2 July - Copenhagen

Msig

anything a woman does over 50, hell 40, seems "desperate" to people...when males do it at that age they r praised

so fuck u danish press, lol

Lol, goes for 99% of the critics and press in the world, so filled with crape, ageism and rarely worth reading :laugh:

What exactly is she desperate for....

Money.... :thumbsup:

Beauty.... :sassy:

Fame.... :queenbitch:

Talent.... :confessions:

Success.... :superman::clap:

Attention.... :iloveyou::whore:

She can lay claim to all of these, and more, even today. Apart from personal goals, what else is there to achieve or prove...she's done it all :dazed:

Perhaps to be young forever.... :cher: I mean, who wouldn't? But these people are kidding themselves if they think she is in any kind of denial about how old she is. She just doesn't give a fuck....and nor should she. She has and always will do as she pleases.

These writers are the desperate ones.....desperate for someone to fail merely to justify their own, pathetic existence. Too dumb to realise that if they just stopped writing about her, maybe some of their dreams would come true. In the mean time, she will continue to be relevant whether that be to fans, for all the great things she continues to offer, or the haters, who just can't stop talking about her no matter what she is or isn't doing :doh:

So the biggest pop star alive goes to Denmark and this what they have to say about it? Anyway, i don't remember any relevant coming from Denmark in the last 100 years!

Well, maybe she'll just skip them next time. Don't like my show? Fine, fuck you. I'll add an extra show in Australia or Japan.

So the biggest pop star alive goes to Denmark and this what they have to say about it? Anyway, i don't remember any relevant coming from Denmark in the last 100 years!

If Madonna has to avoid every country where the critics have written crap about her I wonder what countries are left to visit?? and what has bad critics got to do with anything relevant coming from the country? some people really are drama queens... :chuckle: :chuckle:

Edited by GeorgeDK

Guest bluejean

Yes and what about Aqua? Are they not relevant? :lol:

In reality, this show probably is boring to non fans. It contains very few well known songs. I have not heard one real fan on this board say this show sucks. Not one. When Madonna is dead this show will be remembered as one of her best. The hit heavy Reinvention won't be thought about.

Yes and what about Aqua? Are they not relevant? :lol:

Lol, guess that depends on where you are, problem with Aqua is that can not be bothered to promote their music :chuckle: they think a few concerts are enough. Enoyed their last album, but compared to them Madonna got very good reviews by the Danish critics :chuckle:
In reality, this show probably is boring to non fans. It contains very few well known songs. I have not heard one real fan on this board say this show sucks. Not one. When Madonna is dead this show will be remembered as one of her best. The hit heavy Reinvention won't be thought about.
Judging by what I have seen so far the show is amazing, and I can not wait to see it later today :confessions:

Guest bluejean

Lol, guess that depends on where you are, problem with Aqua is that can not be bothered to promote their music :chuckle: they think a few concerts are enough. Enoyed their last album, but compared to them Madonna got very good reviews by the Danish critics :chuckle:

It was a rhetorical question because clearly they are not and never were of relevance outside of Denmark. They're a novelty act and the only Danish artist/band I've heard of. I don't understand why that is, surely Denmark has some good music??

It was a rhetorical question because clearly they are not and never were of relevance outside of Denmark. They're a novelty act and the only Danish artist/band I've heard of. I don't understand why that is, surely Denmark has some good music??

We sure do. Acts such as Anne Linnet, Nephew, Fallulah, Dúné, Aura Dione, The Raveonettes and Oh Land come to mind.

Commercially, though, the currently biggest-selling Danish act is Rasmus Seebach. His debut album, released in 2009, has so far spent 143 consecutive weeks in the Danish Top 40 Album Chart, including a record-breaking 28 non-consecutive weeks at #1. It was recently certified 11 x Platinum for sales exceeding 220,000 copies. His second album, released in late 2011, has so far spent 36 consecutive weeks in the Danish Album Chart Top 10, including 12 non-consecutive weeks at #1. It has already sold 160,000 copies (8 x Platinum).

I forgot to mention one thing:

Before the show, a guy in the Golden Triangle proposed to his girlfriend. Judging by the reactions of the other people inside the Triangle, she accepted his proposal.

:iloveyou:

this fight with ageism started before 20 years...but she is winning all the time since...nothing can stop her

Quite . Smash Hits in the uk started calling her Grandma after TGS and she was only 35!

