Billboard Boxscore Thread: MDNA Tour grosses $232.9 million so far

MadFan

acko and Kim in this thread provide a welcoming light of sanity in a thread that is generally littered by loon hysteria.

Thanks to acko and Kim for CONFIRMING what my sister who actually worked for the local promoters in the Abu Dhabi gigs actually told me WORD FOR WORD.

So all you loons who question them can shut the fuck up!!

I love all this hysteria about competition. Who gives a shit about how much someone else has sold, or if they sell more than Madonna or make more money? The MDNA Tour has been hugely successful so far, and whether or not it surpasses S&S is irrelevant. If it was important to M to make more than S&S or Cunt Bubble, then to put it simply she would. The fact is she can shift a shitload of high priced tickets and make a huge amount of money for herself and promoters, and when it comes to touring that is what counts.

After 30 years, Madonna is still a touring force. She puts on innovative and unique shows with stunning settings and choreography and is not afraid to take risks. Even her less well received shows as still head and shoulders above other artists. Celebrate the fact you love an artist who is capable of this and who does not rest on her laurels, rather than worrying about sell outs or who is making more money.

I love all this hysteria about competition. Who gives a shit about how much someone else has sold, or if they sell more than Madonna or make more money? The MDNA Tour has been hugely successful so far, and whether or not it surpasses S&S is irrelevant. If it was important to M to make more than S&S or Cunt Bubble, then to put it simply she would. The fact is she can shift a shitload of high priced tickets and make a huge amount of money for herself and promoters, and when it comes to touring that is what counts.

After 30 years, Madonna is still a touring force. She puts on innovative and unique shows with stunning settings and choreography and is not afraid to take risks. Even her less well received shows as still head and shoulders above other artists. Celebrate the fact you love an artist who is capable of this and who does not rest on her laurels, rather than worrying about sell outs or who is making more money.

Brilliantly put! Thank you! xx

Would you prefer it if the MDNA Tour topped S&S but she was completely irrelevant? Some fans need to look at the big picture. The most important thing about the MDNA Tour (apart from it being an amazing show) is that it has confirmed for the billionth time to the naysayers just how RELEVANT Madonna still is, even at the age of 54. The controversy around the tour has stayed with her throughout and she is constantly talked about in the press. Maybe some of her peers and competitors will play more shows or gross more or less money, but when 2012 (and the MDNA Tour) draws to a close, there will be one tour and one tour only that will have been the live show of the year, and that's the MDNA Tour. END OF STORY.

acko and Kim in this thread provide a welcoming light of sanity in a thread that is generally littered by loon hysteria.

Thanks to acko and Kim for CONFIRMING what my sister who actually worked for the local promoters in the Abu Dhabi gigs actually told me WORD FOR WORD.

So all you loons who question them can shut the fuck up!!

I'm certainly not "questioning" them, but the insulting from kim has gotta go. that's not cool, trying to make me look stupid!

I apologized for my snapping, but I wont let someone insult my intelligence over one stupid word!

I thought we all knew that "sold out" was a marketing thang now and has been for like a decade?

but back in the day it was true,if yyou coudn´t buy a "legal" ticket, sold out.i guess with viagogo and these kind of companies, now is different.I mean, they buy the tickets, but maybe they can´t sell them back, that´s why sometimes there are so many empty spots

We all know that if Madonna did 200+ dates like Gaga did, she would have the highest grossing tour of all time.

Not only would she have it, she'd have it by a mile

i wish LN would release how much the MERCH has taken in! lol

cuz after the production costs, madonna's cut, guys cut, taxes......what does LN actually get? 10 million!? lol

i wish LN would release how much the MERCH has taken in! lol

cuz after the production costs, madonna's cut, guys cut, taxes......what does LN actually get? 10 million!? lol

I know there was an article during the Drowned World Tour that said Madonna was doing an average of $17-18 per head (per person) at each show in merchandising. And that was when she just did arenas. Merchandising prices have gone up since then, so it's possible she is doing more now.

Even if you use the 2001 number, she would've made about $60 million (gross) from S&S Parts 1 and 2.

don't you guys sometimes feel weird doing the computations for projected gross or net incomes that is not even ours? sometimes i feel guilty we're too obsessed with sales figures and $$$ that madonna may not even care about

don't you guys sometimes feel weird doing the computations for projected gross or net incomes that is not even ours? sometimes i feel guilty we're too obsessed with sales figures and $$$ that madonna may not even care about

I'm pretty sure that not only does she care she knows EXACTLY how much she is getting and what she could potentially get.

LMAO OH she cares! but ya we shouldnt give a shit, cuz one day we will be disappointed, i am not measuring success with money though.

this tour is right up there with blond ambition - it has blown me away!

IT's fun in the meantime!

Would Madonna two dates at Yakee Stadium beat Caca two dates at twickenham Satdium???

I think both will have Boxscores next week.

Maybe because "my popstar sells more than yours" give us a satisfying pleasure? Go figure. :doofus:

Would Madonna two dates at Yakee Stadium beat Caca two dates at twickenham Satdium???

Absolutely.

Although KaKa's Europe boxscore result has not been revealed but Madge has already beaten her in Nice, France.

Madge did one show in Nice at Stade Charles-Ehrmann:

Stade Charles-Ehrmann

Nice

29,670 / 29,670 (100%)

$2,386,311

Whereas for Kaka, who's originally planned to perform one night only at the same place as Madge, has changed to a smaller venue i.e. Palais Nikaia for 2 nights due to poor ticket sales... And the MAX capacity for Palais Nikaia is only 9,000.

So even Kaka successfully sold out these 2 dates, she will not be able to beat Madge's record.

if the max is 9,000 then dont u gotta take some seats off to SET UP THAT HIDIEOUS STAGE!?!?!?

since its the largest one in the world ever constructed for a concert...................................................................lol

As to avoid embarassment, Kaka added a second show just to divert ppl's attention on the size of the new venue by creating an illusion that her tickets are selling like hot cakes and she has to resort to add 1 more show. :chuckle:

Maybe she'll get lucky to sell out 9,000 tickets for 2 shows.