1 August - Warsaw

Msig

MADONNA speaks to the crowd in WARSZAWA ...or Warsaw in English.......Poland you did me proud! (polish heritage)

[media=]

[/media]

That was very humble and kind of her, especially to say "I know you worked really hard to pay for your ticket..."

Despite the anti-Madonna petitions, mass services and prayer sessions, only one (!) protester was seen at the stadium.

:lol:

I heard the Warsaw Uprising video shown right before the show started was very well received.

This is what my Polish non-fan friend, who is a music industry professional, had to say:

"Madonna 10 metres away didn't look that bad. Her show in Warsaw was awesome, although it started 40 minutes late."

:D

I'm so impressed by the Polish fans. They're so well-organized. The white hearts were a sweet idea and I'm glad she remembered they did it again last time. :inlove: The crowd looks really good too. Nice little speech by M.

The stadium is really impressive-looking. That sound delay is a drag, but I hope it was fine when the show was on.

Posted by MADONNA DOES IT BETTER on Facebook:

562736_421420211237428_1189376313_n.jpg

This pic is from November 2006 in New York, a month after David entered her and Guy's life

Loved her face 2003 - 2007 best she's ever looked

Yaz in the MadonnaTribe forum:

1) Organisations was just perfect. I was surprised (remembering distaster back in the 2009) and happy about it.

2) Soundcheck was fun, she fucked up couple of lines and dance steps and was all smiling and goofy about it.

3) Show blew my mind. Holy fuck, what was that. I was with my boyfriend and he officialy became a fan after the show.

4) We were 2nd [row], tip of the triangle - a little bit on the left. Madonna looked directly in our eyes two times for a couple of seconds during Human Nature (where she was unzipping her pants) and during Like A Virgin in the final corset chorus. And she cried during LAV, made even this "nose" noise when you are crying (don't know how to put it in english, sorry).

5) LUV white heart campaign was a success! Not everyone had white hearts but we were really loud and passionate and she did respond!

It was just perfect. Stadium was pretty much packed on the floor, there were some empty seats here and there but overall I think they did well. I heard that far back in the stadium sound wasn't that good but I can't tell really.

And she's beautiful. And sexy. Even without make-up. She finally looks like Madonna - hot woman, not a girl. Sexy vixen.

More soon, I'm still super excited :-D :-D

Guest pedrohdi

The stadium looks packed, the polish fans are one of the best crowds in Europe, or so it seems! It seems to have been one hell of of show! I wonder wich show will be filmed for release...

Guest pedrohdi

The person filming Like a Prayer, seems to be very far away from the stage, and the sound is not that bad!

Edited by pedrohdi

Jan OÅ‚dakowski, Managing Director of the Warsaw Uprising Museum, on Madonna's show (my translation);

"The insurgents fought for a free Poland. If anyone wants to go see Madonna's show, why shouldn't they? We wanted a free Poland and Madonna performing in Poland on the anniversary of the Warsaw Uprising only proves that we're living in a free country."

He adds that it probably wasn't even Madonna's own decision to perform in Poland on that particular date.

Guest pedrohdi

Jan OÅ‚dakowski, Managing Director of the Warsaw Uprising Museum, on Madonna's show (my translation);

"The insurgents fought for a free Poland. If anyone wants to go see Madonna's show, why shouldn't they? We wanted a free Poland and Madonna performing in Poland on the anniversary of the Warsaw Uprising only proves that we're living in a free country."

He adds that it probably wasn't even Madonna's own decision to perform in Poland on that particular date.

Right on!

Since, apparently, no one from this forum was present at the show, I'll post some fan reviews from other forums:

Leniviec at MadonnaTribe

"The show was fucking mindblowing! The opening...omg, that's her best performance ever, it already looks amazing on fan videos but it's 1000000x better live! Those church bells...

And I was really pleasantly surprised by LAV performance. It looks rather boring on youtube but when I saw it live yesterday I was amazed. It's so beautiful and emotional.

I will post some pictures later :-)"

Mads4eva at MadonnaTribe

"Went to see the MDNA show in Warsaw last nite and it is without any doubt Madonna's best concert tour (at least in the last 12 years!)

As for the actual gig it all kicked off 50 mins late (!!!) leaving a lot of the people extremely angry but Madonna was in perfect form, rather chatty and smiling a lot and it all went smoothly without any technical issues.

Her live vocals were rather strong in most cases (where she sang live) but off key a lot during Turn Up The Radio and I'm a Sinner however she sounded beautifully on Open Your Heart, Masterpiece and Like A Virgin (which made me cry).

The stadium looked shockingly empty with two sections of lower tiers completely sealed off with additional empty patches of seats pretty much in all seating sections however totally packed out in the GC and GA.

The audience was pretty lame (apart from GC and maybe some of GA) and it was sad seeing people sit through the whole show especially Like A Prayer which has been such a crowd pleaser everywhere.

Needless to say I would love to be able to afford to get high on MDNA LIVE at least one more time."

As for press reviews, the things being respectively praised or criticized are the same as in the rest of Europe.