Berlin - June 28

Nonoka

Soooo, who will be going?

I myself won't be going to the concert, but I wish everyone going to the concert much fun!!!

The location is the O2 World, it's an indoor-arena with a capacity of 17.000 seats (but I think for the MDNA concert, the capacity is around 15.000)

O2_World_Berlin.jpg

Sadly, here in Germany Madonna is quite disliked now. MDNA got teared apart and literally almost every news outlet - TV, newspapers, etc. - are very negative about her and even the more "qualified" newspapers which usually have intellectual articles are mocking her. The main topic is always her age - she's too old to be doing this or that, she's embarassing, obsessed with youth etc...And of course, Lady Gaga is the absolute media darling and the media's queen of pop.

But oh well, the German fans love Madonna and that's all that counts! :thumbsup:

Will be joining in the show! Can't wait to see the Queen tomorrow! Will have a five hour drive. Hope to come in time to get a good place!

She will rock Berlin! :Disco_Ball:

I'm in Berlin now (it took me 29 hours to get here....ugh!!) and it's raining (Freddy! ;)). I hope it stops before the queue starts to form! I actually suspect that there are already people queuing up overnight now for General Admission - I really feel for them :(

It's weird what they've done with the Golden Triangle tickets this time - the winners were informed a week ago, before the contest was even announced....!

29 HOURS! U DESERVE GT tickets just for that!

Thanks, but I know I won't get anywhere near the GT :( I know the show will be AMAZING, though!!! I'm just not looking forward to lining up for 12 hours before the show tomorrow :-/

two shows in this city?

i wonder why she would perform to such a small capacity?!?! i dont see how she could make major money from such a small gig (compared to her staduim audiences)

two shows in this city?

i wonder why she would perform to such a small capacity?!?! i dont see how she could make major money from such a small gig (compared to her staduim audiences)

at the same time tickets are more expensive through the whole arena

so 2 of those usually equals one big stadium

two shows in this city?

Maybe a stadium wasn't available?

Although, judging from S&S part 2, her drawing power in Germany was kind of on the wain. She cancelled the Hamburg concert, and Munich's Olympic Stadium only drew 35,127 people. If you look at the overall picture, she is doing a lot more arenas this time in Europe. I wonder if she's tapped that audience out a bit?

two shows in this city?

Cause she loves Berlin, Baby! ;)

The ticktes were quite expenssive so she makes enough money with two shows!

Although, judging from S&S part 2, her drawing power in Germany was kind of on the wain. She cancelled the Hamburg concert, and Munich's Olympic Stadium only drew 35,127 people. If you look at the overall picture, she is doing a lot more arenas this time in Europe. I wonder if she's tapped that audience out a bit?

Most of the Europe has had 3 Madonna shows in the last 5 years (S&S , S&S II and MDNA) , thats a LOT , even more than America

So no wonder shes doing arenas in some markets

I'm in Berlin now (it took me 29 hours to get here....ugh!!) and it's raining (Freddy! ;)). I hope it stops before the queue starts to form!

Wow! Don't let the rain get you down. It rains often in summer. Who are we kidding, it's almost always raining. Hence year round green grass. :)

Is Madonna in Berlin right now? Haven't seen hide nor hair of her since Portugal.

According to Bild.de: http://www.bild.de/u...91604.bild.html

On Wednesday evening at 20.24 clock landed Madonna (53) at the airport Berlin-Schönefeld by private jet from London. On board: ten companions, including her children Lourdes (15), Rocco (12), David (6) and Mercy (5).

Madonna spends the nights in the exclusive "Soho House".

• More than 20 rooms, the entire sixth Floor are reserved for 10 days completely sealed off and the card scanner in the elevator were reprogrammed.

Enjoy the shows!

Be prepared that the German media will rip her to shreds for every little negative thing that happens (like letting her fans wait to long, diva behaviour, you know travelling with her own furniture and gym, being old, lypsynching, not talking to the audience). It has already begun. Lots of media is making fun that there are tons of tickets avaiable for tonight because people try to sell them to see the semifinal Germany vs. Italy and that you can get those tickets for very little money. Of course spinning the truth and making it appear as if she cannot sell out the shows. Fact is there were additional tickets made available in the last weeks. More or less BEHIND the stage for EUR 87,00 and EUR 110,00. :ohmy: And when you check now, you can also get lots of prime seats directly across the stage that were obviously hold back for VIP's or something.

Probably they also released tickets now that had been given to AirBerlin etc and weren't sold. AirBerlin and other airlines/travel agents were offering packages with flights/hotel/seats

Apart from all of you have said, economical situation in Europe is critical, so that's also a factor.

M arriving in Berlin yesterday evening:

1zq5wd4.jpg

2i051ti.jpg

That's the location where she's staying, the SoHo house:

Soho-House.jpg

It isn't really a hotel, more like a building with appartements exclusively for VIPs.

As of now, the media is pretty quiet about her concert. The huge focus is on the football match today evening.

But I heard germany gave her raving reviews for MDNA tour in israel though..

That's not really true, the media was pretty quiet about the tour start too...The reviews were rather short and mixed. There was much buzz about her nipplegate, though (but of course negative).

Sadly, here in Germany Madonna is quite disliked now. MDNA got teared apart and literally almost every news outlet - TV, newspapers, etc. - are very negative about her and even the more "qualified" newspapers which usually have intellectual articles are mocking her. The main topic is always her age - she's too old to be doing this or that, she's embarassing, obsessed with youth etc...And of course, Lady Gaga is the absolute media darling and the media's queen of pop.

So she didn't sell out this time? :(

I'm not sure, but in recent days, many people sold their tickets again because they wanted to watch the football match today evening instead of the concert. But I don't think there are a lot of empty seats, though.

The concerts were sold out (or will be billed as sold out). They were even selling tickets BEHIND the stage and called it restricted view for 85 and 110 EUR. :ohmy: Yesterday or today they made a lot of prime seats available right across the stage and to the left and right of the stage. It's obvious those were for VIP's or something. So the shows are sold out.

I'm not sure, but in recent days, some people sold their tickets again because they wanted to watch the football match today evening instead of the concert. But I believe there still aren't too many empty seats.

But those re-sold tickets do not affect the revenues of the production. The production sold this ticket in the first place and if the seat is occupied or left vacant they don't care. Of course the media will spin this into a failure just like making a big deal about the fact that some people try to sell their tickets for tonight.

So Germany has really fallen off the radar?