London Hyde Park, 17th July

markm

Fabulous.

I'll be getting my train soon. Then have a few drinks and make sure my bustier is all sorted then show time

By 9:30 the stage lights will be impressive but it won't be properly dark until at least 10.

Honestly - Live Nation are fuck wits for scheduling this gig outdoors in the UK in the middle of July.

I don't think they had much choice with all the indoor arenas in London booked for the Olympics.

They should gave gone for the Emirates stadium in highbury they could have at least started a bit later. I saw Coldplay there in June and they started around 9.30pm.

I'm sure this choice of disastrous venue is all a big Live Nation tie-in what with them using the same stage for diff acts etc. I'm sure Madge is RAGING about the whole thing.

But have a great time y'all :wow:

Who are these "two prominent royals" supposed to be tere tonight?

I hope it's ANNE THE PRINCESS ROYAL :wow: and BIG LIz getting up an doing their thing :wow:

I'm sure this choice of disastrous venue is all a big Live Nation tie-in what with them using the same stage for diff acts etc. I'm sure Madge is RAGING about the whole thing.

But have a great time y'all :wow:

I doubt she'll have a clue really. That's Guy's problem to fix. The stage is sorted, it's just down the road, it's stopped raining, it's sold well. She just needs to get there on time. So, not a disaster at all. It's way more convenient than Wembley and probably a much better concert venue. The weather nearly screwed things up but it appears to have come good. She'll be at home with her feet up watching Loose Women so as concerts go, I imagine this is one of the easier ones.

Well, she'll have a clue when she's told she has NO CHOICE but to start at half 8 or 9 or they'll pull the plug. I'm sure she thought she could break the rules as per. She's clearly decided she wants to start about 10pm ish this tour for whatever reason. Quite honestly, the stage looks SHIT in the daylight sounchecks we've seen so far so I don't blame her.

Well, she'll have a clue when she's told she has NO CHOICE but to start at half 8 or 9 or they'll pull the plug. I'm sure she thought she could break the rules as per. She's clearly decided she wants to start about 10pm ish this tour for whatever reason. Quite honestly, the stage looks SHIT in the daylight sounchecks we've seen so far so I don't blame her.

Having to start a show early is not a huge disaster as live shows go. But If they can cut Paul McCartney and Bruce Springsteen off in the middle of a song, they can do it to Madonna. The stage will look dull in soundchecks without any lights or videos. It will be fine!

Having to start a show early is not a huge disaster as live shows go. But If they can cut Paul McCartney and Bruce Springsteen off in the middle of a song, they can do it to Madonna. The stage will look dull in soundchecks without any lights or videos. It will be fine!

They've played some of the screen vids on soundchecks. I dunno if it's different screens or what but they don't show very well at all in daylight, certainly less so than S&S, but yeah i'm sure it'll be fine.

Who knows, with the ROYALS in attendance, she may even get some SPECIAL DISPENSATION or summat

Great. Taxi drivers have blocked Parliament Square in Westminster in protest of not being able to use the M4 game lanes. Traffic now starting to build up on Westminster bridge. Train it is then!

William Orbit confirmed via Twitter that he is attending tonight's show.

He's be standing close to the mixing desk - "the ideal spot for sound and view"

Everyone in the last pic looks really miserable. :( HAHA

:lol: I know. It looks more like Madonna has passed and they are there for a Madonna vigil, and not a Madonna concert.

Gosh what an embarrassment for M. There's hardly a soul there! :p

No but seriously, is that really from Live 8 or from today?

Edited by LCD