It's Brussels Bitch! REVIEWS POSITIVE!

acko

Postedvy dj on Tribe

Hi all

Just got back to my hotel after a FANTASTIC show. It was my 7th MDNA and my 1st in a stadium - I was really quite anxious about it because 1) I much prefer an arena to an outdoor setting, and 2) bad memories of the Werchter experience last year.

But how wrong I was!

First of all, the organisation was great, I was really impressed. There were completely separate entrances for Early Entry, Gold Circle, and Regular standing. Everything was clearly indicated and signposted.

I rolled up to the Gold Circle queue at 5pm and it looked like they had just started letting people in.

It seemed to take a lifetime for the queue to move, during which time we heard (from the outisde of the stadium) M soundcheck Revolver, Hung Up and Express Yourself.

Finally got in and managed to make it right to the tip of the catwalk, M satyed out for a further 40-45 minutes and soundchecked I'm Addicted, I'm A Sinner, Celebration and TUTR.

She asked us not to smoke later on during the show, said we had done a really good soundcheck, but that she wanted us to be a thousand times better later. "Are you going to sing? Are you going to dance? Are you going to take your shirts off?" To which some dude in the triangle shouted something back at her, so she went over to have a chat with him, asked him if he was going to take his shirt off and then asked why he had so many muscles. He replied by quoting the rap of American Life! She was v impressed and had us all chant it with her.

Weather was great throughout the soundcheck, but around 9pm the rain started. Fortunately it was only a really light drizzle to start with. She came on at 10.15pm and the rain started to get a bit heavier...

First section was great as usual (I actually think this might be my favourite section).

She started Express Yourself with "rain rain go away..." just before "come on girls..."

When she introduced Kalakan Trio she said that she met them on holiday in Biarritz last year "where it wasn't raining by the way..."

Before Masterpiece she said that it didn't matter that it was raining and that we would all have a great time anyway, as long as we didn't mind if her hair got all messy. Someone in the triangle shouted that he did mind, to which she replied "you haven't even got any hair so fuck you" (in a very jokey way - she wasn't pissed off - yet...)

She then introduced Masterpiece as a song about "love, breakups, the 2 often go together, lust, birth, rebirth, admiration, sex..." and a whole host of other adjectives that I can't remember now...

For Like A Virgin she didn't seem too happy to be in her underwear in the pouring rain. She said something like "I'm really not happy about this, I already have a cold". A couple of clowns (from the JML sequence) came out with umbrellas, one over M and one over the piano, but M very clearly told her one to go away, and she held her own umbrella. Not sure how she managed to writhe around the stage with a mic in one hand and umbrella in the other, but she did!

As I'm Addicted started, the end stage didn't rise up, and M sang the first 2 lines from underneath the stage. People looked a bit bewildered as to what was going on but - phew - she eventually came onto the stage, but spent the rest of that song looking INCREDIBLY pissed off.

Fortuntaley she was back to all happy smiles again for I'm A Sinner and the rest of the last segment.

She had the umbrella with her again for the catwalk part of Like A Prayer.

So despite having reservations, I really really enjoyed my first MDNA stadium show. She was generally very happy, chatty and smiley (apart from the LAV and IA incidents).

As stupid as it sounds, I noticed sooo many more things that I hadn't noticed in arenas - things on the screens, lights, lasers, dancers, etc etc.

Having said that, I'm not sure that I would have enjoyed it from anywhere else other than the Gold Circle. The stadium setting is just SOOOO big - I'm sure the Gold Circle alone was bigger than the entire Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam!

Right, I'm off to bed. Will try and post some pics tomorrow.

Oh, and from where I was standing, the seated parts looked pretty much full (apart from the seats at the very sides which I'm not even sure will have been put on sale). I couldn't tell if the GC/General standing was full though cos I'm only a shortarse.

Crowd was great too - much better than what I remember from Werchter.

Omg I hope someone is recording this mix! It's breathtaking, I haven't stopped dancing, I'm sober and I'm all out of energy but I'm not stopping til it ends!

damn damn damn i told you. I'm pissed off i went to bed letting the recording of the streaming on all night and now i see it stopped after 30 min of recording (don't know why) so i only have the 15 first minutes of the megamix.

damn damn damn i told you. I'm pissed off i went to bed letting the recording of the streaming on all night and now i see it stopped after 30 min of recording (don't know why) so i only have the 15 first minutes of the megamix.

