MDNA Tour costumes pale in comparison to S&S or TCT, right?

mtzlplk

Tour Costumes  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Which MADONNA tour of the new millennium have the best costumes?

• Drowned World Tour
    • Re-Invention Tour
    • The Confessions Tour
    • Sticky and Sweet Tour
    • MDNA Tour

I'm Addicted looks like it was from an abandoned Spamalot section.

spamalot_in_las_vegas.jpg

yeah I mean all costumes are inspired by something or come from somewhere.. whats the problem? it works great. unless you just want her to wear a cone bra the entire show..

It's close between MDNA and DWT. They both are consistently good throughout the show, I don't think there is a real bad costume in either one. My fave on DWT is punk section costume and for MDNA it's the masculine/feminine section. I think MDNA edges DWT though if only because I'd consider my fave from it better than my fave from DWT.

Errr, no. The MDNA Tour costumes are fantastic. Let's have a recap -

Drowned - very nice costumes.

Reinvention - generally okay, nothing really outstanding apart from the LaCroix corset.

Confessions - very nice costumes.

Sticky - generally okay, some abysmal stuff (the cyber-footballer thing for "4 Minutes").

MDNA - very nice costumes.

So there you have it.

I'm so surprised so many LOVE the CT costumes. Some of them were good, some of them were NOT.

I found the 2nd segment costume a bit boring. :nocomment:

And a lot of my friends find the Saturday Night Fever suit thing a bit naff. I think it's nice.

The Equestrian costume is life of course, the ABBA homage costume is fantastique and she looks better in it than the ABBA girls and of course the "Hung Up" corset is life remixed.

I found the 2nd segment costume a bit boring. :nocomment:

And a lot of my friends find the Saturday Night Fever suit thing a bit naff. I think it's nice.

The Equestrian costume is life of course, the ABBA homage costume is fantastique and she looks better in it than the ABBA girls and of course the "Hung Up" corset is life remixed.

I must admit, I think Agnetha rocks this costume more than M. It's iconic Abba. M was a bit camel toey.

madagnet.jpg

However, I do like the 4 Minutes football player costume. It's one of my favorites from that tour. And yes, I think I would prefer the cone bra over the knight's costume for I'm Addicted. I will see how it works live though as I've only watch

I love the MDNA Vogue costume. I wish he'd done more. It looks like a tour costume. Slightly impractical but aspirational.

Suedehead is right. It looks better on Madonna, our girl has the body for it.

My only complaint with the costumes was that it was outfits we've already seen (even though she's done that before in previous tours)

74437781.jpg

79641344.jpg

24827838.jpg

I really did love the feather jacket during ILNY. That tour truly is an homage to all things disco and the 70's! :wow:

DWT

Amen.

I think each tour has had its strong section, but DWT had a number of them...loved the punk/rock, the geisha with a condor's wingspan, the cowgirl, and the sleek, but sexy Latina gypsy look.

But what about MDamazingNA? That's what this topic is about. But I haven't seen the full show, so I can't properly judge. BUT, the opening costume is sexy. LOVE THE BOOBS. The MAJORETTE outfit is cute and regal, NO COMPLAINTS!! Don't know what's going on during the basque section, is that a trashbag? if so, LUV ET! Everything about the outfits in the following section is A++++. Now the closing, it's shiny and new. I think I like it. It makes Marge's eyez sparkle like a brush or a dime, dunno.

So oeverall, I think I'd rank MDNA at #1 with RIT at the bottom.

She outdid herself with this tour.

thank you for calling it a Majorette outfit. if i see a fucking cheerleader reference one more time....

I AGREE WITH everything yous aid though. MDNA tour is so fresh and FUN! SO MANY wardrobe changes within each section!

Errr, no. The MDNA Tour costumes are fantastic. Let's have a recap -

Drowned - very nice costumes.

Reinvention - generally okay, nothing really outstanding apart from the LaCroix corset.

Confessions - very nice costumes.

Sticky - generally okay, some abysmal stuff (the cyber-footballer thing for "4 Minutes").

MDNA - very nice costumes.

So there you have it.

+++1

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Speaking from the perspective of someone who became a fan in the Confessions era, I really don't understand the appeal of the Drowned World Tour costumes. I know they're important in terms of Madonna canon and they are inspired, but they just aren't anything special in my opinion (outside of maybe the Geisha costume).

Re Invention tour was the worst. They all looked so home made for cheap theater production . I thought costumes from SS was borrowed from Lourdes' wardrobe . Sometimes i wished she would use and ALL out designer to do the WHOLE costumes for the tour again like BAT,GS and even DWT. Now she is using Arianne Phillips and her wardrobe dept and everything looks a bit cheap to be honest .

Guest Xanthium

I have a hard time picking which tour had the best costumes since almost each tour had at least one amazing outfit (S&S didn't unfortunately). The Renaissance outfit from Re-Invention is LIFE but the rest of the outfits for that tour were meh. Confessions was pretty good with the riding outfit being the best. I guess I would have to go with Drowned World because I love the punk and geisha outfits so much. For the MDNA tour I love the Transgression outfit the best, so sleek and 50's bad girl!

^ WTF IS THAT :rotfl:

Drowned World - All costumes ranged from good to excellent, thanks Gaultier.

Reinvention - LaCroix corset was great, the rest was downright unacceptable. I will never be able to forgive the hip-hop kilt.

Confessions - I liked all the costumes to varying degrees, right down to the campy encore section. Thank you again Gaultier.

Sticky & Sweet - the opening costume is amazing, one of my favorites; when she gets down to least amount of clothing (Vogue), it's total iconica. I like the 80s hipster outfit, and the gypsy wear too. But it all falls apart during the encore; bad place to lose your momentum.

MDNA - OMG, iconica du jour. The Joan of Arc thing doesn't translate the way it was intended to onstage, so instead it looks like this hippy cultish thing, and it works since there are elements of that in the encore. We all love Transgression - how could we not? She looks perfect. The obvious highlight of this tour is the iconica Gaultier wear with the shirt and pants, and the skeleton cone bra. I mean what an amazing, inspired look. I can't get over how MADONNA she is in that section. The majorette outfit is 'luxe as well. I'm not a big fan of the Basque costume until she gets to Turn Up The Radio, then it looks good.

MDNA and DWT are the best. the new cone bra plus the opening 60s villain, the clown backing dancers, the masked dancers during hung up, the jpg costumes for everyone are all incredible.

Speaking from the perspective of someone who became a fan in the Confessions era, I really don't understand the appeal of the Drowned World Tour costumes. I know they're important in terms of Madonna canon and they are inspired, but they just aren't anything special in my opinion (outside of maybe the Geisha costume).

i agree...nothing about that tour knocked my socks off...kinda liked the opening segment, after that, couldnt give a toss about any of it. and that pimp ho ending was ridiculous

i agree...nothing about that tour knocked my socks off...kinda liked the opening segment, after that, couldnt give a toss about any of it. and that pimp ho ending was ridiculous

same thing here

I think the lack of color is whats bothering me the most. S&S was absolutely the worst for me but I agree it can be hit or miss depending on the theme. I actually like the reinvented cone bra segment the most. It brings back that iconic MADONNA look that I have dearly missed these past few tours. Also the hair in this section too brings out the beauty in Madonna. I dont think it makes her look to old. The poof, oh well, much better than the sarah jessica parker, scream mask look from S&S