Billboard Boxscore Thread: MDNA Tour grosses $232.9 million so far

MadFan

Guest pedrohdi

Very impressive indeed, and with high ticket prices and a shitty economy here in Europe! But I still don´t think it will break S&S, and without australia...

I believe that in the end..Livenation is correct in estimating that it will gross only upto 350 million dollars..

She will break her Sticky & Sweet record.

Madonna INC. know what they are doing even the media is saying she will break her own record. Very impressive in this market(Europe struggling financially)!

You do realize these were S&S's numbers for London and Paris last time, right?

Wembley Stadium London

73,349 / 73,349 (100%) 1 show

$11,796,540

Stade de France Paris

138,163 / 138,163 (100%) 2 shows

$17,583,211

She will not be breaking S&S's record this time out. Unless by some miracle the North American and South American shows compensate for the lower figures.

She could still have the biggest tour for this year based on the sales climate.

Madonna INC. know what they are doing even the media is saying she will break her own record. Very impressive in this market(Europe struggling financially)!

:thumbsup:

Of course she will. As usual. Wait for massive $$ numbers coming from her 43 North American gigs and good numbers from her SA ones. Not to mention that there's a dozen European shows still to go. To think that she's doing this at a moment when Europe is hurting the hardest for a good 10 years is just in itself outstanding, breaking her own record in the end or not. She will surely eclipse any other act for the current year touring wise. And poor Madonna also landed a top 5 album best-seller.

"How dares she not promote? It must be Guy's fault/decision, let's have a go at Guy"

FLOP ERA

Not if the tour ends in December.

She will be 2nd to Sticky though.

You do realize these were S&S's numbers for London and Paris last time, right?

Wembley Stadium London

73,349 / 73,349 (100%) 1 show

$11,796,540

Stade de France Paris

138,163 / 138,163 (100%) 2 shows

$17,583,211

She will not be breaking S&S's record this time out. Unless by some miracle the North American and South American shows compensate for the lower figures.

She could still have the biggest tour for this year based on the sales climate.

It's all relative. It depends on what the final configuration is going to look like.

The prices in those 43 NA markets alone are absurd.

Very impressive in this market(Europe struggling financially)!

This is absolutely the most impressive issue. Some could ask, Which crisis?

Now somebody please send this numbers to the daily mail, the roger friedman, the little monsters, the piers morgans, etc. whether they are not as impressive as S&S they still are pretty solid.

HAHAHA! TAKE THAT, CUNTS!! :lmao:

God, I love being right... doesn't happen often that I can truly throw my chancla, so let me relish this RIGHT NOW! :fag: I'm stanning for Scotland and my mami!

Hahahaha yes

Besides Nightshade take the Stade De France gig alone. In 2008 2 gigs totalled at 138,000 in attendance BUT there were in fact 2 gigs (so if you multiply this year's (62,000) attendance number per 2, you roughly get that 2008's 138,000 Stade De France attendance figure).

Now about the difference in gross, 2008's $17,500,000 for 2 gigs would need to be divided by two for a comparison and that way we get $8,500,000 per show. This time it took in a little over $7m BUT the tickets in 2008 were priced between $216 - $27 vs 2012's $180 for a top ticket, a choice that perfectly fits the current European economic outlook. This time around they obviously lowered some European markets' prices, considering that she came here to collect cash twice during her last touring venture.

People forget she literally saturated Europe last time around. I mean 2 Stade De France gigs, plus Nice stadium + Bercy + Wembley Stadium + Cardiff + two O2 nights 9 months later etc? It's a miracle she's getting any significant figures, let alone this kind of figures, around these parts, in these days. It's the actual reversal of 2008 situation when this whole global financial ordeal was starting in the US and it took a while before the consequences reached over here. It's all calculated in advance by LN/Madonna based on current scenarios.

So on the whole you could say that in spite of a very different and worsened outlook (for Europe at least) she is doing the same business of 4 years ago.

Besides take the Stade De France gig alone. It was 138,000 in attendance BUT for 2 gigs (so if you multiply this year's attendance number per 2, you roughly get that 2008's 138,000 Stade De France attendance figure).

Now about the difference in gross, 2008's $17,500,000 for 2 gigs would need to be divided by two for a comparison and that way we get $8,500,000 per show. This time it took in $7m BUT the tickets were priced at $216 - $27 vs the 2012's $180 for a top ticket, which perfectly fits the current Europaean economic outlook. This time around they obviously lowered some European markets' prices, considering (most people forget) that she came here to collect cash twice during her last touring venture.

So on the whole you could say that in spite of a very different and worsened outlook (for Europe at least) she is doing the same business of 4 years ago.

Thanks for clarifying.

So her prices were technically more expensive last time around. No wonder.

BOXSCOREDONNA STRIKES AGAIN! :wow: :wow:

I know everyone is moaning how her Euro numbers are down from Sticky.. but I'd like it if someone made some kind of table comparing other acts' Euro numbers that are also on tour right now. Just for comparison's sake.

