Billboard Boxscore Thread: MDNA Tour grosses $232.9 million so far

MadFan

Not so fast. Her next step in the movies will be a step back. She will act again. Norma Desmond in the musical version of Sunset Boulevard.

God i hope so..she needs to do a musical again! Woudn't it be cool if it was directed by Quenton Tarantino?

Is M at least beating Gaga's combined grosses for Monster Ball tour and the BTW Ball tour?

I refuse to look up Gaga's overall concert tour grosses because I don't trust Wikipedia.

Approximately

LG 30 dates= $67.6m (Avg per show $2.25m)

M 14 dates= $50m (Avg per show $3.57m)

Not so fast. Her next step in the movies will be a step back. She will act again. Norma Desmond in the musical version of Sunset Boulevard.

:dramatic:

Doesn't matter! LADY GAGA is number 1 on the chart this week. madonna and everyone else below that number one position are lesser and irrelevant especially in the history books years from now. When they look back on this week 10 years, 100 years, 1000 years from now they will only focus on who was number 1 and that honor goes to LADY GAGA.

and then they will ask "who was Lady Gaga?"

"Foul Madonna parody with a grotesque fan base of stalker freaks."

"Who is Lady Gaga?"

didnt they already choose glenn close to play norma desmond??

She already did it in the stage musical in LA and Broadway (wich won her a Tony) and was attached to the film version together with Ewan McGregor playing her young lover. But the movie is on, off, on, off. Sounds familiar? Anyway, the last thing I have heard was that Andrew Lloyd Webber would love to see Madonna playing Norma Desmond. Obviously he was quite happy with her performance in Evita after all.

She already did it in the stage musical in LA and Broadway (wich won her a Tony) and was attached to the film version together with Ewan McGregor playing her young lover. But the movie is on, off, on, off. Sounds familiar? Anyway, the last thing I have heard was that Andrew Lloyd Webber would love to see Madonna playing Norma Desmond. Obviously he was quite happy with her performance in Evita after all.

Can't remember what show he was on in the last week but he talked about it and implied that it was such a classic film that Paramount Studios (?) who own the rights are being very cautious so he doesn't know what's happening either.

new Boxscores:

7Madonna, Martin Solveig

Ziggo DomeAmsterdam, Netherlands

July 7-8, 2012

$3,777,245

29,172 /29,172

2 /2

$215.05, $55.30

Live Nation Global Touring/Mojo Concerts

9Madonna, Martin Solveig

Stade Roi BaudouinBrussels, Belgium

July 12, 2012

$3,676,447

36,778 /36,778

1 /1

$182.99, $54.90

Live Nation Global Touring/Live Nation Belgium

15Madonna, Martin Solveig

Lanxess ArenaCologne, Germany

July 10, 2012

$1,775,841

14,489 /14,489

1 /1

$203.38, $55.47

Live Nation Global Touring/MLK Concerts

new Boxscores:

7Madonna, Martin Solveig

Ziggo DomeAmsterdam, Netherlands

July 7-8, 2012

$3,777,245

29,172 /29,172

2 /2

$215.05, $55.30

Live Nation Global Touring/Mojo Concerts

9Madonna, Martin Solveig

Stade Roi BaudouinBrussels, Belgium

July 12, 2012

$3,676,447

36,778 /36,778

1 /1

$182.99, $54.90

Live Nation Global Touring/Live Nation Belgium

15Madonna, Martin Solveig

Lanxess ArenaCologne, Germany

July 10, 2012

$1,775,841

14,489 /14,489

1 /1

$203.38, $55.47

Live Nation Global Touring/MLK Concerts

So much for all the drama on here around Belgium being a flop!

What's the total now? She should be around $60m, right? With only approximately 18 dates or so.

$58,775,245 - total attendance close to half a million

In comparison S&S did 116 millions and draw 957,000 people in the first European leg (17 dates).

I honestly don't see how she is going to top Stinky & Smell tour

She's not going to. The tour will still be a financial success, but she's not topping herself this time out. Canceling Australia sealed that coffin.

I know Japan wasn't even in the schedule, but by cancelin Australia the chances are zero... I hope she losses that market too

oh wow, i thought for sure she would beat her sticky & sweet tour numbers.....but ur telling me that she wont even do that with this tour!!!!!!

wtf, AND THE TICKETS COST WAY MORE!??!?1?

These numbers are pretty much half of what she did on Sticky and Sweet. Still strong though.

Strong but pale embarrasingly against numbers and attendance of the previous tour, this only shows how people wasn't excited this time. I personally blame S&S uninspired tour and attrocious DVD production and of course the poor promotion for MDNA.

In comparison S&S did 116 millions and draw 957,000 people in the first European leg (17 dates).

But only because the first shows she played were solely stadiums the last time. Her total revenues in relation to the number of attendance are similar to above numbers. The average ticket price might be even higher.

oh wow, i thought for sure she would beat her sticky & sweet tour numbers.....but ur telling me that she wont even do that with this tour!!!!!!

wtf, AND THE TICKETS COST WAY MORE!??!?1?

Well they don't. Average ticket for S&S was US$122 for the first european leg while average for MDNA is US$118

But only because the first shows she played were solely stadiums the last time. Her total revenues in relation to the number of attendance are similar to above numbers. The average ticket price might be even higher.

Sadly is not, see my previous post

Strong but pale embarrasingly against numbers and attendance of the previous tour, this only shows how people wasn't excited this time. I personally blame S&S uninspired tour and attrocious DVD production and of course the poor promotion for MDNA.

I really don't know what's the point of complaining at this point of time. She has played only 20% of all the scheduled shows. It was known beforehand that the European leg will not generate as much revenue as S&S. But this might be compensated by the North American part of the tour. More shows and higher ticket prices. So at this point it's rather useless to think what could be.

It's sad that S&S will be known as her most succesful tour, since it's the worst of them all!

+1

Well they don't. Average ticket for S&S was US$122 for the first european leg while average for MDNA is US$118

Okay, since it's US$. But this is rather based on the fact that the exchange rate Euro/dollar has gone down in the last year. I think the overall impression in Europe was that the ticket prices in Euro has increased again in comparison to S&S. But due to exchange rates it's lower in US$. Makes sense. And we are all right. :biggrin:

Okay, since it's US$. But this is rather based on the fact that the exchange rate Euro/dollar has gone down in the last year. I think the overall impression in Europe was that the ticket prices in Euro has increased again in comparison to S&S. But due to exchange rates it's lower in US$. Makes sense. And we are all right. :biggrin:

That makes sense. In local currencies, ticket prices have gone up by about 30% in most European countries, compared to S&S.

Agree, the thing is Boxcore figures are always US dollars. Maybe it is that Euro is weak this time.

FYI Gaga Toured Oceania, Japan and some other Asia and the current average price stands at usd$136 whle M is usd$118

Agree, the thing is Boxcore figures are always US dollars. Maybe it is that Euro is weak this time.

FYI Gaga Toured Oceania and Japan and the current average price stands at usd$136 whle M is usd$118

With the Aussie dollar so high that's understandable. And Madonna should tour Asia. The top prices there are supposed to be insane. Ands since she never really went there (except for Japan) the demand will huge.