"Turn Up The Radio" Video Premiere

alquemist

The TUTR video is fine for what it is- and is more than most probably expected. Better than "Celebration." And while "Jump" is a stronger track, the video probably would rate lesser than TUTR.

The driver is one of her dancers. He also appeared in the I Wanna Go vee-dee-oh.

Yeah, that's Adrien Galo.

538260_10151788399875621_358003335620_24541766_956298234_n.jpg

He was also at the Super Bowl:

adrien-galo-and-madonna-gallery.jpg

And while "Jump" is a stronger track, the video probably would rate lesser than TUTR.

I know this is purely matters of opinion, but I think I liked the fact that "Jump" had better editing in that the action matched the kinetic velocity of the song, and it seemed a little more exotic with the Japanese backdrop and "Mello" character that Madonna was playing. I know it is much hated here though.

"TUTR" definitely has sort of a 60's Euro-summer fun vibe. To me, the whole thing could just be her going down the highway in that car - riding the windshield - and I'd still dig it. She looks gorgeous.

Guest Pud Whacker

what does Mona from Pomona think about Turn Up The Radio? lets read her "thoughts" on YouTube between her bites of dorritos and slugging back a 2 liter pepsi.

NOT!!!

MADONNA: The Third Videos Collection

1. Lucky Star

2. Crazy for You

3. True Blue

4. Cherish

5. Bad Girl

6. Bedtime Story

7. Drowned World/Substitute for Love

8. What it Feels Like for a Girl

9. Hollywood

10. Get Together

11. Miles Away

12. Turn up the Radio

I think Lucky Star was the fourth video recorded. It was filmed very late on owing to the success of the album. Borderline was the third video. The US singles for that album were different to the UK with Lucky Star the fifth single to be released.

Also, didn't someone say in the True Blue history thread that Open Your Heart video was recorded earlier than True Blue but released after?

Just being anal fan!

Guest Pud Whacker

yes these videos are all wrong.

1st album:

everybody

burning up

borderline

lucky star

virgin:

like a virgin

material girl

dress you up

(into the groove) was NOT recorded for virgin, added for UK version later.

:(

Ugly parts at 03:07, 03:15, 04:12, 4:16 horribly show the film equipments and crew! How could Tom Munro allow these to be seen?

:-?

screenshots at http://mymonumentali...video.html#more

I think you're missing the point of the video. She's meant to look a bit perturbed and annoyed by the paparazzi...she's meant to be diva-ish...that's why she's urging us to 'Turn Up The Radio' to leave the world she has created for herself behind to just enjoy the good times...to have freedom and escape. The scenes including the equipment and the crew are deliberately there to create realism...the point of the video is to contrast her reality with the fantasy of escapism...the humdrum with liberation. That's why at the end of the video the chauffeur makes his comment which brings her crashing back to the safety belt and the bondage of her reality. It's the same creation of constructed realism we see in tv shows like Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Big Brother, etc.

I think you're missing the point of the video. She's meant to look a bit perturbed and annoyed by the paparazzi...she's meant to be diva-ish...that's why she's urging us to 'Turn Up The Radio' to leave the world she has created for herself behind to just enjoy the good times...to have freedom and escape. The scenes including the equipment and the crew are deliberately there to create realism...the point of the video is to contrast her reality with the fantasy of escapism...the humdrum with liberation. That's why at the end of the video the chauffeur makes his comment which brings her crashing back to the safety belt and the bondage of her reality. It's the same creation of constructed realism we see in tv shows like Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Big Brother, etc.

:thumbsup:

The TUTR video is fine for what it is- and is more than most probably expected. Better than "Celebration." And while "Jump" is a stronger track, the video probably would rate lesser than TUTR.

YES, WE LOVE OUTDOORSDONNA!!!

Ok, so now I love this video. My favorite part - when she's standing on the back seat while the car is driving down the country road.

Just watched it today. It's a nice video for summer. Hope it gets played a lot. btw, i was wondering how many ppl they can put in that car! :lol:

the driver is cute!

At every play I love it more!

It might end up as my favorite video from this era! She looks amazing! If turns out to be a hit, this look can be as iconic as the leotard!

Love all the gifs! Love it when they drive up the the 3 guys on the side of the road and the close up on Brahim, very

JLo of her in I'm real video where they kept doing close ups of Chris Judd was that his name?

Guest bluejean

I watched the video again today. Not a bad little video really, I think I like it better than GGW. (Although I was one of the few who were never wild, no pun intended about that video.)