Guest northernlad

No. The price changes are down to shifts in the currency rates rather than the tickets themselves, however London & Edinburgh were much cheaper than London and Cardiff last time. It just depends on the city. And it was again GA standing and Golden Circle standing this time as it was last. Is that what you meant by specified floor seating?

Anyway, I think the tour will do a little over $300,000,000.

No. The price changes are down to shifts in the currency rates rather than the tickets themselves, however London & Edinburgh were much cheaper than London and Cardiff last time. It just depends on the city. And it was again GA standing and Golden Circle standing this time as it was last. Is that what you meant by specified floor seating?

Anyway, I think the tour will do a little over $300,000,000.

No I know it was the currency exchange thing, I just didn't word it right.

I would NEVER have agreed to this!

As I've said many times before, both here and in other forums, where I've been active since 2003, I think it would be better for M to take a one-month break after each leg, in order to relax/recover and maybe do some minor tweaks to the show in terms of setlist and costumes.

Sorry but if you think that Madonna is simply agreeing to things you're mistaken. She wasn't the agreeing to things type back in 1982, imagine now with the kind of contracts/clauses she commands. People need to move on and accept the fact that it's all a deliberate move on her part how she structures her working life. You think she didn't set out to put herself on the road for 7 straight months of her own accord to begin with, making it a month longer that her previous Tour's total run?

The structure was laid out since the start: huge TV performance, her movie/perfume/cd/lifestyle brand cross promotion, a few odd outings on lesser but sensible media outlets and straight on the road to rake in another half a billion $ in 6 months. It's not difficult to understand why she would move this way: in the span of 12 months she'll have managed to cram what an average act probably doesn't manage to do in 10 years of their careers. When it comes to M it's all about time efficiency and money, considering that she's into so many different artistic and entrapeneurial projects, all at once.

Thanks for clarifying.

You're welcome. Northern lad is right too about the currency exchange rate. Let's say that $140 bought €100, today around $125 buys you €100. In regards to what Promise was saying, I can't honestly find a way to complain about the 2012 Stade's 62,000 figure. In 2008 it was 68,000, and the difference will anyone explain is?

She sweeped around these parts twice last time around and that was 36 months ago.

People need to start getting a grip and understand that people, businesses, banks and the whole of society is hurting seriously at the moment here. I can't believe how little credit Madonna is given every time she deserves it so much. Next you know, the headlines about her tour/album come out and the usual doubters go back to silent mode until the next opportunity to complain about something comes handy ...

You're welcome. Northern lad is right too about the currency exchange rate. Let's say that $140 bought €100, today around $125 buys you €100. In regards to what Promise was saying, I can't honestly find a way to complain about the 2012 Stade's 62,000 figure. In 2008 it was 68,000, and the difference will anyone explain is?

She sweeped around these parts twice last time around and that was 36 months ago.

People need to start getting a grip and understand that people, businesses, banks and the whole of society is hurting seriously at the moment here. I can't believe how little credit Madonna is given every time she deserves it so much. Next you know, the headlines about her tour/album come out and the usual doubters go back to silent mode until the next opportunity to complain about something comes handy ...

She sold , in 2008 twice as much as in 2012 in Paris.In fact , it sold more for each of the concerts in 2008.OK, we are in a crisis blablabla, but the places that i saw empty were not maybe the cheapest, but at least not the most expensive.Something happened in these 3 years to have madonna not selling out this (huge) venue.the lack of a hit single? not enough promotion of the tour? could be.And of course, the crisis.Anyways, again, 62.000 tickets sold it´s ok for her

She sold , in 2008 twice as much as in 2012 in Paris.In fact , it sold more for each of the concerts in 2008.OK, we are in a crisis blablabla, but the places that i saw empty were not maybe the cheapest, but at least not the most expensive.Something happened in these 3 years to have madonna not selling out this (huge) venue.the lack of a hit single? not enough promotion of the tour? could be.And of course, the crisis.Anyways, again, 62.000 tickets sold it´s ok for her

None of the above. She over saturated the market. Oh well.

2006? she performed in Bercy in that year...of course sold out! but it´w way smaller than stade de france

Right. She played there like 4 nights in a row. She could have sold more. And she could have sold more this time too, she just didn't add a second date, she coulda done an arena or something. But let's remember, she's doing another stadium in Nice.

None of the above. She over saturated the market. Oh well.

could be.she saturated the market, especially if she wants people to pay 150 euros for a huge venue.If she was talking about smaller arenas (11.000 people in Birmingam? that´s heaven!!!) the scene would have been different.She could have been doing different shows in the same place, all of them sold out, trully sold out, and even charging us more, because, we are actually going to see her!

UH? 138,000 in 2008 was for two shows. It makes 69,000 per gig to be accurate. She didn't sell any twice as much at all. She did one Stade De France gig this time around, there's a difference of 7,000 tickets. TWICE AS MUCH? if you intend that 138,000 for 1 gig only maybe ...... It's just Math, not even a consideration on oversaturation or not for this region