Damn it was so good! I think someone on Facebook recorded it. He commented on myMDNA's status about the radio contact event...a Robert Peterson or something...I'll keep you posted if he responds to me.

The show was good... Audience was horrible though... They came alive with Like a prayed but before that it was only the first few rows that bothered to show some excitement

We were standing a bit in the back on the side... there was soo much room to dance and have fun, no que's for drinks and tickets and toliet.. so it was a good spot. That's the positive of a concert that didn't sell so well...

Appearantly 12,000 were given out free... by competitions, and to companies... guess that's why the audience looked like they came straight from a health environment congress... I'm sure the ones in the Golden circle experienced it totally different but in the back it was like being at a funeral at some points... They got annoyed the few of us were dancing and having fun...

The rain was ok... was not poring down, but it did rain the whole concert... It was like she waited for the rain to start (show started way after 10)

It was a great show... but i wonder how many tickets actually were sold... there might have been 30.000 people there so a little under 20.000?

The show was good... Audience was horrible though... They came alive with Like a prayed but before that it was only the first few rows that bothered to show some excitement

We were standing a bit in the back on the side... there was soo much room to dance and have fun, no que's for drinks and tickets and toliet.. so it was a good spot. That's the positive of a concert that didn't sell so well...

Appearantly 12,000 were given out free... by competitions, and to companies... guess that's why the audience looked like they came straight from a health environment congress... I'm sure the ones in the Golden circle experienced it totally different but in the back it was like being at a funeral at some points... They got annoyed the few of us were dancing and having fun...

The rain was ok... was not poring down, but it did rain the whole concert... It was like she waited for the rain to start (show started way after 10)

It was a great show... but i wonder how many tickets actually were sold... there might have been 30.000 people there so a little under 20.000?

35,000 sold and a few giving away by contests etc. in april live nation confirmed that she sold 30,000 tickets for that show.

but that 12,000 is a lie. where did you hear that bullshit?

to me the stadium looked full. there were only two blocks empty but i think they were not sold because it had blocked view by the mixing desk a and b.

audience was horrible though. seemed like they didnt even know the last cd at all. there were two girls asking if they were in the golden circle, but i noticed they had orange wristbands and not blue (gc), so they were permitted acces to the golden triangle.....they even know and seem to care "oh should we go there, okay"....whatever.

the rain made it a special show and m was funny as hell.. thats why i love her her humour.

i also saw an ex there who at the time didnt understand why i was so into that old madonna and now he's in the golden circle.....funny. madonna wins all the fags over ;).

35,000 sold and a few giving away by contests etc. in april live nation confirmed that she sold 30,000 tickets for that show.

but that 12,000 is a lie. where did you hear that bullshit?

a guy responsible for PR tickets for this show. There were so many give aways that it really was way more then 3000

In June they were afraid the show was gonna be half full, so 30000 tickets sold in April has to be over exaggerated

Last saterday (where i won another set of tickets) they gave out a few hundred tickets alone...

FB was really funny last week with everyone winning tickets left and right....

to me the stadium looked full. there were only two blocks empty but i think they were not sold because it had blocked view by the mixing desk a and b.

audience was horrible though. seemed like they didnt even know the last cd at all. there were two girls asking if they were in the golden circle, but i noticed they had orange wristbands and not blue (gc), so they were permitted acces to the golden triangle.....they even know and seem to care "oh should we go there, okay"....whatever.

the rain made it a special show and m was funny as hell.. thats why i love her her humour.

i also saw an ex there who at the time didnt understand why i was so into that old madonna and now he's in the golden circle.....funny. madonna wins all the fags over ;).

the empty seats blocks u saw were the €150 tickets seats.

But the rain did make it extra special....

a guy responsible for PR tickets for this show. There were so many give aways that it really was way more then 3000

In June they were afraid the show was gonna be half full, so 30000 tickets sold in April has to be over exaggerated

Last saterday (where i won another set of tickets) they gave out a few hundred tickets alone...

FB was really funny last week with everyone winning tickets left and right....

Stop talking like you know it all.

The boxscore will speack soon......

12.000 tickets given away .....looks like a giant Bullshit to me.

Again the drama queen rules ....dear God Madonna fans are the WORST OF THE WORST!

of course they gave away a lot of tickets, but 12,000? if that were the case it would've been all over the media here..

they handed out thousands of free tickets at the door for Prince at werchter 2 years ago and that really didn't make the news...

they handed out thousands of free tickets at the door for Prince at werchter 2 years ago and that really didn't make the news...

prince rarely gets bad press here though ;)

prince rarely gets bad press here though ;)

lol... true

but there were probably close to 30000 tickets sold in the end...

if 12000 tickets were given away and 1/3th actually showed up... That would make 4000 people there with free tickets...

