Billboard Boxscore Thread: MDNA Tour grosses $232.9 million so far

MadFan

According to my humble calculations, the top tours of 2012 will be

1) Madonna: $280 million

2) Bruce: $215 million

3) Lady Gaga: $190 million (the 2013 US should bring another $50 million, totalling $240 million for that horrendous tour).

4) The Wall: $186 million (only 2012 dates)

After days without updates they just published one now, sadly no M grosses

I think that we're going to get them on Tue

BTW Elton has grossed $4m for 7 gigs at Caesars Palace, of which only 4 were sold-out :chuckle:

No wonder why he occasionally lets out a screaming mouth fart about Madonna

With 49 shows done she's at 172M. She has another 40 shows to add to that total. I'm guessing she come in between 320M - 350M.

Using the averages of the US dates she did so far, and with a conservative total for Latin America (it will be less than the Sticky Sweet tour), I calculated the total to be $280 million...maybe it'll reach $300 million at most.

Can't believe MDNAT won't top S&ST.

Since both of them lasted about 6 months, I assume the no. of show is pretty much the same for both. Yet the difference in earning is huge.

Vadge needs to prepare for the 2nd leg asap. *prays*

S&S grossed $282 million from the first leg, and then $126 million for the second leg. it had fewer shows in the first leg than MDNA will have when it finishes, but, as discussed, there was some market saturation in Europe. S&S was more "spread out" in Europe than MDNA, no?

S&S grossed $282 million from the first leg, and then $126 million for the second leg. it had fewer shows in the first leg than MDNA will have when it finishes, but, as discussed, there was some market saturation in Europe. S&S was more "spread out" in Europe than MDNA, no?

Those were "virgin" countries. And I think they were more profitable, too, no? I mean compared to the usual Paris & London.

For the 2nd leg, those countries, Asia, Australia, Antarctica could do the trick.

Each concert gross is listed on wikipedia. Some of the amounts from the sticky sweet tour were unbelievably high.... $6-10 million grosses in many european cities and even mammoth $10-15 million grosses in places like paris, stockholm and tel aviv. Its hard to match such numbers again.

Her totals in most european cities for mdna were sometimes more than 50% lower

the more i see the data, the more convinced I become that current hits WILL matter next time around, if she intends on doing another mammoth tour.

if she wants to turn it down a notch (which I would love) then she can get away with whatever she wants. it's obviously up to Live Nation as well...

Each concert gross is listed on wikipedia. Some of the amounts from the sticky sweet tour were unbelievably high.... $6-10 million grosses in many european cities and even mammoth $10-15 million grosses in places like paris, stockholm and tel aviv. Its hard to match such numbers again.

Her totals in most european cities for mdna were sometimes more than 50% lower

both HC and MDNA aren't huge successes. a few months ago i stumbled upon a very old article from 2004, where she sold two stadium shows in the netherlands in like 20 minutes :o same for confessions..

Found this the other day - think it's puts things in perspective...Madonna sold out at Philly

http://www.phillyburbs.com/entertainment/justin-bieber-can-leave-you-scratching-your-head/article_29ee2815-4c50-5b93-825e-2303b32fe7de.html

Justin Bieber is perhaps the biggest pop singer in the world.

That said, why is it that his show Sunday at the Wells Fargo Center at 3601 S. Broad St. in Philadelphia has not sold out?

Any number of reasons can be attributed to his lack of ticket sales, but a big one is that pre-teens can’t afford $86.50 for a good seat at the cavernous hockey-and-basketball venue. Even the nosebleed/can-barely-see-him seats are $36.50. And then there are the scalpers’ prices.

Another reason for Bieber’s lack of ticket sales could be overexposure. He has been everywhere — the “Ellen DeGeneres Show,” “Dancing With the Stars,” “The Simpsons,” “Saturday Night Live,” “C.S.I.: Crime Scene Investigation,” “American Idol” — you name it.

And with only two albums to his credit (plus a holiday release), overexposure can be a problem.

A third reason might be that Bieber’s voice and music style are changing. His voice is decidedly deeper, the result of going through puberty. And he has chosen to use hard-core rappers Ludacris, Big Sean and Nicki Minaj on his new album “Believe” (2012).

Still, a world-class superstar act shouldn’t have trouble filling 20,000 seats. Unless his fans have gotten so used to downloading his music that they are not familiar with actively seeking out live music.

that is true, but in madonna's case she really does need a hit album or at least the right singles and videos and hype.. the MDNA tour is amazing, and it's a shame not as many people are seeing it.

I have bad news.

Untl now Rio show sold 15,000 of 90,000 available.

It looks like the dvd wont be in rio!

Fuck. That's horrible.

She really should've done Australia and blown the doors off this fucker.

that cannot be true. there were reports she sold like 100,000 in brazil ithink..

In Sao Paulo, 70,000 tickets will be available. In Rio, 90 000 and in Porto Alegre, 43 000. Alterio not rule out the possibility that new dates are open for extra shows in three cities. (FOLHA, Brazil’s largest newspaper)

Reported on May 14:

Madonna has sold 100,000 tickets in Brazil:
The most expensive sections of the shows in Rio, Sao Paulo and Port Alegre are already sold out.

No wonder MDNA , the new Madonna tour, should help the singer to earn 500 million dollars this year alone. In Brazil alone, the tour has already sold
tickets. The sectors most expensive Morumbi (Sao Paulo), Park Athletes (Rio de Janeiro) and the Olympic Stadium (Porto Alegre) are already sold out. In Rio, the first stop of Madonna, on 1 December, remaining tickets for the track (360 reais = $181US) and the orange industry (200 reais = $101 US). Tickets can be purchased at Citibank Hall, from 12am to 20h (av. Ayrton Senna, 3000, Via Parque Shopping, Barra da Tijuca), the authorized points of sale or the site www.madonnanorio.com.br .

For the show at Morumbi on December 4, sold out seven sectors: Bottom A and Bottom B, Superior 1-4 and Track Premium. There are, therefore, tickets for the track (360 dollars) and the bleachers orange (170 reais = $85 US), blue (280 reais = $121 US), red (280 reais = $141 US) and special ($ 300 = $151 US). The purchase can be made ​​in Credicard Hall, from 12am to 20h (av. United Nations, 17955, Santo Amaro), the authorized points of sale or the internet, the site of the Ticket for Fun .

In Porto Alegre, where Madonna sings on December 9, there are only tickets to a single sector, the track (360 reais = $181 US). The bleachers, chair higher premium and the track are already crowded. Those interested can find the ticket office of the MULTI (street of Andradas, 1001, Porto Alegre), one of the authorized retail outlets or over the Internet, the website for Fun Tickets. (Veja.abril.com)