Billboard Boxscore Thread: MDNA Tour grosses $232.9 million so far

MadFan

Why the hell did Live Nation release Gaga's numbers the same week? Seems annoying to have her at #1 on this chart with all of Madonna's entries in the Top 10.

Hmmmm...please don't yell at me but is this spectacular touring business? Granted the numbers are huge by regular music star standards, but S&S's first 14 shows in Europe did like $100 million and that was just two years after she did a tour there. Granted, attendance (and the economy) were much better then. Maybe that's it.

Of course.

Europe is not going to smash, we're gonna have to accept that right now. America is going to do really well though, and even if she doesn't break S&S's record, I think she will come close.

To break U2's record is almost impossible with this tour - unless she does some crazy shit like

2013 Spring - 10-15 shows in Oz/NZ

2013 Spring: 30 shows in Japan/S Korea/China/S Asia

2013 Fall - another go around in Europe and N America & S America with a significantly modified setlist - another 40 shows.

With a total of 160 shows she could beat U2. (170 shows X $4.5 million per show AVERAGE= 765 Million). U2 grossed 736 million!

i just went to the billboard.biz site and i saw that the lowest price for madonna's rome concert is $12.51? that's like shockingly low.

And the probably best ($$) dates still not out yet...

Paris, London, Russia, Nice...

I'm very happy with Italy numbers!!! People predicted 40-45k for San Siro, 38k for Florence and I saw people talk 25k-30k for Rome. This is the best Italy tour for Madonna EVAH!

Guest boytoyville

So funny people were freaking out months ago and I stated that all her dates would be sellouts as usual. Why don't people listen. Oh, the gay panic. By the time this is done the final gross will be massive!

There is no way in hell ( and she has a lot of friends there) that she will not break her own record. It is in her nature to top herself. She will find a way and she will do it. 110% positive this will happen.

There is no way in hell ( and she has a lot of friends there) that she will not break her own record. It is in her nature to top herself. She will find a way and she will do it. 110% positive this will happen.

:thumbsup:

The S&S Tour stop in Rome attracted 57,690; this one did 36,658. That's still muy impressive, but notably less for the same venue. And for Copenhagen, it was 48,064 for S&S; for MDNA, it's 29,416. Milan was pretty close, though- 55,338 for S&S, 53,244 for MDNA.

The S&S Tour stop in Rome attracted 57,690; this one did 36,658. That's still muy impressive, but notably less for the same venue. And for Copenhagen, it was 48,064 for S&S; for MDNA, it's 29,416. Milan was pretty close, though- 55,338 for S&S, 53,244 for MDNA.

She's over saturated some markets in Europe for sure. That combined with the poor economy and MDNA not performing well is affecting attendance numbers. I am sure they expected to do two Stadium shows in some markets. Tel Aviv for example and Paris. She could have played the Sunday there had there been sufficient demand.

It's all good though, for someone her age who'd been in th business 30 years she's doing really well.

The lesserness of Rome can be attributed to her having 3 big stadium dates in Italy this time around (The first Euro leg of S&S had only 1 Italian date and that was the Rome date you mentioned), plus the added problem of Euro oversaturation.

Hunties, by the time the QUEEN is done with Europe she'll have crossed over 120 mill I imagine and will have already broken the RIT boxscores leaving her with CT And S&S to break... :wow: :wow:

She really needs to go to Asia and play not only Japan but other markets, especially those she hasn't been to.

I agree!

So much untapped potential!

Wrong comparison: Rome for the Sticky was the only italian date at that moment....nobody knew a second leg would 've been added later.......! The date in Rome for the MDNA was instead the third (added at the last minute) of a 3 big stadium show in a row.

I agree with this.

Why the hell did Live Nation release Gaga's numbers the same week? Seems annoying to have her at #1 on this chart with all of Madonna's entries in the Top 10.