We sure do. Acts such as Anne Linnet, Nephew, Fallulah, Dúné, Aura Dione, The Raveonettes and Oh Land come to mind.

Commercially, though, the currently biggest-selling Danish act is Rasmus Seebach. His debut album, released in 2009, has so far spent 143 consecutive weeks in the Danish Top 40 Album Chart, including a record-breaking 28 non-consecutive weeks at #1. It was recently certified 11 x Platinum for sales exceeding 220,000 copies. His second album, released in late 2011, has so far spent 36 consecutive weeks in the Danish Album Chart Top 10, including 12 non-consecutive weeks at #1. It has already sold 160,000 copies (8 x Platinum).

local acts come and go but Madonnas still stays

Just read Jyllands-Postens review of the show, which is actually quite positive, giving it a 4/6 rating.

"The show was different from anything the 53-year-old American previously did in Denmark. Respect for that."

"The show was heavy on songs from the MDNA album, which has flopped commercially, despite several positive reviews. And you could tell that most of the people in the audience obviously didn't know or like particularly many of the songs."

"She lipsynched a few songs, but during most of the show, she was singing live, almost note-perfect throughout."

The reviewer points out the Majorette/Basque segment as the highlight of the show, along with "Like a Prayer" and "Celebration".

It was a rhetorical question because clearly they are not and never were of relevance outside of Denmark. They're a novelty act

Well, the B.G hit might be a novelty song, but in general I do not agree, but then I really think all music is relevant... I do not like German Schlager music, but it's still relevant internationally, because other people enjoy it...

and the only Danish artist/band I've heard of. I don't understand why that is, surely Denmark has some good music??

Well, it's pretty much harder for artists from small countries to get their music heard WW, not many non UK or US acts have huge international carers, and that has nothing do with quality...

Just noticed that the Deluxe Version of Celebration is back in the top 20 of the Danish iTunes Albums Chart.. It has probably been there for a few days, I just didn't notice until now.

So the Copenhagen show did manage to promote one of M's albums, but not the one it was supposed to promote.

Speaking of Denmark:

If Madonna doesn't skip Denmark entirely on her next tour, I think she'll perform at CASA Arena in Horsens, a stadium with a concert capacity of 20,000-30,000, depending on the setup.

She could also easily sell out 2 shows at Jyske Bank Boxen in Herning, an indoor arena with a capacity of 15,000, where Kylie Minogue opened her Aphrodite Les Folies tour.

For the next tour she should go the Confessions way ... mostly arenas with a few stadiums here and there, not the other way round.

That or skip stadiums completely.

Doing a mainly-stadiums tour with an arena-sized stage should be forbidden!

Unfortunately, at the moment, Jyske Bank Boxen in Herning is the only Danish arena that is big enough to be considered for a Madonna show.

All other indoor arenas in Denmark have concert capacities of 10,000 or less.

I don't find Madonna provocative either, I just think the way she behaves or carries herself or whateva is how she is naturally inclined. Isn't it obvious?

yes now a days, its just how she is....not fake, or phoney, she acts the way she wants to...Madonna is who she is....unlike other pretentious acts

before she was beyond controversial....like no other

Just read Jyllands-Postens review of the show, which is actually quite positive, giving it a 4/6 rating.

"The show was different from anything the 53-year-old American previously did in Denmark. Respect for that."

:chuckle:

"The show was heavy on songs from the MDNA album, which has flopped commercially, despite several positive reviews. And you could tell that most of the people in the audience obviously didn't know or like particularly many of the songs."

isn't it obvious if they haven't heard them before

"She lipsynched a few songs, but during most of the show, she was singing live, almost note-perfect throughout."

really? I MEAN REALLY?

The reviewer points out the Majorette/Basque segment as the highlight of the show, along with "Like a Prayer" and "Celebration".

sure but whatabout Vogue/Candy Shop/HN/LAV? thats the real artistic highlight. Only fool can miss that.

Doing a mainly-stadiums tour with an arena-sized stage should be forbidden!

Weren't the stage setups for the CT and for the S&ST relatively arena-sized as well?

Weren't the stage setups for the CT and for the S&ST relatively arena-sized as well?

They were - so the MDNA Tour stage isn't any worse in this respect.

However, for the Confessions Tour, Madonna still did mainly arena shows, though she a third of the European shows and all of the Japan shows were stadium gigs.