Madonna scraps plan to tour Australia!

Camacho

I'm going home now. Did absolutely no work today thanks to M....though this time is due to unhappy distractions. Then I just get the pre-sale email for the new French date from Icon. CUNTS....I replied them and gave them a piece of my mind......not that they'll give a shit :(

I know, talk about bad timing, WTF

I'm not going to say much at all about how I feel about this, because my disappointment is NOTHING compared to almost everyone else in Australia, but to say I'm stunned is putting it mildly. I know what Guy told me. I know what my other source told me. This was DEFINITELY happening. The "whispers" that I was hearing about all allocated seating/no General Admission etc. - that came from Guy himself (I chose not to say this at the time because I didn't want to send everyone into a mad panic - he specifically said that it would be all allocated seating "apart from the Golden Triangle" - which he pointed to as he said this - because "it makes it a nicer experience for everyone"). That's how far into the process they were. My other source said that the "allocated seating" bit contradicted what he had been told, and he was hoping that Guy would change his mind (since I had had more recent contact with Guy than he had). Last week, everything was still on (the exact dates are irrelevant now, but they spanned from Brisbane on January 9th to Perth on January 22nd, with two shows in each of four cities, which fits in with what Madonntribe were saying).

Aside from being able to confirm that today's news is 100% true (my source said he didn't tell me because he didn't want to be the one to devastate me), all I've been able to find out is that there is a definite reason for the change in plans and that we will "soon find out". No consolation, though.

I'm devastated for everyone who has been let down yet again. I think Madonna needs to accept that she is going to struggle in Australia from now on in every respect. Guy will no doubt realise that this was their last chance for a stadium tour of Australia. I understand everyone's anger. I like what Nightshade said about remembering the joy that Madonna's music has brought people for the bulk of their lives, though. Hopefully, this will stop some people from handing in their fan cards..... :(

I firmly believe that when I spoke to Guy, everything was in place and progressing as planned. The guy who spoke to him in London is a friend and from what he has said, things definitely changed in a big way between my conversation with Guy and his last night, because he was very forthcoming in Germany.

Matt, San, bluejean and CJM (and any others who I haven't had direct communication with) - I'm so incredibly sorry for getting your hopes up after my conversations with Guy. CUBB - you were right :(

Hugs Carta, you were just the messenger.

There is no excuse M, Guy or LN can offer that will make everyone feel better - her career in Australia is damaged further, radio and the media are saying horrible things about her today and so are many fans on Twitter.

I am VERY. VERY, VERY angry. It is one thing for Madonna to snub Australia on EVERY tour before and since the Girlie Show. That is bad enough. But it is quite another thing to keep announcing that she will tour here and then cancel those plans. For some stupid reason I actually believed her this time. I was thinking of saving up to see her overseas but since the announcement that she would tour Australia was so concrete this time, I believed it (despite initial doubts). The Live Nation press released announced that she would come here. Guy Oseary confirmed it and reconfirmed it. He was adamant. Arthur Fogel confirmed it. So I didn't save up for an expensive overseas trip. Now I will have no way of seeing the tour - I cannot spend thousands and thousands of dollars on return air fares and accommodation to the other side of the world at short notice.

I don't know what M's problem is but ALL other major acts manage to tour Australia - repeatedly. Gaga is has been here at least FIVE times in her relatively short career (including three concert tours) and frankly, she is a bigger act than M these days. Madonna contemporaries such as Prince and MJ (R.I.P.) toured here multiple times. Prince has just finished yet another Australian tour. What is wrong with Madonna? WHY does she keep announcing tours here and then cancelling them? There is no excuse anymore, I am fed up and have had enough. SOOOO angry right now. I am seriously considering throwing all the M music and memorabilia I have in the bin. Not just selling it, but smashing it up and throwing it IN THE BIN so that it's out of circulation for good. I can't tell you how angry I am. I'm seething.

Edited by ipex

Why doesn't she just do another Girlie Show type tour and not spend months and months in Europe, and months and months in North America. I mean, I don't really know why she's taking this tour to shit cities like Ottawa. Ottawa is only 4 hours away from Toronto, not far for people to travel and see her.

What a mess, They deserve all the backlash. This was just probably to gain sales of MDNA in Australia. Lame.

I don't believe this - I honestly believe that it was all happening. Something has happened in the last week or so to change this. Whatever the reason, it's not going to appease anyone (unless it's a serious health matter, in which case you'd think she'd scrap the entire tour).

Also, MJ only toured here twice - in 1987 (several arena shows were cancelled due to poor sales, which seems ludicrous given how massive he was) and 1996. Prince has been here a few times, yes (twice in the last decade, from memory).

The backlash over this will not die down quickly.

all I've been able to find out is that there is a definite reason for the change in plans and that we will "soon find out". No consolation, though.

Non traditional promo perhaps?