A lot of the free tickets were handed out a week before the show... i know lots of my friends who got tickets but either were on holiday or already had plans or just didn't bother to go.

so when you think of it... he was probably right... and tickets sales were probably around 30000

Postedvy dj on Tribe

Hi all

Just got back to my hotel after a FANTASTIC show. It was my 7th MDNA and my 1st in a stadium - I was really quite anxious about it because 1) I much prefer an arena to an outdoor setting, and 2) bad memories of the Werchter experience last year.

But how wrong I was!

First of all, the organisation was great, I was really impressed. There were completely separate entrances for Early Entry, Gold Circle, and Regular standing. Everything was clearly indicated and signposted.

I rolled up to the Gold Circle queue at 5pm and it looked like they had just started letting people in.

It seemed to take a lifetime for the queue to move, during which time we heard (from the outisde of the stadium) M soundcheck Revolver, Hung Up and Express Yourself.

Finally got in and managed to make it right to the tip of the catwalk, M satyed out for a further 40-45 minutes and soundchecked I'm Addicted, I'm A Sinner, Celebration and TUTR.

She asked us not to smoke later on during the show, said we had done a really good soundcheck, but that she wanted us to be a thousand times better later. "Are you going to sing? Are you going to dance? Are you going to take your shirts off?" To which some dude in the triangle shouted something back at her, so she went over to have a chat with him, asked him if he was going to take his shirt off and then asked why he had so many muscles. He replied by quoting the rap of American Life! She was v impressed and had us all chant it with her.

Weather was great throughout the soundcheck, but around 9pm the rain started. Fortunately it was only a really light drizzle to start with. She came on at 10.15pm and the rain started to get a bit heavier...

First section was great as usual (I actually think this might be my favourite section).

She started Express Yourself with "rain rain go away..." just before "come on girls..."

When she introduced Kalakan Trio she said that she met them on holiday in Biarritz last year "where it wasn't raining by the way..."

Before Masterpiece she said that it didn't matter that it was raining and that we would all have a great time anyway, as long as we didn't mind if her hair got all messy. Someone in the triangle shouted that he did mind, to which she replied "you haven't even got any hair so fuck you" (in a very jokey way - she wasn't pissed off - yet...)

She then introduced Masterpiece as a song about "love, breakups, the 2 often go together, lust, birth, rebirth, admiration, sex..." and a whole host of other adjectives that I can't remember now...

For Like A Virgin she didn't seem too happy to be in her underwear in the pouring rain. She said something like "I'm really not happy about this, I already have a cold". A couple of clowns (from the JML sequence) came out with umbrellas, one over M and one over the piano, but M very clearly told her one to go away, and she held her own umbrella. Not sure how she managed to writhe around the stage with a mic in one hand and umbrella in the other, but she did!

As I'm Addicted started, the end stage didn't rise up, and M sang the first 2 lines from underneath the stage. People looked a bit bewildered as to what was going on but - phew - she eventually came onto the stage, but spent the rest of that song looking INCREDIBLY pissed off.

Fortuntaley she was back to all happy smiles again for I'm A Sinner and the rest of the last segment.

She had the umbrella with her again for the catwalk part of Like A Prayer.

So despite having reservations, I really really enjoyed my first MDNA stadium show. She was generally very happy, chatty and smiley (apart from the LAV and IA incidents).

As stupid as it sounds, I noticed sooo many more things that I hadn't noticed in arenas - things on the screens, lights, lasers, dancers, etc etc.

Having said that, I'm not sure that I would have enjoyed it from anywhere else other than the Gold Circle. The stadium setting is just SOOOO big - I'm sure the Gold Circle alone was bigger than the entire Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam!

Right, I'm off to bed. Will try and post some pics tomorrow.

Oh, and from where I was standing, the seated parts looked pretty much full (apart from the seats at the very sides which I'm not even sure will have been put on sale). I couldn't tell if the GC/General standing was full though cos I'm only a shortarse.

Crowd was great too - much better than what I remember from Werchter.

This . Bravo . I thought she said she was afraid to get a cold or something.

Here TV says 37.000 tickets sold + give aways ( radio, competitions .) so it is the same average as the other stadiums shows in Europe. Probably will be reported as sold out

Truly an amazing shot! Sent it to Guy O?