Billboard Boxscore Thread: MDNA Tour grosses $232.9 million so far

MadFan

Over at Madonnatribe, a lot of people are complaining about how bad the attendance figures are :( There's a lot more positivity here, which is good!

Over at Madonnatribe, a lot of people are complaining about how bad the attendance figures are :( There's a lot more positivity here, which is good!

Well what else is new, bunch of pathetic constipated pansies who hate their lives, jobs, and faces! Let's face it that forum is a big sack of shit isn't it!

Everything about the MDNA tour is a massive hit. Song list, $$$$$$$ it's making, HER LOOK and costumes, the publicity. And she didn't fuck with her hits. They sound like her hits and her new stuff is so fun. Perfect time to release a new song and video!

It doesn't really matter who appears at No. 1 on the Boxscore- after all, it's not like all of the reported boxscores occurred in the same week. They appear when the numbers are reported, regardless of when the concerts took place.

There probably is Euro oversaturation- and number of dates in an area will affect attendance levels of multiple venues in a city. Good points. :)

it has done remarkable well considering the depressing market

next time (if there will be) they should consider very carefully where to play in europe

Everything about the MDNA tour is a massive hit. Song list, $$$$$$$ it's making, HER LOOK and costumes, the publicity. And she didn't fuck with her hits. They sound like her hits and her new stuff is so fun. Perfect time to release a new song and video!

Except Express Yourself. :thumbsup:

Well what else is new, bunch of pathetic constipated pansies who hate their lives, jobs, and faces! Let's face it that forum is a big sack of shit isn't it!

On the flip side, there are a lot of overly sensitive madonna fans.. there's nothing wrong with saying that the numbers are lower than Sticky's numbers.

No there isn't, and myself and a whole bunch of other people have pointed that out in here. And we didn't have to scream flop tour or disappointment to do it either. You can call it like you see it without being a hysterical, sensationalist negative nancy.

Live Nation obviously didn't expect the MDNA Tour to sell more than it's selling, which makes me wonder:

Why did they book some of the biggest possible venues in Denmark and Sweden when other more suitable venues, with capacities matching the attendance figures, were available?

:lmao::clap:

yes well, it dont matter if its sold out BECAUSE AT THE HIGH PRICE THE TICKETS ARE, so it all balances out and they make monaaaaay

thats why

she toured europe 2 times in the last 4 years

nobody knew a second leg would 've been added later

Do you think M will have a second go-around in Europe on this tour next year?

I'm curious as to why S&S got two European legs, while CT got only one. I figured that M is big enough in the world to tour Europe (and North America) twice on a single tour.

Do you think M will have a second go-around in Europe on this tour next year?

I'm curious as to why S&S got two European legs, while CT got only one. I figured that M was big enough in the world to tour Europe (and North America) twice on a single tour.

Since she signed with LN she is more focused on Tour obviously....that's where the biggest piece of money come from these days.

There will no be a second leg in Europe of the MDNA tour: mark my words.

Fact is bitches, even if the numbers are down from Sticky, she remains the No. 1 touring solo artist in the world and her crown is unthreatened.

END.

:laugh: omg that is so true!!! lol

i find it weird that if MADONNA sells out, some "fans" will still really find a way to complain about some things...

i wonder how would they react to figures like:

Madonna, Martin Solveig

Stadio OlimpicoRome, Italy

June 12, 2012

$635,542

8,938 /36,658

0/1

$77.69, $2.51

Live Nation Global Touring/Live Nation Italy

Mass suicides?

On the flip side, there are a lot of overly sensitive madonna fans.. there's nothing wrong with saying that the numbers are lower than Sticky's numbers.

I agree with you. I don't think there is anything wrong with pointing out differences because the previous tour is always the benchmark with Madonna. No one is saying her career is over or anything. She's doing decent for the economic climate. In fact, I am 99% sure Australia is going to kick ass in ticket sales. I just get tired of hearing people say "there is so much negativity in here" when some members simply want to have a frank discussion about her touring business.

This isn't "Madonna's Warm Piss Bath" where we all sit around and stew in a broth of endless praise like Mariah's Lambs. Unless I missed something, I haven't even read anything in this thread which would make me think anyone isn't a fan.

She's doing decent for the economic climate.

