Billboard Boxscore Thread: MDNA Tour grosses $232.9 million so far

MadFan

But read my post above, the Brussels number is fake as hell. It's not even a technical sellout.

It is!

One thing is the maximum capacity of the venue, in this case 42,000.

Another thing is how many tickets Live Nation expected to sell, as reported to Billboard before ticket sales started. If that figure is met, the show is rightfully reported as a sellout, regardless of the actual capacity.

But read my post above, the Brussels number is fake as hell. It's not even a technical sellout.

How do you know that Live Nation declared 42,000 as the sold out figure?

Who told you that?

Also, what do you mean by technical sold out?

LN.

You obviously have a prejudice that makes it difficult for you to accept how things work in the touring business.

It's fine by me if you believe that the numbers are fake just to please investors. No problem about that.

How do you know that Live Nation declared 42,000 as the sold out figure?

He doesn't! He only knows that Live Nation confirmed 42,000 as the maximum capacity, but as you explained yourself, the actual capacity has nothing to do with the technical sellout.

It is!

One thing is the maximum capacity of the venue, in this case 42,000.

Another thing is how many tickets Live Nation expected to sell, as reported to Billboard before ticket sales started. If that figure is met, the show is rightfully reported as a sellout, regardless of the actual capacity.

So they could hire a stadium that holds 100,000 say they expect to sell 1000 and if they sell 1000 they can say it's a sell out?

So they could hire a stadium that holds 100,000 say they expect to sell 1000 and if they sell 1000 they can say it's a sell out?

No, no....a TECHNICAL sell out.

Fan: 'Hi, I'd like 2 buy a few tickets for the Madonna concert.'

Box Office Woman: 'I'm sorry, we only have a few thousand left, and I'm afraid it's already technically sold out. You could always try ur luck in Australia.'

This is an exaggerated example and not realistic. But of course, if they obtain benefits selling those 1000 tickets, they can hire whatever they want.

These boxscore numbers are the expected attendance, that's all. They are not equal to the maximum capacity, they represent the expected benefits. These are their rules. You can like them or not, but they are what they are. Debating them is as useless as debating whether the gold certificate should be 400.000 copies instead of 500.000. It's only a reference.

And let's not forget that the contrary might happen. It is not the first time that the attendance reported by the media is superior to the numbers included in the boxscores.

Didn't they say that the MDNA Tour will wrap up in South America in December when they announced that Australia was scrapped? That pretty much says it all to me.

I have a feeling she won't want to do another 2-leg mammoth tour like Sticky this time around. That one was very much a one-off.

It may seem so because that tour had "a first and second leg" and a six months gap between the two but actually in terms of length she's already outdone S&S. Between its first and second leg S&S had a total run of 6 months. The timing and scheduling on this one was conceived differently but with MDNA she's touring for 7 consecutive months. First time ever.

This is an exaggerated example and not realistic. But of course, if they obtain benefits selling those 1000 tickets, they can hire whatever they want.

These boxscore numbers are the expected attendance, that's all. They are not equal to the maximum capacity, they represent the expected benefits. These are their rules. You can like them or not, but they are what they are. Debating them is as useless as debating whether the gold certificate should be 400.000 copies instead of 500.000. It's only a reference.

And let's not forget that the contrary might happen. It is not the first time that the attendance reported by the media is superior to the numbers included in the boxscores.

:thumbsup:

with MDNA she's touring for 7 consecutive months. First time ever.

I would NEVER have agreed to this!

As I've said many times before, both here and in other forums, where I've been active since 2003, I think it would be better for M to take a one-month break after each leg, in order to relax/recover and maybe do some minor tweaks to the show in terms of setlist and costumes.

Box Office Woman: 'I'm sorry, we only have a few thousand left, and I'm afraid it's already technically sold out. You could always try ur luck in Australia.'

:dead:

omg i just wanna throw up after reading all that

anyway, this is why madonna says the entertainment world is just an illusion and just a game

Guest pedrohdi

More or less.. An amazing figure if you compare it to any other solo touring act but Madonna herself ;)

I guess she's not breaking any records this time...

Acko! You little shit :p

This tour will only break hearts :dramatic:

Guest northernlad

1. Madonna, Martin Solveig

Stade de France

Paris, France

July 14, 2012

$7,195,799

62,195 / 62,195

1 / 1

$183.73, $42.87

2. Madonna, LMFAO, Martin Solveig

Hyde Park

London, U.K.

July 17, 2012

$6,714,027

54,140 / 54,140

1 / 1

$195.47, $109.46

3. Madonna, Alesso

Murrayfield Stadium

Edinburgh, U.K.

July 21, 2012

$4,974,731

52,160 / 52,160

1 / 1

$195.28, $70.30

8. Madonna, Alesso

National Indoor Arena

Birmingham, U.K.

July 19, 2012

$1,998,196

11,684 / 11,684

1 / 1

$274.55, $86.29

3. Madonna, Alesso

Murrayfield Stadium

Edinburgh, U.K.

July 21, 2012

$4,974,731

52,160 / 52,160

1 / 1

$195.28, $70.30

HAHAHA! TAKE THAT, CUNTS!! :lmao:

God, I love being right... doesn't happen often that I can truly throw my chancla, so let me relish this RIGHT NOW! :fag: I'm stanning for Scotland and my mami!

Which of my kind chichis wants to update the title as I'm on mobile :wow: :wow: