choice to skip the Grammy red carpet. A vendetta against Katy Perry even received the rare honor of encouragement from camp Gaga after she dressed as a mermaid -- which was totally Gaga's idea, you know. No word on how Bette Midler, who also did not invent mermaids but has dressed as one basically every show of her entire career, feels about that one. And forget about Team Lil' Kim -- it's the Lady Gaga fans who chase Nicki Minaj out of malls, claiming she "ripped Lady Gaga off"... Somehow.

That last one is important. Take a moment to watch that video and you'll see why so much invective is hurled at Madonna -- and many others -- by Gaga fans. "She stands for all of us," that guy we all hope Lady Gaga does not stand for says as he chases Minaj out the door.

Minaj didn't do anything to Gaga, of course, let alone to her fans. It's merely that some are so invested in the myth of Gaga that any similarity to Mother Monster is threatening to their sense of self -- no matter who did it first. This is especially problematic because, as an artist, Lady Gaga is essentially a human Tumblr account, a hauntological soup of a woman who recycles -- but rarely re-purposes -- whatever happens to catch her eye. That's fine, of course. It is impossible for anyone to be interesting without beinginterested, and Gaga is no exception. The reality just doesn't fit the narrative of the brilliant, inventive artiste that the Church of Gagatology has built. That is, by its nature, threatening to some people.

In short, it is unsurprising that when Madonna acknowledged -- and dared to criticize -- the similarities, a million Lady Gaga fans took the web to brand her Satan. (It should be noted that even a million would be just one in 52 people who "like" Gaga on Facebook, or only one in 23 people who have actually purchased one of her albums.)

It is surprising, however, that so many in the media have bought the "old singer goes after young threat," narrative being perpetuated. For anyone keeping score, a list of bigger threats to Madonna's sales and chart record supremacy would include Beyonce, Kylie Minogue, Britney Spears and, yes, even Rihanna. But, then, it seems most of these people really don't know pop history. If they did, they'd know that when people start hatin' on Madonna, Madonna doubles down.

This persistent ageism when we talk about Madonna now should be disturbing to anybody who plans to live to middle age. When she was 30, it was rare that a story about her noted her age. When she was 40, it started to pop up. Now, you're more likely than not to see it mentioned. Her latest album was met with

solid reviews, had the strongest first-week sales of the year (so far, there will probably be better,) and was number one in 50 countries before it was even released. Her latest tour is doing phenomenally in spite of a huge spike in ticket cost. But the salient point, we are told time and again, is that she's 54. She's washed up, done for, you see, because no matter how successful she is, older women are worth less than younger ones.

Edited by realityisalways

Madonna on stage is untouchable. Tonight's performance was just another testament. And she's not just a pop singer, she's a real artist. I understand why other artists's fans are green with envy, not just Gaga's but rock fans also.

I absolutely loved it! I wish she could both of these new performances in the regular longer show. She could take out Like A Virgin. I appreciate that as a work of art, but the problem is people keep wanting to sing the original version over what she is singing so it doesn't really work at a concert.

I absolutely loved it! I wish she could both of these new performances in the regular longer show. She could take out Like A Virgin. I appreciate that as a work of art, but the problem is people keep wanting to sing the original version over what she is singing so it doesn't really work at a concert.

Replace Like a Virgin (or Human Nature) with Bad Girl or Je T'Aime.