Billboard Boxscore Thread: MDNA Tour grosses $232.9 million so far

MadFan

S&S European dates vs MDNA European dates

Number of shows in Europe 42/85 (S&S) 30/88 (MDNA)

Attendance 2,048,907 (S&S) 906,161 (MDNA)

Arena vs Stadium gigs 7/42 total (S&S) 11/30 total (MDNA)

European leg gross $210m (S&S) $103m (MDNA)

Non sell-out gigs 1/42 (Seville @ 82%) (S&S) All sell-outs (MDNA)

ya she is doing a lot of smaller venues this time around right

it is shocking to see how low the capacity is in some of these places, but its what she has always wanted to do - mix of staduims & arenas

way to go thus far!!!!!

Not every tour is going to be Sticky and Sweet. Get that through your heads people.

True, but it's a shame cause MDNA is waaaay better in every single aspect.

Well just felt sorry for the people who has miss it.

So am I right in saying she's averaged about $3.5 million per gig so far? (115 mill divided by 33 shows = 3.5 per show).

And with 88 stops total that would be a total of $308 million if she kept that pace?

Sticky and Sweet was the first real Gig in Europe.

So many places she plays for the very first time.

I'm satisfied with MDNA Tour numbers.

FLOP tour with 115 million from first 33 shows.

well even if she doesnt break her own record and if someone else comes along and snatches that highest grossing tour by a solo artist in history crown, never count her out.....cuz like a phoenix, u knonw bitch is gonna SLAY it on her farewell tour.

falls: Barcelona´s first one wasn´t sold out, and Paris´either

All the figures I posted, whether they're related to Sticky & Sweet or MDNA, come from Billboard. Per Billboard S&S had only one gig over a final number of 85 which wasn't a sell-out and that was Seville in September 2008 (out of 5 Spanish stadium gigs in total for that tour). The point of this thread is to discuss Billboard Boxscore figures and Seville as the only non sell-out for S&S (82%) is a Billboard number, I didn't make it up.

"And Paris either"? Of all dates you could suggest? Are you kidding me? S&S run in France with its 4 gigs was Madonna's most successful showing in that country. These figures for MDNA are nothing short of amazing considering how she's drained this market barely 3 years ago and how the economy is in the gutter here right now.

On the last tour she simply played a total of 85 shows of which HALF were in European markets. This time around she is doing more shows in North American markets (Super Bowl scope anyone?), she is playing 43 gigs between US and Canada vs the 30 North American gigs of S&S. It's all relative and all must be put into context. She's raking in $3m in gross for a performance in a country where the average salary is $1,000 a month if not less. This tour's final chapter has yet to be written. So ....

Stop moaning and give it up for THE ONLY QUEEN already

sticky and sweet tour

Danube Island Vienna 57,002 / 57,002 (100%) $8,140,858

mDNA tour

Ernst Happel Stadion

Vienna, Austria

July 29, 2012

$1,953,791

33,250 /

1 / 1

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

whatever happened to Vienna..it would be a shame if Gaga will out gross her in many parts of Europe.

sticky and sweet tour

mDNA tour

Ernst Happel Stadion

Vienna, Austria

July 29, 2012

$1,953,791

33,250 /

1 / 1

whatever happened to Vienna..it would be a shame if Gaga will out gross her in many parts of Europe.

:snore:

sticky and sweet tour

mDNA tour

Ernst Happel Stadion

Vienna, Austria

July 29, 2012

$1,953,791

33,250 /

1 / 1

I was also surprised with that boxscore. The attendance is great - 30k+ people - that's normal for this tour. I guess ticket prices were really cheap there.

I was also surprised with that boxscore. The attendance is great - 30k+ people - that's normal for this tour. I guess ticket prices were really cheap there.

Referring to above mentioned numbers by billboard ticket prices ranged from 49 to 246 dollars which is in line with all the other shows. The priciest ones are even more expensive than the tickets in Scandinavia, Zurich and Nice. So something seems to be wrong with the total revenue for Vienna. It's one million less than Warszaw with much higher prices and only 5000 less in attendance. The average ticket price of 60 dollars is so out of line compared to other venues which were around 100 dollars. It's quite confusing.