Last week, everything was still on (the exact dates are irrelevant now, but they spanned from Brisbane on January 9th to Perth on January 22nd, with two shows in each of four cities, which fits in with what Madonntribe were saying).

Matt, San, bluejean and CJM (and any others who I haven't had direct communication with) - I'm so incredibly sorry for getting your hopes up after my conversations with Guy. CUBB - you were right :(

It's not your fault.

Gahhhh according to those dates I could have seen her for my birthday :( sucks so much right now. I wonder what the reason is? There must be an understandable reason for this.

Maybe Liz slipped her a few drinks after the show and she drunkenly stated that she didn't want to go to Australia and her team took her word for it lol

No but in actuality the only LEGITIMATE excuse I could see for her changing her mind this quickly would be a major health problem, but I don't think that's the case considering she still has a ton of shows to do and she hasn't cancelled those...

Edited by hydrangeas

It's not your fault.

Gahhhh according to those dates I could have seen her for my birthday :( sucks so much right now. I wonder what the reason is? There must be an understandable reason for this.

I'm being led to believe that it's big, but that's all I can get out of anyone. My friend has been good at keeping me posted (hence my unshakeable belief that she was coming here), but this time, he's sworn to absolute secrecy. Again, no consolation and whatever the reason, it won't seem good enough, but for some reason, it's not being disclosed yet.

Carta, they are not even responding - can't imagine a big enough reason to let us down again.

This will do permanent damage to her career here and also impact future opportunities to tour - I think we won't see her in Australia again and next time I'll be prepared.

I have a new job so cannot fly out in next 6 months so that's it for me, back to YouTube I go

I'm being led to believe that it's big, but that's all I can get out of anyone. My friend has been good at keeping me posted (hence my unshakeable belief that she was coming here), but this time, he's sworn to absolute secrecy. Again, no consolation and whatever the reason, it won't seem good enough, but for some reason, it's not being disclosed yet.

It's going to be big alright... another BIG load of baloney. Like "my kids will be at school so I can't come to Australia" - remember that one?

I hope it's not bad. What if someone in her family is sick or something?!

Shit now I'm worried! :nervous: Being a Madonna fan is so stressful.

Shit now I'm worried! :nervous: Being a Madonna fan is so stressful.

Don't worry, it is nothing like that - it's just a simple case of letting down her Australian fans AGAIN after leading them to believe she was coming. Nothing new to see here...

Don't worry, it is nothing like that - it's just a simple case of letting down her Australian fans AGAIN after leading them to believe she was coming. Nothing new to see here...

I'm not from Australia so I don't normally pay attention to what's going on there concerning her tours, but has it ever been so last minute?

It's going to be big alright... another BIG load of baloney. Like "my kids will be at school so I can't come to Australia" - remember that one?

and now the Aussie dollar is the strongest in the world, it's not even being a commercial piece of shit that is stopping her

the reason she's not coming is that she really, truly, honestly does not give a fuck about her fans

Nope. I don't think so. I think something must be wrong. Now that I'm over the shock and anger I really do think there is a proper reason for this.

Here is the news report I was talking about. The girl at 1:30 in..."She's never gonna come back.." Bitch knew.

omg tracy and that man (i forget his name) look so young in that video! haha. hmm i wonder what the number #1 ticket holder is doing with herself these days.

maybe she will just push it further back in the year 2013, instead of january, push it back to april or may

sticky & sweet was six months inbetween was it not??? LET'S PRAY esp. after this hella backlash

OH WOW

When I first saw the title of this thread I was "myeah, Hector, that's not a thing you should joke about" but then when I read the first post... :ohmy:

what can i say, I agree with what has been said: if it were a serious health problem (for either her or one of the kids, she'd cancel the rest of the tour, not just Australia) and it can't be exhaustion either since she has just added ANOTHER Paris date. That's right, MOTHERFUCKING PARIS, the city that has seen every single one of her tours (except for TVT).

A big hug for every Aussie on this forum. I'm sorry, guys. She even ruined Carly's birthday plans. Cuntdonna.

I guess Matt Matt & CUBB were right all along.

Guest Not4Pussies

is there a chance the Australian leg might get pushed back and start mid year, just like S&S 2?

so has it been confirmed that its cancelled? Shes a fucking idiot if so, this should ignite yet more worldwide negative media for her. Who the fuck is running her career these days.

Guest Not4Pussies

i agree. this is going to be such a negative period for her.

and i think this is solely her decision.

When I woke up, I was overly excited with the new Paris date... and then I read about the cancellation and it bumped me out! I'm really sorry for all Aussie fans!

Honestly, I'm angry at her too. Right now, she deserves every single insult that's been thrown at her. Yes, she doesn't have the legal obligation to tour Australia, but why, WHY did she have to say she was... She could've avoided all this with a simple statement at the begining of the tour saying "The tour will visit Europe, North America AND South America. Period.