Madonna scraps plan to tour Australia!

Camacho

What about the Saudi Arabian fans?

Even we had the opportunity to see her in Abu Dhabi :laugh: It's only a 1 hour flight from where I live. sadly it was a bad time for me + I didn't have any money :(

She's been such a good girl since Evita.. and now flashing a sad old tit seems the only way to go.. or singing Gaga on tour!?

:newspaper:

If there is anything still in the works or up in the air for 2013 in terms of itinerary, I don't think they can make new promises without having things set in stone. It would only further enrage people if things fall through again. I hope that Oceania get the show, especially if it's revamped with a few more hits for 2013.

I think at this stage there are no plans for Australia and the reason a statement hasn't happened is because they don't have a good enough reason as it may be a case of M saying she wants the tour to end by the end of 2012 which would demonstrate further disrespect to Australian fans.

The reality is M has dropped the ball with this era and I'm very disappointed in how M and her team have managed the scrapping of the Australian dates.

Same, I'm a bit shocked by how M has just ignored us, Guy and Liz would have told her LN announced the MDNA tour wasn't happening, it is a low act and I'm disappointed in M at the moment. This whole era has been one fuck up after another

To the Aussie fans saying they're gonna burn her merchandise — mnation09 (?) who had the autographed SEX book— just sell that stuff and use the money to see M in South America. You get the show, a little holiday, and that's better than a pile of ash. Don't be selling any cars though, that's just stupid.

Still no official word (not even Liz) on the subject and they act like nothing happened. It's embarrasing and pathetic. I hope this SILENCE gives them the time to think and say something about it or make a final decision, like tour in Australia at the end.

I think if they announce a tour, it would just be a mess. The Aussie fan base is pissed off, casual fans called her names on Twitter, radio and newspapers went against her and slammed the album's 3 week appearance in the chart and lack of hit singles and then let's pretend she tours, after 20 years with the set-list in it's current form, she would be torn to pieces.

MDNA is a massive flop in Australia selling around 35000 copies - local bands sell more records

Her best bet is to do a tour in a couple of years and focus on the hits or just don't tour at all and tell Guy and LN to shut the fuck up.

Just hold your horses guys.

ah I know you don't know anything we don't buddy but thanks for trying to keep us looking forward to a tour but to be fair it won't happen any time soon :(

I think if they announce a tour, it would just be a mess. The Aussie fan base is pissed off, casual fans called her names on Twitter, radio and newspapers went against her and slammed the album's 3 week appearance in the chart and lack of hit singles and then let's pretend she tours, after 20 years with the set-list in it's current form, she would be torn to pieces.

MDNA is a massive flop in Australia selling around 35000 copies - local bands sell more records

Her best bet is to do a tour in a couple of years and focus on the hits or just don't tour at all and tell Guy and LN to shut the fuck up.

:thumbsup:

Sometimes I run

Sometimes I hide

Sometimes I'm scared of you

But all I really want is to hold you tight

Treat you right

Be with you day and night

Baby

All I need is time

Still no official word (not even Liz) on the subject and they act like nothing happened. It's embarrasing and pathetic. I hope this SILENCE gives them the time to think and say something about it or make a final decision, like tour in Australia at the end.

I've been running through possibilities in my brain and it seems likely that one of two things could happen (and be the reason for the NO talk at all about Australia being off now)...

1. Madonna will do an extension of this tour in 2013 and Australia might be on it. If this has even the potential of happening, I am sure the dancers would be tweeting about it eventually. It could be that they do not want to address it until later in the year, and realize a furor has already happened for canceling any plans in January, so they'd rather wait until they know for sure.

2. Madonna recognizes that MDNA is a flop (relatively speaking) and would rather end the tour as planned, start work on a new album shortly thereafter and perhaps include Australia on the next tour.

I remember when American Life flopped, Madonna toured that record and then two months after that tour finished, she was in the studio working on Confessions. Maybe she thinks that 2015-16 is too long to be missing from the public eye after such a disappointment.

I know both are long shots, but there really has to be an explanation for the Australia leg being a GO during the Barcelona stops, and then completely OFF two weeks later.

Oddly enough, "The Immaculate Collection" enters the official ARIA Catalogue chart this week for the very first time at #33. It's on sale for $6.99 at JB Hi Fi (along with dozens of other albums), but even when it's been on sale in the past, it hasn't entered the charts. The stock they have is new (it was stickered "07 12" at the store I visited today), as were the copies of LAV and the "Celebration" 1CD that were also on sale for $6.99. The 2CD version was $13, which is the cheapest I've ever seen it. The country might "hate" Madonna, but people are still willing to buy her music....

Coincidentally, I was walking through a shopping centre car park today and walked past a car full of "youngsters" (the driver was a red P-plater :)). At the tops of their voices, they were singing LAV.... :) I don't know whether they had the radio on or whether it was a CD, but the point is, they knew the song and they had no qualms about singing it.

Maybe they are going retro like me - I've listened to M only from 1983-1993 the past two weeks just to remind myself of why I love her so much after being so disappointed by her for the first time ever.

My eBay purchases are all focused on the LAP and Erotica eras at the moment too, just picking up stuff I want

To the Aussie fans saying they're gonna burn her merchandise — mnation09 (?) who had the autographed SEX book— just sell that stuff and use the money to see M in South America. You get the show, a little holiday, and that's better than a pile of ash. Don't be selling any cars though, that's just stupid.

I never said I was gonna burn her merchandise.. I haven't got anything to burn, I've never been a collector, don't have a copy of SEX.. I've bought all her CD's and singles when they were released.. that's it.

I know I was upset the day the news broke but jeesh.. I wasn't the only one

Maybe they are going retro like me - I've listened to M only from 1983-1993 the past two weeks just to remind myself of why I love her so much after being so disappointed by her for the first time ever.

My eBay purchases are all focused on the LAP and Erotica eras at the moment too, just picking up stuff I want

Matt - to a 17/18 year old, "Hung Up" is retro!! LAV was released 10/11 years before they were born, so it would have been like someone of my vintage singing something from the early 60s in the late 80s/early 90s. The point is that what might be "retro" to you is downright archaic to a teenager :)

mnation09 - someone who was just as upset as you were was posting in here about getting rid of their signed copy of "Sex" (Matt offered to buy it). I'm guessing that Sloane thought it might be you, since, to be fair, you were one of the most vocal in the early days. I don't think he meant anything personal by it, though.

Some overseas collectors are rubbing their hands together with glee at the thought of disgruntled Aussies selling their collections. EIL sells the limited edition gold versions of TIC and E for well over $100 each, although they certainly wouldn't give a seller that much for them.

mnation09 - someone who was just as upset as you were was posting in here about getting rid of their signed copy of "Sex" (Matt offered to buy it). I'm guessing that Sloane thought it might be you, since, to be fair, you were one of the most vocal in the early days. I don't think he meant anything personal by it, though.

Some overseas collectors are rubbing their hands together with glee at the thought of disgruntled Aussies selling their collections. EIL sells the limited edition gold versions of TIC and E for well over $100 each, although they certainly wouldn't give a seller that much for them.

yeah it's all good, i wasn't upset about it, just wanted to say it wasn't me who said that

that's cool about the kids you heard singing to LAV.. when I was growing up, even tho the music of the time was so good, I still had respect for the classics and I'm sure I would like Madonna if I was a teenager now, she's a lot cooler than Cher or Tina Turner!

Ah I've been watching eBay and Aussie's are not selling their collections, if people are stupid enough to sell, I'll take advantage of the situation and re-sell their items at a later date for a high price

I'll never sell my stuff even if she attacked me on twitter lol

Guest bluejean

Lucky I saved money for this tour, I'll be able to afford the MDNA Tour Bluray PLUS The Girlie Show Bluray and maybe even some online overpriced bootlegs. Really spoiling myself this tour. Might even order a poster or a lithogram from Madonna.com

I plan on buying a Madonna cardboard cut out, putting it in my living room, playing MDNA and flicking the lights on and off rapidly while bopping. You know, like how a show would be.