Billboard Boxscore Thread: MDNA Tour grosses $232.9 million so far

MadFan

Isn't is funny that we always say she should go there and there yet we really have no idea it is to be on the road that long and performing around 80 shows during 8 months or so. Honestly most of us would die probably. Maybe she really cancelled Australia because she knows she will be too tired to get through of this. She knows her limits. Of course in her ambition to never show anyone that she is a human being too and just as weak and vulnerable as the average Joe she would never make an official statement saying this very truth.

You mean 'Drowned World Tour' right?

Opinions...

Not the topic but anyway

DWT is great

RIT is full of hits

S&S sux big time

RIT is an ALL crowd pleaser - from the casual fan to someone who isn't familiar with Madonna's work at all. I guess its an easy show, its hard not to find a non-HUGE fan who has seen it and did NOT like it. (that's usually the norm with greatest hits shows.

You guys are forgetting that although a lot of the US dates are arena, most of the dates are doubled. So she will have a good box office here- much better than S&S. and I am having this feeling that there might be a second leg.

Guest northernlad

Okay, since it's US$. But this is rather based on the fact that the exchange rate Euro/dollar has gone down in the last year. I think the overall impression in Europe was that the ticket prices in Euro has increased again in comparison to S&S. But due to exchange rates it's lower in US$. Makes sense. And we are all right. :biggrin:

The Euro has dropped around 15% against the US dollar in the last three years. As for ticket prices, they're not uniformly higher. UK and Germany are notably cheaper as are other markets. Many such as Paris and Sweden are practically the same as the last time. And a few are much higher... like Portugal. If you want an idea of what the figures are in Euros (for the countries that use them) just divide the given figure by 1.2 to 1.25 and then divide by attendance. I'm not sure why you'd be interested though.

Isn't is funny that we always say she should go there and there yet we really have no idea it is to be on the road that long and performing around 80 shows during 8 months or so. Honestly most of us would die probably. Maybe she really cancelled Australia because she knows she will be too tired to get through of this. She knows her limits. Of course in her ambition to never show anyone that she is a human being too and just as weak and vulnerable as the average Joe she would never make an official statement saying this very truth.

Finally someone is saying it!

:thumbsup:

Again I am really sorry for the Australian fans but I was very surprised when I heard that she would be on tour for 8 straight months doing more than 80 shows without any substantial stop. She never did anything like that, not even when she was younger. Plus, this is a very physically demanding show.

The mistake was to let people believe that she would do it and in regard to this I do believe that the intention was there. Maybe what happened is that with more than 5 months still ahead of her she realized that it would be just too much to travel to Australia after Argentina. Plus, going just to Australia would not be profitable enough and they would have had to add more dates in Asia thus further extending the tour.

Strong but pale embarrasingly against numbers and attendance of the previous tour, this only shows how people wasn't excited this time. I personally blame S&S uninspired tour and attrocious DVD production and of course the poor promotion for MDNA.

Whine whine whine, whinge whinge whinge, moan moan moan.

Just shut the fuck up and enjoy the fact that she's doing better than anyone else at the moment.

Whine whine whine, whinge whinge whinge, moan moan moan.

Just shut the fuck up and enjoy the fact that she's doing better than anyone else at the moment.

:thumbsup:

P.S. Wait....there's a 4 dollar difference in average ticket price between S&S and MDNA. What a flop!!!!! :abuse:

You guys are forgetting that although a lot of the US dates are arena, most of the dates are doubled. So she will have a good box office here- much better than S&S. and I am having this feeling that there might be a second leg.

Didn't they say that the MDNA Tour will wrap up in South America in December when they announced that Australia was scrapped? That pretty much says it all to me.

I have a feeling she won't want to do another 2-leg mammoth tour like Sticky this time around. That one was very much a one-off.

Madonna's bound to perform disappointingly these days- when compared against herself, that is.

:yes:

They just said on our local news chanel and i also headr it today on the radio that Madonna's tour is massive. It will probably break her last tours record. Let's just wait and see ladies.

They mentioned that its on tap to be the one of the biggest ever.

Didn't they say that the MDNA Tour will wrap up in South America in December when they announced that Australia was scrapped? That pretty much says it all to me.

I have a feeling she won't want to do another 2-leg mammoth tour like Sticky this time around. That one was very much a one-off.

Yeah but didn't we think the tour was over for S&S in December '08? We had no idea about the 2nd leg until it was over. Maybe it's wishful thinking but let's see.

I really don't know what's the point of complaining at this point of time. She has played only 20% of all the scheduled shows. It was known beforehand that the European leg will not generate as much revenue as S&S. But this might be compensated by the North American part of the tour. More shows and higher ticket prices. So at this point it's rather useless to think what could be.

While she is doing more North America dates this time out, almost all of them are arenas which (last tour) averaged about $2.5 million a night. I think the boxscore for NYC will be fucking phenomenal. Quebec City and Las Vegas will be good too. I just don't know if it will be enough. S&S had the benefit of being lots of stadiums...she isn't playing as many this time around. It will be very hard to make up that ground.

OLL RIGHT LONDON. What do we have now, $58.7m from 18 shows? This is what I see.

OLL RIGHT LONDON. What do we have now, $58.7m from 18 shows? This is what I see.

More or less.. An amazing figure if you compare it to any other solo touring act but Madonna herself ;)

oh wow, i thought for sure she would beat her sticky & sweet tour numbers.....but ur telling me that she wont even do that with this tour!!!!!!

wtf, AND THE TICKETS COST WAY MORE!??!?1?

do they? i don´t remember how much did I pay for S&S´s tickets, but I think it was similar to these...

These lists r such bs with their 1/1 & shit...Brussels was confirmed as NOT sold out by the local LN branch

It should read 37.000/42.00, & that is still generous.

These lists r such bs with their 1/1 & shit...Brussels was confirmed as NOT sold out by the local LN branch

It should read 37.000/42.00, & that is still generous.

Do we need to explain ONCE AGAIN what 1/1 means and what SOLD OUT means when it comes to boxscores?

Madonna does NOT get any special treatment.

:abuse:

Do we need to explain ONCE AGAIN what 1/1 means and what SOLD OUT means when it comes to boxscores?

Madonna does NOT get any special treatment.

:abuse:

Explain please.

Explain please.

Before tickets are put on sale, the tour organizer MUST declare the minimum number of tickets that have to be sold in order for the date to be sold out.

It is quite obvious that, after S&S 2009 and after the lower sales for the MDNA album, Live Nation people realized that numbers would be lower this time around and this led them to lower their expectations as far as tickets, thus declaring lower numbers for each European date. As long as the declared figure is met, the date is officially sold out. In some cases they have sold more tickets than the declared figures, but this doesn't change the fact that the date will be considered sold out with the number of tickets declared before tickets went on sale.

This is valid for all touring artists, not just Madonna. As absurd as it may appear, it's the way things work.

Before tickets are put on sale, the tour organizer MUST declare the minimum number of tickets that have to be sold in order for the date to be sold out.

It is quite obvious that, after S&S 2009 and after the lower sales for the MDNA album, Live Nation people realized that numbers would be lower this time around and this led them to lower their expectations as far as tickets, thus declaring lower numbers for each European date. As long as the declared figure is met, the date is officially sold out. In some cases they have sold more tickets than the declared figures, but this doesn't change the fact that the date will be considered sold out with the number of tickets declared before tickets went on sale.

This is valid for all touring artists, not just Madonna. As absurd as it may appear, it's the way things work.

Darling the CONFIRMED number 4 this gig was 42.000, of which she sold 32.000, an extra 5.000 were "sold" through competitions, industry/sponsorship deals & last minute sales...so they managed 2 crank it up to about 37.000, when all was said and done. The venue usually holds up 2 about 45.000-50.000 depending on the stage set up. 4 Madonna 42.000 was confirmed.

All this number spielerei is just 2 please stock holders.

The same goes for sporting events.

The Slane show of the Re-Invention Tour (90%), Prague show of the Confessions Tour (99%) and the Seville show of the Sticky & Sweet Tour (82%) all prove that Live Nation doesn't report shows as sellout unless the technical sellout figures have been met.

All this number spielerei is just 2 please stock holders.

I don't necessarily disagree with this - but still, it's the standard way of doing things in the entertainment industry.

Regardless of a venue's capacity, if the promoter of any live event sells the number of tickets they expected to sell before ticket sales started, the event is reported as a sellout. That's the name of the game, whether you like the rules or not!

I don't necessarily disagree with this - but still, it's the standard way of doing things in the entertainment industry.

But read my post above, the Brussels number is fake as hell. It's not even a technical sellout.