London Hyde Park, 17th July

markm

I was in GC the sound was fine.

My friends were in the general standing and they also agreed it was good. Apparently at Hyde Park at the side of the stage the sound was awful at Wireless.

8 girls from work went . One HATES Madonna but went and now thinks Shes Amazing. Job done

Sorry but if one pays a certain amount of money and then walks out they're arrogant impatient jerks and don't deserve to watch any concert at all.

I think a lot of the complaining is from people who expect her to perform the entire immaculate collection cd.

I think a lot of the complaining is from people who expect her to perform the entire immaculate collection cd.

thats how it goes for all casual fans. or most of them who can't make the link with "MDNA tour". ;)

It wouldn't surprise me if people left towards the end to avoid the crowds but it's being reported negatively. I don't get it but I've seen it at other major events.

As for the sound, I found it fine but it certainly wasn't deafening and I was right by the speakers. However, I noticed outside the event, during Martin Solveig's set, it get kepting louder then quieter as the wind changed. I'm sure if you're further back, that might have been an issue but they couldn't turn the sound up over its limits because of regulations.

Guest bluejean

The media always write these kind of stories even when its not true. It seems to me compared to that last disaster on S&S this show went pretty well.

IT WAS A REALLY NICE SHOW!

SHE SMILED! SHE LOOKED HAPPY AND MUCH MORE ENERGETIC TAHN PARIS!

SHE CYCLED HOME AFTERWARDS!

I SIMPLY LOVED IT!

May I also add, LMFAO were well good fun. Loved them

Yes, they were great. And yes, the backing dancers weren't the most polished but they suited the show. Just kids having a great time. It was a great set.

holymoly.co.uk review - mixed but fair

http://www.holymoly.com/music/pictures/50-pics-madonna-live-hyde-park-plus-our-review-mdna-show-london63745

The Evening Standard are claiming the crowd was bored and "hundreds" walked out.

http://www.standard....ow-7955956.html

THERE WERE PEOPLE on the floor even outside the park (you could hear and see good0 i am sure taht if you were not close you were missing a lot but the park was packed and everyone sinced to enjoy it.

Maybe the evening standard guy had to stand at teh very end as not invited in the press hall!

Daily Mirror MadonnanLoon Dean Piper review

'Laughable sound effects, and a venue that was the pits - but Madonna is still ahead of the crowd': Dean Piper's Madonna review

By Dean Piper |

Going to a Madonna concert is like a pilgrimage for me. I don’t do religion. Madonna is my faith.

I’d even go as far as saying Madonna raised me in some kind of way. During my formative years I listened when she spoke, I followed her music and adapted my taste to suit her new wave style and I fought for her with the bite of a rabid dog if people dared to question her.

So it was fair to say I was ridiculously excited when the Queen of Pop took to the stage at Hyde Park yesterday for her only London date of the MDNA world tour.

But I left the concert a little deflated.

Unlike some, I actually like MDNA as an album concept. It was far braver than many of her recent albums and I was genuinely excited about the album tracks being performed on stage.

And yesterday you couldn’t fault the production, choreography or design. It was stunningly beautiful and epic – she’s still leagues above any other pop act performer on tour right now.

But Hyde Park as a venue was the pits. The sound was low, the crowd was dull, the atmosphere sucked and I couldn’t get into the gig apart from a handful of moments.

The whole feel of a Madonna concert is being part of something extremely special. But having such a vast venue lead to problems. You could hear every single conversation around you over her vocals. Who knows, maybe the residents surrounding Hyde Park have finally insisted the volume is turned down – and it ruined the night!

Aside from the technical issues, the music was good. But not great. The set list was MDNA song heavy – seven in total. Littered in between were some of her biggest hits – but few nailed it for me.

Papa Don’t Preach ended far too early (you were just getting into it and then an average version of Hung Up started), Open Your Heart was a far cry from the powerful original and Express Yourself with a cheerleader theme lacked the power and substance of the chartopper first time around.

The thing about a Madonna concert is you always know the hits will be there – but they will be reworked and tinkered with. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don’t.

Fortunately she got it right with a stonking version of Vogue and the climactic version of Like A Prayer. New track Masterpiece worked as a stripped down version and her voice sounded great.

But her live vocals were messed with so much that she sounded like Stephen Hawking when she said: “Hello, London.” It was laughable.

The concert was saved by the Erotic section which included Vogue, The Erotic Candy Shop, Human Nature and a Like A Virgin Waltz in the style of Cabaret. The clothes, the moves and the dancers. It was a glimmer of the utter delight that the Girlie Show offered all those years ago and I was squealing with delight.

Madonna’s always managed to stay ahead of the crowd when it comes to live performance and she still is. It was just a show that you wanted a little more from.

Fortunately there will no doubt be another show to gear up for in a matter of years. That’s the thing about Madonna, love her or hate her - she isn’t going anywhere.

For all the photos from last night's concert, click here.

- I saw Brahim while i was queueing, he looks very very young and not really attactive, at least for me. The dancer during Like a Virgin is stunning, i'd like to know his name <3

Is Marvin Gofin but get in the line, I said he was mine first!

I hate the fucking autotune when she says "Helllo (name of the city here)"

I thought it was just me.

I don't know how they do it but couldn't they keep it off for a few more seconds?

Um I note the Daily Mail has gone from a positive review earlier to a negative one

http://www.dailymail...T-gig-ever.html

someone should comment asking why they have changed from a glowing review (is that even still online? i posted a link to it in this thread this morning) to a scathing review. such a shit fucking paper :lmao:

someone should comment asking why they have changed from a glowing review (is that even still online? i posted a link to it in this thread this morning) to a scathing review. such a shit fucking paper :lmao:

Unfortunately a lot of people are taking it seriously and media from other countries are reporting it as if it were factual. Its not funny anymore..