EDINBURGH - July 21st (12:51 stans for Scotland & his mom, throws chancla)

Ai Papi Si.

I could definitely see her coming back to Scotland.

My first Madonna gig. I will NEVER forget that feeling just before the show when the blacked out BMW pulled up alongside the stage and Madonna got out. The whole left side of the stadium went MENTAL. Such a euphoric feeling.

The first video I got of the opening has me talking all over it and it's really shaking because I was that excited haha.

it was an amazing gig! the venue was really full, the crowd were having a great time..i can't believe the negative bullshit people spin on here sometimes!

i'm a bit annoyed that it wasn't a full set but i don't mind cos i got to watch the soundcheck as a bonus. highlights for me were the stunning opening, express yourself, open your heart, turn up the radio and i'm a sinner, which has become my new favourite on mdna over the past few weeks.

her body is incredible! she looks so much healthier than during the tracey anderson years

on a side note..edinburgh is a stunning city and the people are so friendly. i can't recommend it enough if you fancy a good city break

Oh u Mami looks so beautiful and young Migo! And that crowd looks just fine although it was actually a while before showtime as I see that useless alesso is still on in the background.

I honestly don't know how my mom does it, she's never even had any plastic surgery or anything. That's why Madonna's age has never meant anything to me, I have a mom who is still youthful and full of life and has always taken care of herself. So Madonna's attitude seems natural to me :)

My whole family looks really young, my dad is pushing 60 and he looks like he's in his 40s. But my dad is a former college athlete and my mom is a former ballerina, but they continue to work out on the daily, so I think that's the secret tbh. Never being unfit :thumbsup:

she, 12,69 mother, remind me of an actress, but in this moment i dont' recall who precisely. very beautiful

any other random mother's speeches? i'd enjoy a lot a thread in the lounge!!! :popcorn2:

Guest Fukujima

OMG what a beautiful woman your mom is! gorgeous! she reminds me a bit of Dalida, but she is obviously more beautiful :gent:

Your mami is stun gorg! She's got Bardot and Raquel Welch in her. I can see where you get your good looks from!

Guest Feversteamgirl

Hello folks, as you'll see from my post count, I'm new to the forum - please be gentle!

Btw, wish I could take my mum to a Madonna concert but I think she'd probably drive me nuts just on the journey to the stadium!

I was inspired to register after seeing the post about the Murrayfield gig and I really wanted to find out what other fans thought of it.

I'll start by saying that I'm a huge fan (why register on the forum otherwise!) and have been for about twenty years (god I feel old now!) - more than half my life. I was really looking forward to the concert. Hyde Park would have been the closest gig to me, but in a moment of madness, I decided to book Murrayfield tickets to combine the concert with a weekend in Edinburgh (which by the way is amazing, my new favourite city). I booked seats in the stand since I was going with my hubby who is not a massive fan but goes to Madonna concerts to keep me company - he would hate to stand all night in the GA area.

We ended up in W28 which were the best seats I could get (forgot to check websites closer to the concert date, my bad). I hate to say this and it pains me to write, but the concert was exactly as Jimmy Mack described it. People WERE leaving, the GA area did not look full (but understand "elf and safety" wise it could have been), the sound was disgraceful. Truly, honestly, awful.

Was the concert any good? Was Madonna good? I honestly couldn't say. I knew the view would be pretty poor but was willing to sacrifice the view for the stadium atmosphere (can concur the crowd went CRAZY when the limo pulled up), I was in GA for the Girlie Show at Wembley and it was immense - I was really excited about going to Murrayfield. I wouldn't have been bothered about the view if only I could have actually made out what she was singing. She was nearly a minute into Masterpiece before I worked out what song it was! I could only hear the bassline and then about every 10 words that she was singing. I couldn't make out a single word that she said when she spoke to the crowd and I wasn't the only one. I complained to the steward and asked to move, he told me he had been inundated with complaints about the sound and suggested we move to the south stands (at the back!), I told him to poke it!

The whole of the block we were in was sitting for the entire show - and i don't blame them because what's the point in getting up to dance when you can't hear the music! We saw lots of people leaving after the first few songs. We thought they were leaving although I don't doubt that many of them were trying to find better seats - the GA area certainly seemed fuller at the end of the concert than at the beginning! However, we did hear that people had left the stadium completely - some latecomers told us that they'd seen people leaving. I even contemplated it myself because I was so disappointed and upset. We ended up standing by the stairs - even going down 10 steps made the world of difference to the sound quality (though it still wasn't great). The steward threatened to call the police to move us off but I think he gave up in the end.

The two missing songs just made the concert as a whole feel rushed and there was an air of bemusement when it finished, folks were expecting more - why the costume change for only one song? It felt really short and as a result i think a lot of people felt short changed.

Murrayfield itself was a bit of a rubbish venue - getting back to the city centre was a nightmare with hoardes of (suprisingly well behaved) people, walking the 5km back into town.

