4 July - Gothenburg

Msig

The 14th show of the MDNA Tour will take place on 4 July in Gothenburg, Sweden, at Ullevi.

Ullevi is the biggest Scandinavian stadium, with a capacity of 60,000 for concerts. Madonna previously performed two sold-out shows there in 2009.

Going to the show:GeorgeDK, Javamorsan, thelament - any others?

20090808_273_207292485.jpg

A truck loaded with sound equipment for Madonna's Gothenburg concert was involved in an accident on the E6 motorway around 7 o'clock this morning, just south of Gothenburg.

Traffic was blocked in both directions, resulting in long queues. Three additional cars were involved in the accident, in which two people were injured.

According to Live Nation Sweden, it remains unclear what caused the accident, or whether they will be able to go through with the show as planned.

lastbil1.jpg

lastbil8.jpg

how many shows is she doign this time??

If the show goes on as planned, just one. The Sticky & Sweet Tour received very negative reviews from Swedish media, and so did the opening Tel Aviv show of the MDNA Tour.

This has resulted in the Gothenburg show being far from sold out. I heard that ticket prices were recently reduced by 50%, but I don't know if that is true.

This has resulted in the Gothenburg show being far from sold out. I heard that ticket prices were recently reduced by 50%, but I don't know if that is true.

THANKS for this thread darl. I was seriously expecting this flop show to be the first one without its own thread on here... :chuckle:

The show's flopping hard here.

Not only did her last concert here+Tel Aviv get mixed/negative reviews, Expressen reviewed her concert in Copenhagen, the "journalist" giving it 2/5. The review itself was a fucking joke and i didn't even finish reading.

Live Nation/Ticnet haven't reduced the prices (yet), though. It's the scalpers, and they're selling them for really, really low prices...

I'm super-hyped over the show though, even though I'd rather see Madonna live somewhere else (Swedish concert audiences are fucking dreadful).

Expressen reviewed her concert in Copenhagen, the "journalist" giving it 2/5. The review itself was a fucking joke and i didn't even finish reading.

The reviews in the Danish papers were no better, the know it all guy in BT was putting the set-list up and naming Revolver as a MDNA song :chuckle: guess he was not a fan, and quite often that's the problem with critics, they do not really like the music they are paid to review :huh:

If the show is a flop, I guess there'll be a chance of seeing Madonna this time, last time in Copenhagen (2009) I could hardly see here :chuckle:

Edited by GeorgeDK

THANKS for this thread darl. I was seriously expecting this flop show to be the first one without its own thread on here... :chuckle:

The show's flopping hard here.

Not only did her last concert here+Tel Aviv get mixed/negative reviews, Expressen reviewed her concert in Copenhagen, the "journalist" giving it 2/5. The review itself was a fucking joke and i didn't even finish reading.

Live Nation/Ticnet haven't reduced the prices (yet), though. It's the scalpers, and they're selling them for really, really low prices...

I'm super-hyped over the show though, even though I'd rather see Madonna live somewhere else (Swedish concert audiences are fucking dreadful).

Super-hyped? You should be!

Last night's show in Copenhagen was amazing, even though the audience clearly didn't like much of what they heard. Apart from the people in the Golden Triangle, most people were standing like frozen statues during most of the show.

This is one for the hardcore fans!

OMG....it's a drama Queen invasion here......

How can be the Denmark show be labelled as a FLOP?? Do peace with your brain guys.....40k people at those price.....other singers will kill to have same attendance.....Lady Gaga the so called "act of the moment, LOOLLLL " is struglling since ages to sold out her venue in Denmark and is charging cheaper price.....!

I may agree that the crowd was cold....but no offence...the whole world knows that north europe crowd sucks big time.

I may agree that the crowd was cold....but no offence...the whole world knows that north europe crowd sucks big time.

Lol, I always wonder why people pay such heigh prices to go to concerts when they do not let go and enjoy themselves :chuckle:

Edited by GeorgeDK

Guy Oseary just tweeted that he is on his way from Copenhagen to Gothenburg now.

the setlist is not "casual fan" friendly at all

GGW,

Revolver,

GB,

HU weird vocoder version,

IDGAF.

people don't really know these songs, she's actually very lucky to get away with this setlist.

she should've opened the show with a hit at least

as a devoted fan its a different case

Lol, I always wonder why people pay such heigh prices to go to concerts when they do not let go and enjoy themselves :chuckle:

Because I go to watch the performer dance and sing! There's so much going on, I want to take it all in.

You don't get people going to operas singing along and dancing. They're watching a performance but they're not miserable.

I wonder if the guitar got broken in the crash? :roadrunner:

Because I go to watch the performer dance and sing! There's so much going on, I want to take it all in.

