So Why Was Love Spent Not Included In MDNA Tour Setlist?

markm

Ok, so one of the best songs on MDNA is not included in the setlist. Is it because she would have problems reaching the higher notes? Was the song ever part of setlist? Did she rehearse it then drop it? Seems a shame that we not going to hear the song live. Does anyone gave any info?

No info but I guess love spent and falling free were left off for personal reasons. She wants to have a good time on stage, not be depressed each night dragging up sad stories.

Didn't we hear that Madonna never really liked Love Spent and it was originally only gonna be on the deluxe edition! Maybe she just doesnt like the song that much!

I think that is much more likely than not wanting to perform a sad song considering she's using 'Best Friend' as an interlude.

Guest bluejean

Didn't we hear that Madonna never really liked Love Spent and it was originally only gonna be on the deluxe edition! Maybe she just doesnt like the song that much!

No we didn't. That is just fan speculation based on the fact it wasn't going to be on the standard album. But considering they went to the trouble to make a special acoustic version I somehow doubt she doesn't like it. I think it's simply that she cannot do all the new songs and this happens to be one of the ones that didn't fit into the show.

Some Girls, Falling Free and Superstar are not included either and I'm sure she likes those too.

Love Spent was never rehearsed. I don't know the real reason for it, but my guess is because she didn't feel it would fit anywhere in the show? I think every tour a fan favorite track has been left out. Oh well, maybe next tour in god knows how many years it'll be included.

I never thought it would get performed. I posted that months ago and someone here called me ridiculous for suggesting such a thing!

I think the second half of the song would be hard to get right live.

Shame because otherwise it is a great track.

Guest bluejean

'Ur daddy was gold digger, now dance with mama & her boyfriend!'

:rotfl:

I can't wait til Rocco grows up. He'll be one of those straight guys that cock teases gays, on a global scale.

maybe it's 2 personal/explicit, especially with Rocco being part of the show.

But shooting "daddy" in the head isnt too personal/explicit for Rocco????

But shooting "daddy" in the head isnt too personal/explicit for Rocco????

That's a lot more open 2 interpretation. It could easily b about David Banda's father wanting his son back.

Hence the inclusion of PDP. :fag:

Guest bluejean

I literally was guessing!

No disrespect to Madonna's vocal ability but to do Falling Free night after night would be very vocally challenging

Are you literally guessing here too? :laugh:

I was actually thinking maybe she'd switch out Masterpiece for Love Spent when she got to America. Someone here said the lyrics might be weird to sing to an audience that paid a lot to see the show, lol, I donno...

Guest bluejean

Maybe looool, but am I the only one that thinks FF might be difficult to pull off vocally on such a strenuous tour like this one!? Then again M is full of surprises

Range wise I wouldn't think it's any harder than Masterpiece. I think she could definitely do it and supposedly it was rehearsed. My guess is they opted for Masterpiece purely because its a better known song. Allegedly it was also considered in the slot of Like a Virgin but I am guessing Like a Virgin was favoured because it fitted the theme/storyline.

I would not be surprised at all if we see afew setlist changes here and there as the tour progresses. This is afterall the 1st time Madonna has done a tour non stop of this length.

Guest FrozenEyes

No info but I guess love spent and falling free were left off for personal reasons. She wants to have a good time on stage, not be depressed each night dragging up sad stories.

I don't know if I buy that. I mean shooting her lover in the head is ok though? :lol:

Love Spent is definitely one of the highlights of the album!!!! Wish it would have been included. I can kind of understand how she might not want to drag the concert down with slow/sad songs (Falling Free), but I don't really see Love Spent falling into that category.

Guest bluejean

That is very true! I bet she'll change it before the American leg and then again for Australasian and Asian??? legs! Something tells me Music is gonna come back! I can just feel it LOOOOL

The whole performance/choreography used for 'Celebration' would fit the original version of 'Music' perfectly. I hope she does that song in Australia since that is one song Australian audiences will love to hear. I also think 'Ray of Light' should replace 'Turn up the radio' or 'I'm a Sinner.'

I can kind of understand how she might not want to drag the concert down with slow/sad songs (Falling Free), but I don't really see Love Spent falling into that category.

IMO if performed Love Spent would be the Miles Away of this tour...

Guest FrozenEyes

IMO if performed Love Spent would be the Miles Away of this tour...

:americanlife:

What if it wasn't during the boring guitar section? :D

maybe it's 2 personal/explicit, especially with Rocco being part of the show.

:lmao:

It's a shame though. The setlist is sooo strategically organized and planned. It's hard to fit ANY extra song in anyplace. Most of all, this one. Musically, with the banjo, it would fit perfectly in the Basque section. But lyrically, it won't go at all. That's the problem. I can see Falling Free replacing LAV. But other than that, this setlist con't be touched.

The whole performance/choreography used for 'Celebration' would fit the original version of 'Music' perfectly. I hope she does that song in Australia since that is one song Australian audiences will love to hear. I also think 'Ray of Light' should replace 'Turn up the radio' or 'I'm a Sinner.'

Go home. :fag:

If there is going to be any changes, I would hope she adds Falling Free before I'm Addicted or Some Girls between Candy Shop/Erotica and Human Nature. Otherwise, the setlist is perfect. Love Spent is cool, but honestly it isn't necessary.

ooh the acoustic version would be lovely!

If she can manage to sing it in an elevator, then I could see it happening. But other than that, I'd hope she'd do the album version instead.