I guess I've been spoilt seat-wise with the other Madonna concerts I've been to - I've been right up at the front of the stage and catwalks for Confessions and RIT.

Still, Edinburgh was lovely. But next time, I think I'll stick to an arena where the sound is more reliable. I'm just really disappointed as it was my one chance to see the MDNA tour and I feel like it was a bit of a let down. To be fair to Madonna though, my experience would have been wildly different in a different venue, a different seat with better sound.

Not that it matters so much any more, but here are the photos I tried to post earlier. (Hopefully have more luck with Photobucket!) Top one shows the crowd about ten mins before she came on.

I concur about your mother, 12:51. Smokin'!

MadgeEdinburgh.jpg

We ended up in W28 which were the best seats I could get (forgot to check websites closer to the concert date, my bad). I hate to say this and it pains me to write, but the concert was exactly as Jimmy Mack described it. People WERE leaving, the GA area did not look full (but understand "elf and safety" wise it could have been), the sound was disgraceful. Truly, honestly, awful.

So many people have been complaining that "Madonna was rubbish", when a lot of the complaints were technical. It's really annoying that there's this perception about the show in this city.

It definitely seems to have been a concert of two experiences - all of the people I spoke to who were near the front or had decent seats had a ball. Ones in less fortunate seats have done nothing but complain, but your experience is exactly as my friends who left described it.

Can't believe the steward was threatening to call the police. What a little shit!

Am delighted you enjoyed Edinburgh so much, however. Do come again. :smile:

Hello folks, as you'll see from my post count, I'm new to the forum - please be gentle!

Btw, wish I could take my mum to a Madonna concert but I think she'd probably drive me nuts just on the journey to the stadium!

I was inspired to register after seeing the post about the Murrayfield gig and I really wanted to find out what other fans thought of it.

I'll start by saying that I'm a huge fan (why register on the forum otherwise!) and have been for about twenty years (god I feel old now!) - more than half my life. I was really looking forward to the concert. Hyde Park would have been the closest gig to me, but in a moment of madness, I decided to book Murrayfield tickets to combine the concert with a weekend in Edinburgh (which by the way is amazing, my new favourite city). I booked seats in the stand since I was going with my hubby who is not a massive fan but goes to Madonna concerts to keep me company - he would hate to stand all night in the GA area.

Was the concert any good? Was Madonna good? I honestly couldn't say. I knew the view would be pretty poor but was willing to sacrifice the view for the stadium atmosphere (can concur the crowd went CRAZY when the limo pulled up), I was in GA for the Girlie Show at Wembley and it was immense - I was really excited about going to Murrayfield. I wouldn't have been bothered about the view if only I could have actually made out what she was singing. She was nearly a minute into Masterpiece before I worked out what song it was! I could only hear the bassline and then about every 10 words that she was singing. I couldn't make out a single word that she said when she spoke to the crowd and I wasn't the only one. I complained to the steward and asked to move, he told me he had been inundated with complaints about the sound and suggested we move to the south stands (at the back!), I told him to poke it!

The whole of the block we were in was sitting for the entire show - and i don't blame them because what's the point in getting up to dance when you can't hear the music! We saw lots of people leaving after the first few songs. We thought they were leaving although I don't doubt that many of them were trying to find better seats - the GA area certainly seemed fuller at the end of the concert than at the beginning! However, we did hear that people had left the stadium completely - some latecomers told us that they'd seen people leaving. I even contemplated it myself because I was so disappointed and upset. We ended up standing by the stairs - even going down 10 steps made the world of difference to the sound quality (though it still wasn't great). The steward threatened to call the police to move us off but I think he gave up in the end.

The two missing songs just made the concert as a whole feel rushed and there was an air of bemusement when it finished, folks were expecting more - why the costume change for only one song? It felt really short and as a result i think a lot of people felt short changed.

Murrayfield itself was a bit of a rubbish venue - getting back to the city centre was a nightmare with hoardes of (suprisingly well behaved) people, walking the 5km back into town.

I guess I've been spoilt seat-wise with the other Madonna concerts I've been to - I've been right up at the front of the stage and catwalks for Confessions and RIT.

Still, Edinburgh was lovely. But next time, I think I'll stick to an arena where the sound is more reliable. I'm just really disappointed as it was my one chance to see the MDNA tour and I feel like it was a bit of a let down. To be fair to Madonna though, my experience would have been wildly different in a different venue, a different seat with better sound.

I had the same problem at S&S tour. In our case, the sound was so bad because some speakers blew so we couldn't hear either and the seat had an awful view of the stage. I complained to Live Nation and in the end I got my money back as so many others complained too. Might be worth a try?

im still baffled why Madonna gets all the blame of poor sound, low sound, blocked view, rain, loud sound, mud, grazy people, silent people..