Or was Vienna the show where someone claimed 10,000 tickets were given away for free? :nocomment:

Guest pedrohdi

And the fire blazes!

Opening the Euro stretch of her Born This Way Ball tour with sass, Lady GaGa gave fans in Helsinki, Finland a peek at her bum in an apparent dig at Madonna.

Naughty! Naughty!

As you know, her Madgesty has been covering GaGaloo's Born This Way during her MDNA tour. And many speculate this to be a spike in the diva domination war following her comments that the GaGa single was a "reductive" homage to Express Yourself.

But Mother Monster clearly just doesn't give a f*ck!

With a flash of her thong (in fishnets), she told the crowd: [/url]

"I don’t give a f*ck what people say. We don’t give a f*ck — we know the truth!"

And then, in true diva fashion, she went right into playing a move of Madonna's own game and covered the Queen's Like A Prayer.

So not only did GaGa take Madonna's signature thong flash, she covered one of her own singles, obviously in response to Madge covering her own.

Oh and in case you missed it — Madonna has a song entitled I Don't Give A on MDNA. So GaGa's introduction to the chess move was LOADED!!

And while GaGa also says the rebellious line in Bad Kids, the fact that one of Madonna's recent songs holds the same title is still an interesting note speculated by MANY in connection with GaGa's thong flash. Just sayin!

Mirror, Mirror… on the wall. Who's the Queenest of them all?

From Perez Hilton

That bitch still so original!

Guest Not4Pussies

i think a lot of people are going to see her for the first time on this tour (mostly in the US) because of the Super Bowl

my sister and her husband want to go see M in LA in Oct

they are not fans. they just really liked her Super Bowl halftime performance.

especially my brother in law who told me his eyes were glued to the screen

and he had no idea how good of a performer M was. now they want to see her live in concert for

the sole experience.

The Vienna show was at a different outlet than the one for S&S Tour. In fact, I don't think any of these newly reported shows took place at the same venues that she played S&S.

How was the top ticket price for Moscow $2,000+?

i think a lot of people are going to see her for the first time on this tour (mostly in the US) because of the Super Bowl

my sister and her husband want to go see M in LA in Oct

they are not fans. they just really liked her Super Bowl halftime performance.

especially my brother in law who told me his eyes were glued to the screen

and he had no idea how good of a performer M was. now they want to see her live in concert for

the sole experience.

:clap:

And this is another reason why I am so glad she did the SB, other than the fact that only HER could have put out a perfect performance like that. Casual watchers that haven't see anything of her before but happen to watch randomly are immediately blown away and forced to recognise the brilliance. SB 2012 is the best thing that happened to her for her Norh American biz this past 10 years. Remember that middle-aged redneck father with kids in tow screaming and cheering? :lol:

The Vienna show was at a different outlet than the one for S&S Tour. In fact, I don't think any of these newly reported shows took place at the same venues that she played S&S.

Don't bother trying to reason with them usual moaners.

Some always have to be negative for the sake of being negative, whatever she does.

MDNA has been a smash so far. FACT

^ :chuckle:

When the final 2012 touring numbers are out a lot of them will suddenly become very silent. 43 NA shows with those prices and it was just up to 6 years ago that she had tours with 40 dates in total! She's gonna top both Pollstar rankings and BB Boxscore year-end chart, just wait and see

Rihanna is not even half her age and she's taking in 2/3 of MDNA's revenue so far with three times as many dates ..... Gaga compared to other females is doing visibly better and hasn't been out for that long ok, but she's still far from Madonna's average gross per date. Whereas Esther being 30 years older and with 3 decades of work behind her, is always 100 miles ahead of them (let's not even mention her female contemporaries), she is the only woman belonging in the top 5 club of touring names.

As u say if MDNA is a downward spiral may it last forever. Just give the woman a break and recognise how much effort and time she puts into all of it while u're there making faces and rolling eyes sitting at a computer screen every other day.