Well I can understand that you feel like that, but the people I'm talking about do not really behave like that ;-)

I wonder if the guitar got broken in the crash? :roadrunner:

I'm sure she'll have a replacement :laugh:

Because they are assholes. The only reason they go is because afterwards they can brag to their family members and colleagues at work that they spent 200 EUR a seat to see a boring show. It's more about the fact that they have the money to pay prices that are indeed top. I tell you, to be surrounded by those kind of people is the truly the worst. The atmosphere suffers so much. But I guess that's the result of charging sky high prices (and looking at the production you see where the money is, there is nothing cheap looking about the MDNA Tour, the production design is out of this world) it keeps many real fans away. It's a simple economic decision.

Super-hyped? You should be!

And I damn right am! :)

Been waiting for this for so long... Can't believe I'm actually gonna see her live!!

Anyone knows about bringing cameras to Ullevi? when I saw Madonna in Copenhagen no one seemed to care, but how about Ullevi?

I'm not sure, but people seem to get away with small digital cameras. I'm absolutely not sure though, as I've personally never been to a paid arena concert... But as usual, the ticket says that one's not allowed to bring any form of recording equipment.

How could you go to a concert like this and not dance, scream and sing along, I'm not seeing the show for another 2 weeks but watching the Youtube vids are enough to get me all worked up! Like these people must lead sad lives loool

ikr... whenever I go to a concert I try to enjoy it as much as possible, I always dance, scream and sing my ass off lol. People usually stare at me like i'm nuts for actually having fun but hey... at least i'm enjoying myself. :confessions:

OMG....it's a drama Queen invasion here......

How can be the Denmark show be labelled as a FLOP?? Do peace with your brain guys.....40k people at those price.....other singers will kill to have same attendance.....Lady Gaga the so called "act of the moment, LOOLLLL " is struglling since ages to sold out her venue in Denmark and is charging cheaper price.....!

Well, I don't know about the Copenhagen show, but selling 40,000 tickets out of 70,000 in Sweden really isn't up to Madonna standards.

But then again, it really isn't her fault though. The Swedish crowd is a joke. they seriously expect her to do "The Virgin Tour 2012" or something. She got overwhelmingly negative buzz after her last two concerts here (which sold out in an instance since it was her first visit in 19 years) with people mainly whining over her remixing/rearranging her oldies too much and blah blah blah.

I've just stopped worrying about how the Swedish press is bashing her and tickets were selling bad (I mostly worried cause I thought she'd cancel), as I am going there to have fun for myself. :sassy:

oh and about the north european crowds statement... damn right they do. shittiest audiences ever.

I'm not sure, but people seem to get away with small digital cameras. I'm absolutely not sure though, as I've personally never been to a paid arena concert... But as usual, the ticket says that one's not allowed to bring any form of recording equipment.

It was the same the last time I saw her in 2009, but as said no one really took any notice of my camera :wink: I've been searching the net for information and my conclusion is also that you can bring a small digital camera without getting into trouble... might depend on luck though :huh:

ikr... whenever I go to a concert I try to enjoy it as much as possible, I always dance, scream and sing my ass off lol. People usually stare at me like i'm nuts for actually having fun but hey... at least i'm enjoying myself. :confessions:

Lol, it's the same with me :rotfl: but I'm there to have a great time and could not care less how other people feel about that :chuckle:

Edited by GeorgeDK

You folks need some sun :lol: Drama. The Italians, Turks, Spaniards, and Portuguese know how to party. I can't even imagine how "wild" the crowd in Vienna is going to be. :rotfl:

Jeez, is Vienna going to be that BAD? I'm brazilian by i'm going on this one while travelling in Europe and then here of course...anyway, i will burn fucking Vienna down!!!

Jeez, is Vienna going to be that BAD? I'm brazilian by i'm going on this one while travelling in Europe and then here of course...anyway, i will burn fucking Vienna down!!!

Vienna crowd? A funeral! Prepare yourself.

Vienna was bad last time, yes, but it not the crowd alone but a combination of audience, venue and M having a bad day that led to the disaster that it truly was.

Austrian people aren't as "cold" as northern Europeans, it's just that they prefer classic rock concerts to "diva-shows". U2, the Stones, Lenny Kravitz ... even Pink, sell very well and the crowds are quite lively at their shows.

I didn't expect Madonna to come back, but I guess it's all a matter of money and Austria is one of the best-off Euro countries in these times ...

maybe the shows arent selling out this time around because of the HIGH COST OF TICKETS!!!!!!

the press has a way of spinning shit to make even some of her fans believing in their bullshit, nice