Billboard Boxscore Thread: MDNA Tour grosses $232.9 million so far

MadFan

Nice...I´m still thinking that I should go...but the crisis is hitting me too! shit!

anyways, key words, ARENAS! HIT SINGLE! promotion! and maybe places that she has never been before

You don't get it with this arena talk. Of course it's better quality but by playing stadiums she's hitting the big numbers in gross and attendance without having to be on the road for more than a handful of months. And God there's people still harping on the HIT SINGLE stuff? :ohmy:

She sold , in 2008 twice as much as in 2012 in Paris.In fact , it sold more for each of the concerts in 2008.OK, we are in a crisis blablabla, but the places that i saw empty were not maybe the cheapest, but at least not the most expensive.Something happened in these 3 years to have madonna not selling out this (huge) venue.the lack of a hit single? not enough promotion of the tour? could be.And of course, the crisis.Anyways, again, 62.000 tickets sold it´s ok for her

But can you explain what is this HUGE difference between 69,000 of 2008 and 62,000 of 2012? How comes she didn't sell out too this time around? A difference of 7,000 tickets? :confused:

2008 2 Stade De France gigs 138,000

2012 1 Stade De France gig 62,000

Can anyone explain what's the fucking difference? :lmao:

But can you explain what is this HUGE difference between 69,000 of 2008 and 62,000 of 2012? How comes she didn't sell out too this time around? A difference of 7,000 tickets? :confused:

2008 2 Stade De France gigs 138,000

2012 1 Stade De France gig 62,000

Can anyone explain what's the fucking difference? :lmao:

jajajaja! :kiss2:

it´s not a huge difference: the only difference between a sold out and a non sold out.Anyways, they are good numbers, of course!

Sorry but if you think that Madonna is simply agreeing to things you're mistaken. She wasn't the agreeing to things type back in 1982, imagine now with the kind of contracts/clauses she commands. People need to move on and accept the fact that it's all a deliberate move on her part how she structures her working life. You think she didn't set out to put herself on the road for 7 straight months of her own accord to begin with, making it a month longer that her previous Tour's total run?

I was merely using Madonna's own words. She said herself during one of the recent Rome interviews that she wakes up every day wondering why she agreed to do this huge tour, but that she tries to take things one day at a time.

I think she'll want to top herself. She'll probably add a second leg and add enough to shows to outgross Sticky & Sweet.

we are all hoping that she changes her mind about a 2nd leg and Australia... let it be clear to the newbie posters here that MDNA Tour can't break the S&S Tour with just one leg... But we can all expect the MDNA tour 1st leg to reach the $300M up level...

let it be clear to the newbie posters here that MDNA Tour can't break the S&S Tour with just one leg... But we can all expect the MDNA tour 1st leg to reach the $300M up level...

I agree. The 2012 part of the tour (if there will be a 2013 part) may have more shows than S&S, but the average attendance per show is lower - in part due to a third of the European dates being arena shows - and due to changes in exchange rates, ticket prices appear lower than S&S when converted into US dollars.

Without any additional 2013 dates, I expect the tour to gross just about $ 350 million at best.

Guest pedrohdi

This tour is a huge sucess, no one whether is lady caca or an established act, will rake in more than Madonna this year. It will not break the S&S record without going to Australia and Asia. But the numbers from north a south America will be impressive! And no one is charging the prices M is charging! when it comes to touring Madonna Is in a league of her own! She doesn't tour for years, charges high prices, millions go to see her, and her tours allways end up beeing the top tours of the year!

! She doesn't tour for years, charges high prices, millions go to see her, and her tours allways end up beeing the top tours of the year!

and still we are always complaining about something! :laugh:

by the way, if she wants good money, she should go to japan

Guest pedrohdi

and still we are always complaining about something! :laugh:

by the way, if she wants good money, she should go to japan

Absolutely!!! If she wants to break another record, she should add a 2nd leg and tour Australia and Asia! But what I wanted, was for her to end this in December, have the DVD also in December, a new record in the beginning of 2013 properly promoted during 2013, by the end of 2014 another record, also properly promoted, and then THE BIG TOUR in 2015!

Peeps- she did TWO shows at that Paris stadium in September 2008. So, 138,163 divided by two is roughly 69,081. So, that's the number you should be comparing to the MDNA total.

As already stated, she oversaturated the market this time out- which is fine- it gives fans more of an opportunity to see her.

Only Madonna would get such scrutiny from fans for not doing as well as... Madonna.

I dont care about the "breaking her won record".

If she can still sell 40.000 tickets out of 60.000 for one stadium, it just shows that shes still strong in business.

Others had to reduce and minimize theri concerts from arenas into theatres but still couldnt sell out 4.000 tickets for one show,

Madonna is still big and that makes me happy. I wish she could have done a second concert in Istanbul. Turkish people loved her

and I am sure she could sell out it again.

Unfortunaltley she did 2 shows in Berlin, Better one in Frankfurt next time :D

Besides Nightshade take the Stade De France gig alone. In 2008 2 gigs totalled at 138,000 in attendance BUT there were in fact 2 gigs (so if you multiply this year's (62,000) attendance number per 2, you roughly get that 2008's 138,000 Stade De France attendance figure).

Now about the difference in gross, 2008's $17,500,000 for 2 gigs would need to be divided by two for a comparison and that way we get $8,500,000 per show. This time it took in a little over $7m BUT the tickets in 2008 were priced between $216 - $27 vs 2012's $180 for a top ticket, a choice that perfectly fits the current European economic outlook. This time around they obviously lowered some European markets' prices, considering that she came here to collect cash twice during her last touring venture.

People forget she literally saturated Europe last time around. I mean 2 Stade De France gigs, plus Nice stadium + Bercy + Wembley Stadium + Cardiff + two O2 nights 9 months later etc? It's a miracle she's getting any significant figures, let alone this kind of figures, around these parts, in these days. It's the actual reversal of 2008 situation when this whole global financial ordeal was starting in the US and it took a while before the consequences reached over here. It's all calculated in advance by LN/Madonna based on current scenarios.

So on the whole you could say that in spite of a very different and worsened outlook (for Europe at least) she is doing the same business of 4 years ago.

I realize there were 2 shows last time in Paris. I do understand math, you know. However, you asserted that she would break S&S's record, and I am simply saying it is not possible since she is grossing far less than last time. I was not attacking her or saying that she's over. I am simply saying with lower grosses (or less stadium shows) she will not top S&S's record...UNLESS she adds more dates.

Can people NOT point out facts in here without getting a shit storm of disagreement? I think Madonna's still probably going to have the top grossing tour of 2012 if this keeps up, and that is wonderful. She's just not breaking her own record. Oh well.

531252_4425308439441_1089165883_n.jpg

Poor Britney... so devalued... considering how big she once was...

And for Gags she is doing better than expected considering how long she has a career and how cheap her show looks like. People are really being screwed.

Guest pedrohdi

Some of you will never be happy...

I think this table says it all. She's still one of the biggest touring forces.

If not the biggest, because if you compare to the Rolling Stones or U2, those are acts that tour for at least 2 years and have a slightest lower ticket price then the Queen.

Guest pedrohdi

She will ultimately beat out RiRi and the Biebz. Right? :mellow:

loooooool absolutely, and with the european leg alone!

Probably was posted already, but here's Pollstar's mid-year global-tour chart:

http://www.pollstarp...ldwideTours.pdf

Is it possible that there are mistakes in that list. Especially when it comes to average gross. Take LG total revenue of 67 million. She had 31 shows. How makes that an average gross of 6 million? It's the same for any other artist but the number is the extreme. Or do I get something wrong?