Madonna scraps plan to tour Australia!

Camacho

Yeah, keep lowering yourself... You said i'm pathetic? But i'm not the one saying childish insults and acting as if i only discovered that Madonna is not the angel you thought she was before she cancelled the Aussie leg...

You know it's funny, i'm a 23 year old fan who really discovered her only 2 years ago but i'm more informed about her than you, the "fan" since apparently 20 years.

are you serious?

It could very well be that the Madonna camp is playing hardball with the aussie promoters in order to get more money. Maybe they'll go back to the negotiation table in a few weeks.

Madonna loves money I find it plausible that this is not a definite cancellation.

Guest bluejean

It could very well be that the Madonna camp is playing hardball with the aussie promoters in order to get more money. Maybe they'll go back to the negotiation table in a few weeks.

Madonna loves money I find it plausible that this is not a definite cancellation.

:lmao: Come on now.

are you serious?

Yes i'm very serious. I'm more informed about her personality than you, apparently. If you've been a fan of her since 20 years you should know what kind of woman she is. And saying stuff like "commercial bitch with no talent" just because you're angry she's not coming to Australia is not pathetic and childish maybe?

Guest bluejean

Look, she is never ever coming here. Can we just lock this thread and never speak of it again so us Australians can get on with our lives.

Yes i'm very serious. I'm more informed about her personality than you, apparently. If you've been a fan of her since 20 years you should know what kind of woman she is. And saying stuff like "commercial bitch with no talent" just because you're angry she's not coming to Australia is not pathetic and childish maybe?

i'm sorry but i'm not going to lower myself to continue this argument with you

I'm angry and I have every to be and I can say whatever I want, it's a free country

I don't think this thread should be closed. It gives a place for people to vent although some here seem to be going off the deep end a bit. :laugh:

My instinct is telling me the final 'No' came from Madonna herself. Guy gave every indication it was in the works, as did LN, and it would just result in more money in his pockets so why would he blow off such a profitable market? He didn't, she did. :(

Again, my heart goes out to the Aussie's.

I haven't seen CUBB post since the news hit... :(

What Hector had planned was amazing I hope something still comes of it.

i'm sorry but i'm not going to lower myself to continue this argument with you

I'm angry and I have every to be and I can say whatever I want, it's a free country

Yeah right... I'm done with you. Bye. You won't be missed.

Guest bluejean

I don't think this thread should be closed. It gives a place for people to vent although some here seem to be going off the deep end a bit. :laugh:

LOCK IT

my problem woudn´t be about not seing her live, but thinking about that I´m going to see her, and suddenly knowing that i´m not.I understand people being sad and ungry...but she´s still young, and you are still very young, so here or there or who knows where, you´ll see her performing.And she will blow your mind...

anyways, bad move from her team

I think it's healthy to discuss this, although as I mentioned earlier, for some, it doesn't seem to be serving any purpose. I think it would be best if the more extreme posts were ignored by everyone (no matter how inflammatory they are).

An Italian site is reporting that there were problems between Live Nation and the "local promoters", but as far as I was aware, Live Nation Australia was the "local promoter" (i.e. people like Frontier, Michael Chugg etc. weren't involved).

The Aussies have been shitty with her for the last few years so it's no surprise she can't be arsed to go down under.

I am really sorry for the Aussie members here and for her true fans in Australia with "true" being the operative word here. They do deserve the MDNA tour experience. I had the privilege of being in the pit in Florence and I can only wish that her true Aussie fans will soon have the chance to live that kind of magical experience IN Australia.

I did notice that all passes read MDNA 2012-2013, which demonstrates that the intention to extend the tour to 2013 had been there all along.

I am sure there are valid reasons.

Meanwhile let's enjoy her acoustic show live at the Olympia, which will be broadcasted for the everyone to see. It sure is a special and unexpected treat from her.

I'm so confused as to why she's so against going to Australia....

I don't think she's against Australia. Her show costs too much and unless she was going to do other shows in Asia, she probably would break even in Australia. But, I'm just speculating, what do I know? Anyway, in the end it's about business and the fact that she has seemed exhausted since the beginning of the tour. I wouldn't be surprised if she came in a 2nd leg of the tour with a differenct tracklist.

It's not your fault.

Gahhhh according to those dates I could have seen her for my birthday :( sucks so much right now. I wonder what the reason is? There must be an understandable reason for this.

I hope Tony is not dying or something but I just think that she's tired already and Australia just seems like too much for her. I don't blame her but they shoudn't have announced it. That's not fair. Or they should have had the Australian dates before the South American ones... but she's making more shows there so I can see how Live Nation would prefer to have her there instead of Australia. This is such a bummer.