This is what i don't understand...14 reported sell outs out of 14 shows, 50M gross...you think that's just 'decent'? That's nothing short of amazing.

I hope she comes to Asia in Feb. It's the best time .Great weather . We will help her break her previous record for sure .

I'm so happy for MDNA Tour's boxscore ! God Madge . Go Madge !

I hope she comes to Asia in Feb. It's the best time .Great weather . We will help her break her previous record for sure .

Hope she either stops by Bangkok, Hong Kong or Singapore! Gaysians will go wild! The demand is there I'm telling you!

BTW the tix price $2.51 in Rome is misprint, right?

Guest itisforfun

i find it weird that if MADONNA sells out, some "fans" will still really find a way to complain about some things...

i wonder how would they react to figures like:

Madonna, Martin Solveig

Stadio OlimpicoRome, Italy

June 12, 2012

$635,542

8,938 /36,658

0/1

$77.69, $2.51

Live Nation Global Touring/Live Nation Italy

Mass suicides?

This is not ture. It must be posted by some little mother f**kers(you guys know,monsters) they always fake numbers.

Lady GaGa didn't sold out in Asia, The rate in TaiPei is below 60%.

Lady GaGa's fans prefer to fake numbers, so you guys must keep your eyes open.

I;m in Asia, M should come to Japan,Singapore,Thai,China etc,also South Africa.

People there can pay high price to see her.

By the way, Lady who is not so much popular in Asia, as I know,her show didn't sold out in most cities in Asia, really, please check other guys who's in Asia.

I used to like Lady who a little, but ever since copy issue, no, that woman is ugly, not olny her appearacne, also her inner side.

Don't be bothered by what I said ,when I saw these fake numbers, I really hate that ugly bitch and her ignorant fans.

Edited by itisforfun

This is what i don't understand...14 reported sell outs out of 14 shows, 50M gross...you think that's just 'decent'? That's nothing short of amazing.

Well, the devil is in the details...her attendances are definitely lower, so from my perspective there is nothing amazing about it. I am not saying it is all her fault. Europe is in a financial mess. But never the less, she is doing half the audience she did before. Her last tour did $100 million in its first 14 shows, by comparison this is a 50% decline (at least so far). Is she doing better than the biggest stars in music? Sure she is. I am sure everyone's concert business is hurting in this climate.

Take Gothenburg...on S&S part 2 she sold like 119,700+ tickets for two shows...this time less than 37,000 for 1 night. That is a pretty big drop, even in an bad economic time. And although we could have arguments for days on end about what constitutes a "sell out" - I think it is clear that it is an arbitrary number that the promoter comes up with. Obviously they could've fit more people into that stadium had the demand been there.

I feel pretty confident that the Australia numbers (and maybe even the NYC dates) will be truly AMAZING. :thumbsup:

What if M wants to rest a bit after her blockbuster Aus/NZ tour early next year?

Let's say she tours Southest Asia in May/June of 2013.

Would the Southest Asian weather be a problem for outdoor shows in May/June?

there is so much negativity in here" when some members simply want to have a frank discussion about her touring business.

Well no one even said there was negativity in here. Au contraire. No one was even talking about this forum. We were talking about MadonnaTribe. No one in here is licking Madonna's clit about these sales, EVERYONE has told it like it is in here. I guess some people take issue with me pointing out what a bunch of crazy sheep some other Madonna fans are over at other boards, where negativity truly is the norm.

ANYWAY...

Asia is actually an untapped market for M save for Japan. And its a huge market that she should harness. Seeing that Asia had been clamoring for her for years, Now's the time I think. Maybe Singapore, Bangkok ,Manila,HongKong, Taiwan,Korea and even China. Plus seeing that Asia is the emerging economy right now she can pull it off even with the sky high ticket prices. I mean for crying out loud the likes of Air Supply, Tears for Fears,Duran Duran and other has beens can pack it in and the likes of Beyonce, GaGa ,Nicki Minaj,Katy Perry whose current did it.

And don't even worry that some of these countries in a third world level . Her demographics of Gaysians are the rich ones that can afford her. And as trend has it in most concerts that's being held in Asia, the more expensive seats are the first one to get sold out.

With the inclusion of Gaysia it would be so easy for her to wipe out the S&S record