Madonna scraps plan to tour Australia!

Camacho

mnation09, I understand where you're coming from, but you said six hours ago that it would be "your last post ever", and you're just getting angrier and angrier with each post. Maybe you need to listen to the sign from the universe and take a step away from the forums for a little while so that you can deal with your anger and not let it tear you apart? I don't know that continually reading and posting about the situation is actually helping you (it's helping others, though). Of course, you can do whatever you like, but I'm a little concerned for you.....

yeah i know i said that and i stand by it, but i have been a fan for over 20 years so what is a few extra posts right?

it's one thing to not like an album or photoshoot and complain about it, but i have never said a negative word about Madonna online, ever

but this is like the biggest slap in the face imaginable and it really is just the last straw for me okay, they say if you havent got anything nice to say then say nothing.. but i was taught to express not repress.. so..

Surely they could consider some kind of promo visit to Australia though as a gesture to fans?

I know it's all business business business - but given all the "promises", she could go over there in January / February and do some TV shows and a handful of little promo gigs like the Olympia one announced for next week. It wouldn't kill her to do that and there would not be huge expense / logistics involved surely?

Sorry for all the Aussie fans today. :-(

It will most likely come down to money in the end but nothing financial has changed since the announcement. I am sure we will never know. Maybe they made enough money back already to recover the losses from starting the show in Israel.

I read on the Madonna FB page that Aus radio stations are running polls whether to stop playing her music? I don't listen to the radio so can anyone confirm this?

Also I really can't think of ANY reason she could come up with as to why she had to cancel. If it was so serious to warrant her cancelling Aus then why isn't she cancelling other dates?

I'm pissed off too. I've been in contact with Guy's office the past few months about getting some superfans into the Golden Triangle at some shows. Guy especially wanted to give CUBB a Golden Triangle upgrade to any show of his choice as a thank you for CUBB's Gang Bang image they used for Madonna's cake. I didn't tell CUBB because I wanted to make it a big surprise but didn't want to tell him till the Aussie dates were officially announced and on sale on ticketmaster. But I was positive Australia dates were gonna happen with multiple official press materials repeatedly mentioning Australia and Guy assuring Carta and whomever at MDNA concerts that she's coming to Australia. Well, now we know there's no Aussie shows happening. What a huge letdown! :thumbsdown: Miguel and I were so excited for CUBB! We were more excited for him than for ourselves seeing the show! Sorry CUBB! :( And all the other Aussie fans massively blue-balled! :thumbsdown:

:o oh my god

Radio doesn't play her anyway. In fact, this whole thing proves they are also miserable cunts, only taking advantage when the moment suits.

Still furious......shed a tear just now :cries:

I'm pissed off too. I've been in contact with Guy's office the past few months about getting some superfans into the Golden Triangle at some shows. Guy especially wanted to give CUBB a Golden Triangle upgrade to any show of his choice as a thank you for CUBB's Gang Bang image they used for Madonna's cake. I didn't tell CUBB because I wanted to make it a big surprise but didn't want to tell him till the Aussie dates were officially announced and on sale on ticketmaster. But I was positive Australia dates were gonna happen with multiple official press materials repeatedly mentioning Australia and Guy assuring Carta and whomever at MDNA concerts that she's coming to Australia. Well, now we know there's no Aussie shows happening. What a huge letdown! :thumbsdown: Miguel and I were so excited for CUBB! We were more excited for him than for ourselves seeing the show! Sorry CUBB! :( And all the other Aussie fans massively blue-balled! :thumbsdown:

B2DCV.gif

I can't even, I --what a sweet thing to try to set up. What a dross situation.

Will she be buried in Australia?

I was thinking a cinema release of the concert but I'm sure if she ever does make it down under she'll be leaving in a body bag for fucking with the Aussies for so long

Oh well, Australia just had GAGA! It's almost the same :chuckle:

Anyway, i'm sure when she goes there (probably when she's 60) she will shows her down under on stage and not only the boobs to make it up for the fans!!!

Guest Madonnafan4eva

I don't know if this is related and I wasn't sure where to put it but on The Chris Moyles Show today they discussed last nights Hyde Park gig and one of the follow presenters who was there said he heard a rumour from Madonna's camp she was laying down plans for her next album already and that Avicii is being touted as the main producer.

Could this explain the reason Australia was cancelled?

I want to fly somewhere to see her but I don't know anyone who will go! I've never seen her before and I want to absorb as much of her as I can while she is still working. I think i'll regret not going to see this tour..

I don't know if this is related and I wasn't sure where to put it but on The Chris Moyles Show today they discussed last nights Hyde Park gig and one of the follow presenters who was there said he heard a rumour from Madonna's camp she was laying down plans for her next album already and that Avicii is being touted as the main producer.

Could this explain the reason Australia was cancelled?

So soon? She didn't bother promoting MDNA properly. I don't know about Avicii being her main producer. :( I don't get how she can make such a sudden decision to cancel the Australian leg over night. Just a week or so ago, the Oz leg was still on it seems. It doesn't make sense, especially if venues were booked and fines/fees have to be dealt with as a result of the cancellations.

Guest bluejean

The thing I hate about this and always have hated about it everytime its happened (5 times now) is that they always string us along and make us think its going to happen making it impossible for us to know whether we need to travel to see the show elsewhere. I could quite possibly go and see her in New York in September or November but GOOD LUCK to me getting a GOOD ticket for any of those shows now they've been on sale for ages. Its not worth paying $1500 for a plane ticket to watch a concert from the nose bleeds.

The thing I hate about this and always have hated about it everytime its happened (5 times now) is that they always string us along and make us think its going to happen making it impossible for us to know whether we need to travel to see the show elsewhere. I could quite possibly go and see her in New York in September or November but GOOD LUCK to me getting a GOOD ticket for any of those shows now they've been on sale for ages. Its not worth paying $1500 for a plane ticket to watch a concert from the nose bleeds.

Well said.

Carly - I travelled by myself to see her (and have done for two other tours) and I was fine. Madonna fans worldwide are extremely friendly. I'll PM you with some tips etc. If you've got the resources to do it, I think you should....

I want to fly somewhere to see her but I don't know anyone who will go! I've never seen her before and I want to absorb as much of her as I can while she is still working. I think i'll regret not going to see this tour..

If you can afford it then by all means you should go! I'd say the US would be your best bet. The exchange rate is great and you can always try meet up with some of the posters from the board.

Is one of the US dates viable for you? You can hit NY & try for 2 nights at Yankee Stadium (or a night in Boston in an arena & one at Yankee Stadium)? Maybe you can crash with someone one of the M boards. There are probably lots of fans in the area. You can also maybe go with another Oz fan on the fan sites? I hope you get to see her.

Guest Madonnafan4eva

So soon? She didn't bother promoting MDNA properly. I don't know about Avicii being her main producer. :( I don't get how she can make sure a sudden decision to cancel the Australian leg over night. Just a week or so ago, the Oz leg was still on. It doesn't make sense, especially if venues were booked and fines/fees have to be dealt with as a result of the cancellations.

pay attention to his post count..

You can listen to the show here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chrismoyles/

Thanks for the advice guys. But there is no way I'm going overseas by myself. I'm a 21-year-old big baby :rotfl: