MDNA Tour costumes pale in comparison to S&S or TCT, right?

mtzlplk

Tour Costumes  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Which MADONNA tour of the new millennium have the best costumes?

• Drowned World Tour
    • Re-Invention Tour
    • The Confessions Tour
    • Sticky and Sweet Tour
    • MDNA Tour

I really can't vote for any of the shows. I feel they are all hit and miss in the costume department.

I feel the same. I think the costumes for VT, BA, GS and WTG are all so much stronger than the later tours. I loved the LAV for CT but can't really think of many others that looked that great.

And what the hell is that Knight's costume for I'm Addicted? Did Rocco design that based on his Playmobil figures?

I feel the same. I think the costumes for VT, BA, GS and WTG are all so much stronger than the later tours. I loved the LAV for CT but can't really think of many others that looked that great.

And what the hell is that Knight's costume for I'm Addicted? Did Rocco design that based on his Playmobil figures?

I agree. Even if she does great shows nowadays, there is no doubt that her 80's/90's costumes were far superior. She still works with some of those people like D&G and JPGaultier but they are definitely not as creative as they used to be.

The worst to me goes for RIT. Besides the corset everything is very poor.

I mean couldn't she fashioned this a little bit?

madonna-reinvention-tour-live-in-lisbon-dvd-f216.png

The first thing she ever wore live and still the best. Iconic, original, unique. Everything since has never topped it. The BA cone bra is also up there but nothing in the last decade matches this for striking design.

73603_madonna-performs-during-the-opening-of-the-virgin-tour-in-seattle-1985.jpg

Drowned World Tour got the best

- Punk was amazing (and also because she change it many times - Love all of them)

- Geysha

during frozen / nobody's perfect was perfection

durgin mer girl / sky fits heaven was fun

- Cowboy then that shirt in HN

- Elegant during WIFLFAG and LIB / Fresh during Holiday & Music

the hair on the other hand was :ohmy: for the TV broadcast and DVD

Guest FrozenEyes

CT's the best, but MDNA isn't too far behind from the little I've seen. Already looks better than SS.

The unitard and bathing suit in CT were just..., okay. Infact, most of the costumes from CT were just leftovers she wore the previously year.

RIT is the WORST! :scared: , s following that would be CT (I did like the opening number and the travolta white tux)

DWT had some gorgeous outfits. The various outfits she had for the first section were refreshingly beautiful. I loved the whitetrash/cowgirl getup. The jacket and pants it prob one of my most fav outfits of hers ever! And how can you forget the outfit she wore during the spanish set. SEXY AZ FUQ.

So as I'm typing this, I'd prob rank DWT as #1.

Now onto S&S. The Candy Shop outfit is to die for! She looked slammin, it was even better for round 2 with the new and improved jacket. I have no complaint with the 80's hoodie and booty gym shorts. It was cute. Didn't care for that strawberry one she wore for certain nights. And the skirt in round 2, that was some bleu cheeese bullshit, and I don't even like bleu cheese. The gypsy costume is everything, if you didn't like it well then i'm sorry you don't have taste. Even that big fat cloak she covered herself in during that crappy-overproduced -Twinkerlake-ballad-that-sounded-not half bad live- was pretty cool. Oh and that whole football rave getup, :lol:

Since I liked most of the outfits from sticky, I'd rank that at #2. But what about MDamazingNA? That's what this topic is about. But I haven't seen the full show, so I can't properly judge. BUT, the opening costume is sexy. LOVE THE BOOBS. The MAJORETTE outfit is cute and regal, NO COMPLAINTS!! Don't know what's going on during the basque section, is that a trashbag? if so, LUV ET! Everything about the outfits in the following section is A++++. Now the closing, it's shiny and new. I think I like it. It makes Marge's eyez sparkle like a brush or a dime, dunno.

So oeverall, I think I'd rank MDNA at #1 with RIT at the bottom.

She outdid herself with this tour.

I don't think the MDNA costumes are that amazing, they just fit in the show without causing too much impact. The best so far in the millenium are the DWT costumes that causes an impression on their own. Maybe she doesn't really care too much about it and just wanna put a show with pratical costumes rather than elaborated beautiful ones.

Now the closing, it's shiny and new. I think I like it. It makes Marge's eyez sparkle like a brush or a dime, dunno.

that outfit is really amazing and yeah, she looks really good in it. I think it was inspired by Joan of Arc, right? The neck piece is beautiful.

However, after I'm A Sinner, she puts on those weird Adidas sleeves or whatever they are... I don't like them.

Well for the masculine/feminine section she wears pants and a cone bra. We have alteady seen it, she is obviously calling back her iconic BA look, so there wasn't so much thought in it, they didn't create an entire new concept, just developed an old one to fit the show.

i voted for Confessions. Loved the boots she wore in i love new york and drowned world etc. Sticky and Sweet, the WORST. those gym clothes, the white sunglasses and the outfit in 4 mins and the bangs...wow...just horrific. I never felt the costumes in any tour were great all the way through. Even BA i loved the opening outfit, but the stuff in cherish was terrible and the outfits for VOGUE seemed uninspired. thank god Vogue costumes improved over time. in the girlie show, loved the clothes in the opening segment, but the trench coat stuff in holiday was gag. it seems her opening numbers always kill

Guest Not4Pussies

1-DW - every single one of them. perfection

2-MDNA - i am liking all of the costumes. she looks great in all of them

3-CT - all of them were great except for the skanky leotard at the end

4-SS - Givenchy, i love you - football player costume, the worst

5-RIT - besides the corset for the opening, everything else was uneventful. who even designed those costumes?

Bar the opening, RIT had by FAR the worst costumes, S&S was a bit uninspired but not that bad. The best are DWT, Confessions and MDNA but as others have already stated, the tours in the 80/90s were in another league costume-wise

IMO, CT is the best, overall, but MDNA comes a very close second, followed by S&S.