Billboard Boxscore Thread: MDNA Tour grosses $232.9 million so far

MadFan

I have bad news.

Untl now Rio show sold 15,000 of 90,000 available.

It looks like the dvd wont be in rio!

Wow! :ohmy: what's the source to this??? that's impressive, they need to cancel as of now, they won't sell the rest in just 1 month

also if they had only sold a few thousand (or let's say 10.000) by this summer in brazil, why would they plan to film her tour there? they would have found another location by now.. makes no sense.

mat.guy, any chance it was a misprint and it's about gaga, not M? they would have cancelled ages ago & certainly not plan to have her concert filmed for the dvd there.. and also the previous article that states she already sold 100.000 in may.. plus the brazilians love her..

mat.guy, any chance it was a misprint and it's about gaga, not M? they would have cancelled ages ago & certainly not plan to have her concert filmed for the dvd there.. and also the previous article that states she already sold 100.000 in may.. plus the brazilians love her..

Here is the article:

http://www.boainformacao.com.br/2012/11/ainda-tem-ingressos-para-shows-de-lady-gaga-e-madonna-no-brasil/

I am not sure what to believe. I guess we will find out soon enough. Considering she sold half of all the tickets (100k) right out the gate, maybe they were mostly in the other cities? We'll know for sure in a month anyway.

yeah I mean it is just so illogical. why add so many brazilian dates then if they see it's not selling? if she already sold 100,000 for four dates in brazil in may (before the show started) ..

This is the first comment I read in that page... so I feel so much better now.

Madonna está com ingressos esgotados em Porto Alegre. Públicam sem verificar. Em São Paulo o primeiro show já está esgotado. Bah que jornalismo mediocre.

This is the first comment I read in that page... so I feel so much better now.

Madonna está com ingressos esgotados em Porto Alegre. Públicam sem verificar. Em São Paulo o primeiro show já está esgotado. Bah que jornalismo mediocre.

let us hope it's true.. wouldn't make much sense if it wasn't though

Madonna is sold out in Porto Alegre. Publish without checking. In São Paulo the first show is already sold out. Bah that mediocre journalism.

she would have cancelled by now, i call bullshit

but if she does cancel, then we know its true, and i think A LITTLE CUNSTER IS BEHIND THIS RUMOUR GOING AROUND - CUZ THEY R SO BITTER - SINCE THEIR MOTHER SHIT ISNT SELLING AT ALL

I have bad news.

Untl now Rio show sold 15,000 of 90,000 available.

It looks like the dvd wont be in rio!

Where did you see that? I have not read a single report about her sales here in Brazil. I see the reports about the Lady Gaga fiasco, but not Madonna. Maybe some midia outlets are posting lies to minimize the alarming situation of Lady Gaga that it is really bad as you can prove by actual facts (multiple disconts, free tickets, etc). Madonna is doing just fine.

Sorry guys for not posting my source.

Here it is: http://appsodia.ig.c...STAO_ENCALHADOS

He's a very respectful journalist. He doesnt do shit like that. He really spoke with T4F, the producers. But they believe Madonna still has time to sell more.

Gagarts is a lost case in any scenario.

Is all over the news and they blame the ticket prices. Guys, you have no idea how expensive is. Ask Nessie, Im not lying. I'm paying more than 500 dollars for one concert. They really messed up with the prices this time.

And yes, this is only Rio.

As someone said, the first SP show and Porto Alegre are expected to be sold out. Meanwhile gaga sold a little over 50% of the only SP show and even less of Porto Alegre, which will take place in a parking lot.

I don't understand tho- why is she having trouble with Rio?

Usually it's so easy to sell tickets in a huge, high profile city like Rio. Even with high prices. Yet she's doing better in SP & PA? Why is Rio bombing so bad? It can't just be the prices - and isn't it GA anyway? Why would it coat so much more (in us $) than Europe?

Because here students and elders pay half price by law. And almost everybody is student. So they have to compensate rising the prices.

I believe Rio fail is due the venue. It seems very awful to watch a show with that disposition of seats. The best places in the golden area are too expensive, the second best ones in the camarotes are too far and the rest is just floor.

Where are the gays in Rio? Lol

It sounds fishy. Madonna has 3 other concerts in Brazil, if Rio didn't sell they would have canceled it anyway. I don't see any groupon promos, disconts or free tickets going on right now for Madonna, unlike Lady Gaga...

well then surely they'll reschedule the plans of filming this show and taping the other sold out ones in latin america..

but at least the media there seems to be more fair and report on her successes as well, and with that one failure.. opposed to gaga's failures everywhere. but i find it strange how this news isn't reported anywhere else. it's hilarious.

36313_361225377300023_942814490_n.jpg

Meme-ironiza-saldao-de-ingressos-para-ver-Lady-Gaga-no-Brasil-size-598.jpg?1352140579

many more:

http://veja.abril.com.br/noticia/celebridades/saldao-lady-gaga-vira-piada-nas-redes-sociais

there's even a brazilian tumblr about it that makes fun of it:

http://acheioingressodagaga.tumblr.com

Where are the gays in Rio? Lol

It sounds fishy. Madonna has 3 other concerts in Brazil, if Rio didn't sell they would have canceled it anyway. I don't see any groupon promos, disconts or free tickets going on right now for Madonna, unlike Lady Gaga...

Yes it would totally ring true if Madonna was slashing prices right now but she's not.

And she'd have to start NOW, because if she's only sold 15,000 in the last 6 months, how the hell is she gonna sell much more in a month? :lol: