4 July - Gothenburg

Msig

Let's face it, Madonna bashing has been a press sport for 20 years. Sometimes they love, sometimes they hate her but I am somewhat confused this time that she got such positive album reviews universally and we all, for the main, agree the tour seems very strong that she's getting such bad tour reviews.

Lazy journalism? If she can't sell out completely, just say she's flopping. Black or white!

a lot of Europe's just in a bad mood really. could you imagine the Greece reviews? :rotfl:

Madonna went on stage at 10.30 p.m., making it the latest concert to have ever taken place at Ullevi.

Aftonbladet's reviewer, who the Copenhagen show very negatively, thinks that last night's show in Gothenburg was much better.

Anders Nunstedt of Expressen, hasn't reviewed the show as such, says that there were 40,000 people in the audience.

He did a live blog, though, revealing that he doesn't like the MDNA Tour versions of Hung Up, Open Your Heart or Like a Virgin. And doesn't understand the inclusion of Gang Bang or I Don't Give A. But he liked Vogue and Like a Prayer.

Gaffa gave a very positive 5/6 review of the show. With emphasis on 'show'. Their reviewer thinks that the setlist generally works well, and that the MDNA songs sound much better on stage than on the record.

well thats bull

whats up with this MDNA bashing? the bloody album got excellent reviews

maybe it has something to do with the media's love of lady gags??? true, they have always bashed madonna for thirty years, but not like this, at every moment they can.....and that huge stage cuts off most of that 60,000...and yes, lazy ass mutha fuckin journalism at its finest.

well thats bull

whats up with this MDNA bashing? the bloody album got excellent reviews

Maybe by most English-language media, but here in Scandinavia, press reviews of the MDNA album were mixed to negative.

Personally, I don't let press reviewers dictate my music taste, but quite a few people do... :-(

maybe it has something to do with the media's love of lady gags??? true, they have always bashed madonna for thirty years, but not like this, at every moment they can.....and that huge stage cuts off most of that 60,000...and yes, lazy ass mutha fuckin journalism at its finest.

Compared to Born This Way, MDNA received rave reviews by Scandinavian press reviewers..

According to some fans the entire world journalism is in Gaga's payroll :lol:

u never know!!!! lol

ya i suppose it doesnt matter what the media says because when the numbers come out that will shut them the hell up...whenever the boxscores come out - end of the european dates i suppose....as long as the people loved it - they will come back for more!

u never know!!!! lol

ya i suppose it doesnt matter what the media says because when the numbers come out that will shut them the hell up...whenever the boxscores come out - end of the european dates i suppose....as long as the people loved it - they will come back for more!

I don't really know where we access the boxscores but given the current media hostility i do not trust anything anymore.

Typical my bad luck, going to a Madonna concert and ending up with a food poisoning, I was so freaking sick that I could hardly stand on my feet :dramatic: not the way I was expecting to spend my time there :drama: The show was great though :confessions:

According to some fans the entire world journalism is in Gaga's payroll :lol:

Call me stupid if you want but it's not impossible. I always found weird the way she was ass-kissed all the time since the beginning of her career and how some negative things about her have not being talked about in the mainstream media. She's clearly protected by the medias for some reason.

Typical my bad luck, going to a Madonna concert and ending up with a food poisoning, I was so freaking sick that I could hardly stand on my feet :dramatic: not the way I was expecting to spend my time there :drama: The show was great though :confessions:

That really sucks! :thumbsdown:

Call me stupid if you want but it's not impossible. I always found weird the way she was ass-kissed all the time since the beginning of her career and how some negative things about her have not being talked about in the mainstream media. She's clearly protected by the medias for some reason.

It's only natural that the press to side with the latest hottest thing. They want the exclusives, the gossip etc for commercial reasons. I've been surprised as the last few months people are starting to question Gaga so soon after her rise. A lot of people are tired of her act. She's coming up for her third album and they'll turn on her if there is any deterioration in quality.

But yes, Madonna is the current whipping boy.

That really sucks! :thumbsdown:

Thank you, well at least I was there, and I did try to enjoy myself, sing and dance :cool: not that I always succeed :blink: but still I do not regret going :confessions:

I have to say that it did look like a lot of people left early, and it took a really long time before the stadium started looking more or less full... my guess is that 40 000 is more or less the amount of people who were there at most...

Edited by GeorgeDK

why do you guys focus so much on reviews?

Let's face it: Madonna doesn't have enough hardcore fans in Scandinavia to sell-out stadium shows up here.

And if one tour gets generally negative reviews, selling tickets to casual fans who didn't see or didn't like the show will become much more difficult for the next tour.

Considering that the Gothenburg show didn't reach its technical sell-out, as confirmed by the CEO of Live Nation Sweden, and that the Copenhagen show only barely managed to do so, I'm afraid that the next tour will skip Scandinavia altogether.

However, if Madonna does skip Scandinavia on her next tour, it's likely that it will be easier for her to sell ticket for what would be her last tour under her current Live Nation contract, in 5 or 6 years' time.

its funny how every artist never sells out, and the media doesn't even bat an eye

yet, when madonna doesnt sell out a few shows here and there - they are all on it - proclaiming SHE IS OVER! WE GOT PROOF THIS TIME! EVERYONE HATES HER! SHES OLD! WHAAA

lol bitches better learn

People never question it when she cries, or never called her out for going to prestigious schools (including kindergarten apparently) that only the rich or famous can afford. She obviously looked very normal or didn't dress up weird or did extravagant things pre-fame. They could find a lot of things to put he down that they would have in Madonna's case. Donating thousands of tickets or getting coupons when you buy one in Asia.. there are countless things that they're ignoring but would use against Madonna.

The reporting of Madonna crying is also very, very cynical - even over here in the newspaper that's often more neutral/trying to be objective. "is it her new stunt to get more publicity, are the crocodile tears working for you?" blablabla. they even reported the fake "gaga" tweet saying madonna offered a million dollar contract on one of her dancers which he denied because "he wants to remain faithful to the mother monster". :voiceofreason::newspaper:

Maybe a lot of people feel very strongly about the whole "gaga vs madonna" thing. It used to just be a "fight" among the fans, but the media are playing a huge part in it right now too. Obviously siding with "poor gaga" most of the time.

Because I go to watch the performer dance and sing! There's so much going on, I want to take it all in.

You don't get people going to operas singing along and dancing. They're watching a performance but they're not miserable.

I wonder if the guitar got broken in the crash? :roadrunner:

Somebody can't dance. :chuckle:

You folks need some sun :lol: Drama. The Italians, Turks, Spaniards, and Portuguese know how to party. I can't even imagine how "wild" the crowd in Vienna is going to be. :rotfl:

Scandinavians are hot but I guess a bit 'reserved'.

I'm telling you. That's why people are so stiff up there :lol: No sunshine.

You do realise how hot it gets in Sweden right?

Somebody can't dance. :chuckle:

Scandinavians are hot but I guess a bit 'reserved'.

You do realise how hot it gets in Sweden right?

Actually, someone can dance and wipe most people off the dance floor.

Is it so wrong to just want to watch Madonna at her concert?

Actually, someone can dance and wipe most people off the dance floor.

Is it so wrong to just want to watch Madonna at her concert?

No there's nothing wrong with that at all. If there's a moment I want to dance I'll dance. I don't treat it like a nightclub but I'm interactive and engaged with the show. The point is what's the point in going if you're gonna look like you're taking a degree exam final? When I was at stade de France there was a straight guy and hs gf next to me. He looked interested but petrified. I got him dancing. :D

From Tumblr

I have a friend in Sweden who just attended the MDNA concert and he shared his experience. Reading it made me so happy and made my day, so I thought I’d share the Madonna LUV with you guys :D:

I just got back from the Gothenburg show and all I can say is that this was the best night in my whole life!! Me and my two friends waited for 16 hours and I was the first person to enter the arena. All of the Early Entry holders got Golden Triangle passes so we stood right in the middle infront of the main stage.

Here is the best part. As she was rehearsing TUTR right in front of me, she points the mic right at me for a really long time, I go crazy and she just stares me in the eyes me singing every word and mouthing i love you in between the lines. She then tells me she loves me too, and after the song she stands and talks to us. And this is the even better part.

MADONNA AND ME HAVE A BRIEF CONVERSATION.

I say: We missed you!!

M: You missed me?

Me: Yes!

M: You missed me since when?

Me: Since 2009!

M: Yes, it’s been too long, so you’ve had three long boring inspirationless years?

Everybody laughs and she makes us promise to sing every word to every song.

That’s what I remember before breaking down in happy tears and having to sit down.

The show was AMAZING live and there are so many highlights, especially the intro (best intro ever) Gang Bang, Express Youself, Sagara Jo, TUTR, LAP and Celebration.

After Open Your Heart she asked us what song should I play next? I jump up on the fence and shout Masterpiece!!! Then she says “good, I was going to play that actually. You and me have a good connection” I break down again.

It’s just a dream come true, and I’m so envious of everyone who has yet to experience this magic show :)

http://tarns.tumblr....st-attended-the

Around 4:29 you can hear her tell him "I love you too"

She talked to them more after that, but I can't find a video of the conversation she had with him.

The photo posted above by Gutten was apparently taken about half an hour before M went on stage, according to mmasmusic21 in the Tribe forum, who saw the helicopter flying over the stadium when he went to the bar from the Golfen Triangle at about 10 pm.

The photo in the right lower corner of the montage below, from klorinhaxa.wordpress.com, was taken during the intro of the show, as M was entering the stage:

20120705-113846.jpg

As unbeliveable as it may sound, I think that the reports of only 23,000 people attending the show may have been accurate, even though Live Nation Sweden confirmed that about 40,000 tickets were sold.