2 July - Copenhagen

Msig

I really wanted to see this :( last time I was too depressed and this time I missed by two days because I was in England

will we ever meet again, Madge? :(

Unfortunately, at the moment, Jyske Bank Boxen in Herning is the only Danish arena that is big enough to be considered for a Madonna show.

All other indoor arenas in Denmark have concert capacities of 10,000 or less.

I hate that AFTER I move out of Herning, all the big names go there! Confessions in Horsens was a mistake, I enjoyed it immensely as I stood right in front of the stage but I can see why so many people felt left out because of the location that wasn't suited to a show like that at all

have any of the Danes here been to Jyske Bank Boxen? how's the sound? being the primary fault of Parken, that would be the big draw for me if I were to go

Following Madonna's Copenhagen show on 2 July, Celebration has re-entered the Danish Top 40 Album Chart at #22, almost 3 years after its initial release. :)

have any of the Danes here been to Jyske Bank Boxen? how's the sound? being the primary fault of Parken, that would be the big draw for me if I were to go

I've never been there, but everyone I know who's been there says the acoustics are quite good.

I don't think MDNA tour is arena sized, i was afraid to go to my first stadium concert in Coimbra, and i thought it was as close as Bercy, from the stand up parts at least

I've never been there, but everyone I know who's been there says the acoustics are quite good.

well that is good to know! only one problem remains then: it's in Herning :lol:

I don't think MDNA tour is arena sized, i was afraid to go to my first stadium concert in Coimbra, and i thought it was as close as Bercy, from the stand up parts at least

Considering that the stage fits inside arenas such as Barcelona's Palau Sant Jordi, Berlin's O2 World and Amsterdam's Ziggo Dome, it's clearly an arena-sized stage.

An proper stadium stage wouldn't have fitted into any of those arenas.

well that is good to know! only one problem remains then: it's in Herning :lol:

George Michael, Elton John, Rihanna and Lady Gaga have all performed sold-out shows at Jyske Bank Boxen - if they can, so can Madonna.

However, it would make more sense to do CASA Arena in Horsens.

I don't doubt that she can, Denmark is so small it's no problem to get there but it's a dead place, there's nothing to do before or after the show and if it ends too late and you came by train... well you're fucked. at least in Horsens I could stay at my mum's place. here's hoping! (or Malmø)

I don't doubt that she can, Denmark is so small it's no problem to get there but it's a dead place, there's nothing to do before or after the show and if it ends too late and you came by train... well you're fucked. at least in Horsens I could stay at my mum's place. here's hoping! (or Malmø)

Well, there's a new 15.000-capacity arena that's going to be built in Copenhagan. Hopefully, it will get built once Madonna does her next big tour. So M won't have to go all the way to Horsens, Malmo, Herning, or Aarhus.

But I don't know when (or if) this new arena will get built. Maybe some Danes here know better?

Well, there's a new 15.000-capacity arena that's going to be built in Copenhagan. Hopefully, it will get built once Madonna does her next big tour. So M won't have to go all the way to Horsens, Malmo, Herning, or Aarhus.

But I don't know when (or if) this new arena will get built. Maybe some Danes here know better?

Construction of the upcoming Copenhagen Arena is scheduled to start in a year's time, and the arena is planned to open in late 2015.

where? Ørestad?

where? Ørestad?

Yes, Ørestad Syd.

• 4 weeks later...

After the show, Danish music magazine Gaffa interviewed 4 people who had been in the audience, asking them 4 questions each.

Osman

30 years old, IT consultant

What do you think about the concert?

- The visuals were really good. The setlist and the sound quality mediocre. I'd probably rate it 5/10.

What was the highlight?

- The two last songs (Like a Prayer and Celebration) and the visuals. And the dancers were brilliant!

What was the bottom of the barrel?

- The setlist.

What do you think of the new version of "Like a Virgin"?

- It was ok. Nothing great, but good.

Mette

24 years old, sociology student

- Amazing! No less! It was awesome!

What was the highlight?

- Her energy throughout the show.

- It's difficult to point out any negative aspects of the concert, but I was disappointed that I didn't know all of the songs.

- It was awesome. I really liked that one.

Heidi

42 years old, kinderkarten teacher

- The visuals and choreographies were really good, but the sound quality was a pretty kettle of fish.

What was the highlight?

- I really liked "Masterpiece" from her new album.

- The sound quality. It ruined half of the songs.

- I didn't really like that. New versions are ok, but I had expected it to be closer to the original version.

Tommy

53 years old, works at the Copenhagen Airport

- I think she was good, but there weren't enough old songs.

What was the highlight?

- Her performance as such. She is amazing and in great physical shape. It's impressive!

- Her choice of songs. For a concert with a mainly middle-aged audience, a setlist with more emphasis on the 90s hits would have worked better.

- It was horrible! I don't like it when she rearranges her old songs do drastically.