Lady Gaga is number one above M? Not sure I'm reading your comment correctly, Where did you see that from Live Nation? All indications are that M is doing more than double Lady Gaga, correct? I googled this but can't seem to find any stats.

Can someone clarify this for me. She is beating Lady Germ, Right?

Edited by Sloane

Lady Gaga is number one above M? Not sure I'm reading your comment correctly, Where did you see that from Live Nation? All indications are that M is doing more than double Lady Gaga, correct? I googled this but can't seem to find any stats.

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/charts/currentboxscore.jsp

Lady Gaga is currently #1 on the Concert Sales Box Score chart, since her 5 shows in Melbourne groosed $8,169,642, while M's 2 shows in Abu Dhabi grossed "only" $8,053,500.

But overall, M is beating Lady Gaga by a comfortable margin:

M grossed almost $ 50M from 14 shows, Gaga grossed less than $ 24M from 15 shows.

Lady Gaga is currently #1 on the Concert Sales Box Score chart, since her 5 shows in Melbourne groosed $8,169,642, while M's 2 shows in Abu Dhabi grossed "only" $8,053,500.

M grossed almost $ 50M from 14 shows, Gaga grossed less than $ 24M from 15 shows.

Exactly...well said.

Some of the figures quoted are quite a bit lower than figures that were quoted in the media around the time of each show. This happens every tour, though. The media reports a figure, while the official figures are lower. In a nutshell, the figures reported above are based on what Live Nation listed as their "technical" sell out figures, which were determined before a single ticket went on sale. Clearly, they sold every ticket they expected to sell for each of the first 14 shows, but it's also fairly obvious that they sold more than this for every venue (the attendance figures cited in the press are probably closer to the real figure). Berlin was cited as an example, and since I was there, I can confirm that there was barely an empty seat in the arena on either night. Msig (a great guy, BTW, so don't be too hard on him! :)) said that the O2 World in Berlin can hold 17 000, so it's likely that Madonna had a total attendance of over 30 000 across the two shows, but LN only expected to sell 25 000, so that's all they can report. I'm guessing it's an industry standard - they have to list the number of tickets they expect to sell, and then if they sell more, it's a bonus for them, but it's not actually reported (which seems odd, but there were clearly more people than officially reported at many, many shows - in Rome, for example, people who were there commented that it seemed very full, yet officially, there were around 20 000 less than in past tours, which seems strange).

I was pleasantly surprised to see Sweden listed as a technical sell-out - I thought it would be the lone non sell-out for this tour....! Clearly, LN didn't expect to sell anywhere near as many tickets as they did in Sweden two years ago, and they were so sure of this that they put it in writing with their sales projections.

No doubt about it - she's slaying them!!! :thumbsup:

I don't even want to compare MADONNA's concert grosses, we can tell with our eyes closed she will easily win...

Now I agree that MADONNA should do a real Asian Tour... she will sell massively that's for sure...

She ll do it after australian dates. I m sure.

Due to the climate, most of South East Asia would be best to tour from November-February, so an Asian leg right after the Australian one would be interesting.

However, I fear that M will be completely worn out by the time she reaches Australia. So I'd prefer for her to have a break.

That would collide with the South East Asian hot season, but she also did 2 Abu Dhabi shows at the hottest time of the year.

As Madonna would say:

If you can't stand the heat, get off my street!

The lesserness of Rome can be attributed to her having 3 big stadium dates in Italy this time around (The first Euro leg of S&S had only 1 Italian date and that was the Rome date you mentioned), plus the added problem of Euro oversaturation.

the main reason i think it's because rome date wasn't originally planned and it's been added only one month after the other 2 concerts...(and i was there and i'm sure that there were more than 36k people there.....(and the highest price wasn't the figure reported.......) ). in the end three concerts in a row in one of the most depressed countries in europe say a lot of the love of italians M fans :tigger:

comparison should be done on same markets. Well find out when M Tours Aussie and Gaga Tours EU.