badaboom

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I CAN'T BREATH!!!!

@ 4:02

Madonna: Are you ready to sing?

Girl: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Madonna: You're not singing

HAHAHAH OH GOD I LOVE HER SO MUCH! :lmao:

Oh and here's Gang Bang without the motel!

[media=]

[/media]

Oh god she got the lyrics wrong in the beginning too. Tonight was NOT her night.

Edited by hydrangeas

Priceless! For a self-admitted control freak, M did "Gang Bang" pretty damn great.

Priceless! For a self-admitted control freak, M did "Gang Bang" pretty damn great.

Totally! You can almost hear her thought process as she slowly walks to the main stage then realizes the motel set is not coming.

Great showgirl!

She did an absolutely amazing job given the circumstances, plus you get to see more of the backdrop without the motel set and it's really amazing!

Now all I want is a video of M on a rampage backstage. :horny:

People around me were all around 60 and watched it like they were watching coronation street on the telly, looking bored and totally unimpressed. What an awful crowd after Istanbul. Typical British taking everything for granted and not appreciating much! I feel so upset, it almost ruined my nice memories from the stadium show. Keep leaving getting rheir bloody beers during the show and keep leaving again because they need the toilet after all that beer!! I'm so pissed of about gang bang too, looked nowhere near as good without the motel room. That's my moan for the day, sorry...

I didn't think the crowd where exceptionally dull, not really? I've been to a lot of gigs, many Madonna ones too and you always get the boring sods that just sit there reserved! No matter who it is. I was on the side block and alot of people were dancing and having a great time. People that just sit there just made me laugh like get your money's worth, DANCE AND SING GET UP AND DO YOUR THING! And in the words of Madonna last night 'seats are for ass's!!

it was a great concert. Celebration and LAP were off the scale, So accomplished.

Negatives - almost 10pm when it started! WTF. Lots of fatties in the audience, sadly representative for some of the Birmingham suburbs. I bet the catering teams were happy, lots of money spent on the bar and at the burger outlets.

Having been to many concerts, Birmingham crowds can be crap, but I thought this one, especially in the area I was in, were up for it (despite looking as if they live on a sofa eating chips all day).

Quite a few people left from 11pm, I guess because they had to leave for trains etc. Shame because they missed the outstanding finale, which alone is worth the price of the ticket.

Parts of the show sag slightly but her energy and artistry always shine through. Respect.

it was a great concert. Celebration and LAP were off the scale, So accomplished.

Negatives - almost 10pm when it started! WTF. Lots of fatties in the audience, sadly representative for some of the Birmingham suburbs. I bet the catering teams were happy, lots of money spent on the bar and at the burger outlets.

Having been to many concerts, Birmingham crowds can be crap, but I thought this one, especially in the area I was in, were up for it (despite looking as if they live on a sofa eating chips all day).

Quite a few people left from 11pm, I guess because they had to leave for trains etc. Shame because they missed the outstanding finale, which alone is worth the price of the ticket.

Parts of the show sag slightly but her energy and artistry always shine through. Respect.

Yes, I don't get why the show has to start late when it's indoors and the light doesn't affect it. If you want to start at 9.30pm then put it on the ticket in the first place and not 8.00pm. It won't piss people off if they know from the start. But yes, in spite of my defending people just wanting to watch, I was disappointed with some of the crowds at Hyde Park too just standing there. I don't see how you can't move around at least a little!

And why wasn't Celebration longer? It felt like it was 3 minutes long!

I didn't think the crowd where exceptionally dull, not really? I've been to a lot of gigs, many Madonna ones too and you always get the boring sods that just sit there reserved! No matter who it is. I was on the side block and alot of people were dancing and having a great time. People that just sit there just made me laugh like get your money's worth, DANCE AND SING GET UP AND DO YOUR THING! And in the words of Madonna last night 'seats are for ass's!!

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'd like to stick up for the "boring sods that just sit there reserved". Just because they're not singing and dancing doesn't mean they're not enjoying the show. This is such a spectacular, theatrical show that I want to be able to see and hear it properly, and not have lots of people blocking the view with their arms and drowning out Madonna with their out-of-tune singing. Unless you're lucky enough to be in in the triangle bit or right at the front, I think seating would be ideal. If it were a greatest hits-style concert with Madonna just standing there singing, then I can understand people would want to dance and sing along, but I can't really imagine most people singing along to Revolver or Gang Bang or the Justify My Love interlude. When Madonna barks at the audience in that crow voice about it being a "no-sitting-down song!" it just makes me wince. For me, a gig in Spain or Brazil or somewhere like that would be a nightmare, with everybody screaming and shouting over the stop of the music. I prefer the more reserved "Northern European" culture, but people seem to assume that's automatically inferior to the more extrovert southern cultures.

Anyway, judging by the audience reaction at the end of Celebration in that video, people really appreciated the show. It looks amazing. I don't get why it's such a big problem for these casual (supposed) fans that Madonna's not doing the hits, since the new songs are presented in such a creative and spectacular way. I mean, do you have to know every line of a play or a musical by heart to enjoy it?