I'm pissed off too. I've been in contact with Guy's office the past few months about getting some superfans into the Golden Triangle at some shows. Guy especially wanted to give CUBB a Golden Triangle upgrade to any show of his choice as a thank you for CUBB's Gang Bang image they used for Madonna's cake. I didn't tell CUBB because I wanted to make it a big surprise but didn't want to tell him till the Aussie dates were officially announced and on sale on ticketmaster. But I was positive Australia dates were gonna happen with multiple official press materials repeatedly mentioning Australia and Guy assuring Carta and whomever at MDNA concerts that she's coming to Australia. Well, now we know there's no Aussie shows happening. What a huge letdown! :thumbsdown: Miguel and I were so excited for CUBB! We were more excited for him than for ourselves seeing the show! Sorry CUBB! :( And all the other Aussie fans massively blue-balled! :thumbsdown:

:(

To the people saying this thread should be locked: NO IT SHOULD NOT. If you don't want to read Australian fans venting their anger, go to another thread.

And to the people saying it's because of the "economic situation" in Australia: our economy is very strong, one of the stongest in the world. The Australian dollar is actually worth more than the US dollar - and most currencies. We have one of the fastest growing economies in the world. It's so unfair - in the '80s and '90s people were saying she wasn't touring her because our dollar was too weak. Now our dollar is too strong. We just can't win. :(

There is NO good reason for LYING to us again and again, and saying she will come here and then pulling the plug. She should just say "I will never, EVER come to Australia - fuck off" if that's how she feels. Stop LYING to us. And you know what, this doesn't just affect Australia - I have friends in Indonesia and New Zealand who were going to come here for the shows. My Indonesian friend was going to go to Europe but didn't because Live Nation, Guy and Ticketmaster confirmed and reconfirmed that M was coming to Australia (Indonesia is next door to Australia, for the geographically challenged). Now she will miss out.

And to make it all worse she announces extra shows in Europe ON THE SAME DAY that she cancels the entire Australian leg of the tour. I just cannot believe how she has treated us. It's almost as if she deliberately tried to be as cruel and callous to her Aussie fans as she could possibly be. I am absolutely stunned and angry as all hell.

Edited by ipex

I'm so sorry for everyone in Austrialia! So dissapointing guys. Let's try to make it constructive critism though. The sudden bashing and hatred for her is so transparent. I'd probably be very pissed too and I'm sure it will take a while to get over it. Something tells me she will end up in Austrialia though. Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass and I'll probably end up wrong lol, but I have a feeling she will.

Either way, I'm really sorry for y'all. I guess we'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

I understand the frustration. Madonna has never visited my home country, Venezuela, and in order to see her live I've had to travel to other countries ever since she started touring again with DWT.

It was stupid to say she was going to Australia only to take it back afterwards.

Guest bluejean

To the people saying this thread should be locked: NO IT SHOULD NOT.

That was only me that said that and I was totally kidding

Naturally, this is a PR disaster for Madonna in Australia and New Zealand and is being widely reported by EVERY media outlet here, and so it should be - but in the last few hours it's also starting to be reported by overseas media; this is becoming a PR disaster for her on an international scale. And frankly, I'm glad. I hope this really blows up in her face!

BBC

Madonna scraps Australian tour plans

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-18886498

Billboard

Madonna Tour Skipping Australia, Again

http://www.billboard...007605752.story

E! Online

Madonna cancels Australian tour dates

http://au.eonline.co...lian-tour-dates

Rolling Stone

Madonna cancels Australian Concerts

Trek was to be pop star's first trek down under in 20 years

http://www.rollingst...ncerts-20120718

The Hollywood Reporter

Madonna Cancels Australia Tour, Adds France Gig

http://www.hollywood...our-adds-351128

Gigwise

Madonna cancels plans to take MDNA tour to Australia

http://www.gigwise.c...ur-to-australia

MTV (USA)

Madonna scraps Australia tour plans

MDNA Tour won't add any dates Down Under, and 'will end in South America in December as planned,' Live Nation announces

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1689914/madonna-australia-mdna-tour.jhtml

MTV (UK)

Madonna flashes bottom for Brits, snubs Aussies

http://www.mtv.co.uk...don-bottom-live

FemaleFirst.co.uk

Madonna cancels Australian leg of tour

http://www.femalefir...nna-247850.html

Digital Spy

Madonna cancels Australian tour

http://www.digitalsp...alian-tour.html

Euronews

Madonna makes French fans happy, Australians sad

http://www.euronews....ustralians-sad/

Edited by ipex

That was only me that said that and I was totally kidding

Sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you - I'm just really upset about this! I really like you and your posts x