Yes, I don't get why the show has to start late when it's indoors and the light doesn't affect it. If you want to start at 9.30pm then put it on the ticket in the first place and not 8.00pm. It won't piss people off if they know from the start. But yes, in spite of my defending people just wanting to watch, I was disappointed with some of the crowds at Hyde Park too just standing there. I don't see how you can't move around at least a little!

And why wasn't Celebration longer? It felt like it was 3 minutes long!

Yes, if they had even announced during the wait that there would be a delay it would have improved matters. The DJ support act finished his set over an hour before she came on. He had built up the anticipation, left the stage and then all the main lights came back on, bright, destroying the build up. Crap planning.

Oh well. It was still great. Without the delay it would have been the best ever.

Celebration is live :wow:

[media=]

[/media]

Problems during I'm Addicted x_x

Omg did anyone else notice the dancer in I'm addicted in glasses? I mean I guess it's no big deal but wtf? Is he doing in glasses. Just random. Take them off!

Part 1:

Back home after the Brum show yesterday. Couldn’t send further updates from the show yesterday as my phone kept losing signal.

Thought I’d share my experience although it’s impossible to truly describe what it’s like to be in the GT.

The venue:

SL271114.jpg

Nothing particular special about it from the outside.

Getting the GT tickets:

SL271116.jpg

Fanclub winners were told to queue on the far right of the photo where the chubby securities guys are.

No ipad lottery due to no of tickets given away in icon competition.

A lady came out (not ipad girl) and announced that winners would receive GT tickets + wristbands from 5.30. People were then called inside in groups of 10. You had to be with your +1 upon collection. Ipad girl was at the table inside but she told us that she wasn’t allowed to give us her name or have a photo taken with her.

Doors opened soon after 6 and Madonna had already finished the soundcheck.

The Golden Triangle:

Those with GT access were racing to find the entrance to the GT and got shouted at a number of times not to run.

Got my spot by the barrier against the stage – stage right. Heart was racing!

IMG_1013.jpg

It’s the place with the black bag.

Pit itself is pretty big and a steward mentioned that 300 were the maximum number permitted in.

People inside were great overall and really friendly and excited.

IMG_1009.jpg

Dude in the centre is apparently her personal bodyguard. He is amazingly hot!

The young guy next to him stood with his hands in his pockets not moving and a grim expression on his face the entire show. Couldn’t believe it! Why bother coming to the show? :dazed:

The Warm-Up Act: Alesso

IMG_1028.jpg

Couldn’t see the guy at all from where I was. Either he is tiny or the display booth was super high.

He also had some technical difficulties initially as the sound wasn’t coming out.

He was ok and had some good tunes but didn’t really get the crowd going. Played no Madonna songs unlike Solveig and didn’t engage with the crowd.

Preferred Solveig hands down.

The Manager:

IMG_1027.jpg

*commiserates with fans about aus* Not!

Seriously, this guy has the same blank look on his face the whole time.

The Toilet:

This outside the gents: :rotfl:

IMG_1029.jpg

Wondered if this how the locals generally behave! :lmao:

The crowd just before:

SL271120.jpg

Super handsome bodyguard stands in the gap between the stage and the barrier just before the show starts. His name is Alessandro I believe.

SL271125.jpg

:yowza:

Whenever Madge reaches out to the crowd he stands between with her and them with his arm controlling the level of interaction. Saw that he’s got a wedding ring. Damn!

Edited by badaboom

Part 2:

The Show!

Pure magic as the show starts and the GT is on fire!

SL271146.jpg

*and I want so badly to pee*

SL271147.jpg

:inlove: :inlove:

SL271172.jpg

*asks for next month’s rent*

SL271163.jpg

Can’t believe I’m this close…

SL271170.jpg

Rocco with a ray of light coming out his nose

SL271175.jpg

Best part of the show imho

IMG_1047.jpg

Didn’t initially notice the signs at the side and bottom of the main shot :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

IMG_1060.jpg

Didn’t appreciate, until being this close up, the skill involved in the slack-lining. Was great to view it from here.

Random thoughts:

• Madonna’s American vocoder pronounciation - “BERRRMEENG-HAM” vs the Brit way – “buh-ming-im’

• If you didn’t know (and weren’t told) of the original staging of GB, you would be non the wiser. Madonna and the dancers did a fantastic improv job.

• Average age was definitely older – 40s I’m guessing compared to Barcelona where the crowd was a lot younger

• Crowd outside GT did seem a bit stiff until the usual crowd pleasers came on. Compared to Barcelona where the whole place was rocking the whole time. Different cultures ‘spose. Saying that though the ‘Fuck Yeah / No’ call and response did get people going and was well received.

Conclusion:

Nothing compares to being in the pit. It is pure magic!

It is the best view in the house for seeing things up close and personal. Sound, however, is very bassy and can be a bit distorted. Would recommend use of earplugs to filter out the distortion. The guys next to me had them but I didn’t think to bring any.

All the glitches added and did not detract from the show. Made it even more memorable!

There endeth my MDNA tour. So many memories!

Guest Fukujima

he is the guy from the Turn Up the Radio video, the one that she picks up at the gas station...he looks very italian and hoT!!

Problems during I'm Addicted x_x

[media=]

[/media]

Why is she wearing shoes in this one? 1 minute too late and still not fully styled :lol:

Apparently, she lost her mic in LAV too.