Do you sometimes wish that TUTR was not a guitar routine?

mtzlplk

Though we cannot do anything anymore, TUTR for MDNA will continue to be a guitar routine... I really wish she'd do a nice dance routine for this nice dance gem...

yeah, i think it's a great song and she coulda done a lot more with it - same time - i appreciate her actually playing an instrument. if my madonna memory serves me right, she could also be back there bangin on drums singing it... so let's be glad, i guess that it's a guitar =)

Guest bluejean

:lmao: oh Acko.

Turn Up The Radio, as much as I love it, I imagine a performance of it would be abit 'Music' sticky and sweet esque, ie nothing spesh. So I think its perfectly fine the way they've done it.

The guitar songs are always inevitable and I can't imagine what else in the setlist would be suited to it. Better that than Like a Prayer. I am surprised Open Your Heart and Masterpiece are not guitar numbers actually.

I actually think on this tour the guitar is used better than on some of the past tours. It's used in a more subtle more natural way, not the obnoxious stereotypical "rawk" type of way as on Hung Up and Borderline on the last tour. I like the guitar for some reason better on newer songs like TUTR or I don't Give A than trying to turn older songs into guitar songs.

I actually think on this tour the guitar is used better than on some of the past tours. It's used in a more subtle more natural way, not the obnoxious stereotypical "rawk" type of way as on Hung Up and Borderline on the last tour. I like the guitar for some reason better on newer songs like TUTR or I don't Give A than trying to turn older songs into guitar songs.

I completely agree. I think the new songs lend themselves quite well to the guitar and I think TUTR is a great guitar pop song. It's when she brings it out to murder a classic that it's regretable.

Although it would've been nice, it's obviously not going to happen so I'm totally agreeing with Glindathegood.

Anyway nothing is more perplexing to me then seeing I'm Addicted's routine...that left me confused.

Turn Up The Radio is a 'shake your ass, stomp your feet with yours hands in the air and dance your tits off' kind of song so I have no idea why they made it a boring guitar rendition. Snoozefest! The guitar version was probably so she could have a bit of a rest. :snore:

Turn Up The Radio is a 'shake your ass, stomp your feet with yours hands in the air and dance your tits off' kind of song so I have no idea why they made it a boring guitar rendition. Snoozefest! The guitar version was probably so she could have a bit of a rest. :snore:

This. I was expecting a lot of dance for this song. The song should have been near the end between I'm a Sinner and Celebration.

Before the tour started I thought it was going to be the closing song of the show, it's so danceable and fun, I did imagine a kick ass performance and never, never would have thought this song has anything to do with a FUCKING guitar

Definitely. The song should CLOSE the concert and not be a Madonna guitar moment lost somewhere in the middle of it... i just don´t understand why she used Celebration for that, ok the song is called Celebration, but this is not a song to close a concert, it´s so WEAK! Give it 2 me at least on S&S had that interaction moment that worked pretty well and gave the feeling of a proper ending.

BTW, Express Yourself the same. Maybe for her farewell tour she can perfom her songs as they were recorded, back to her roots. Sometimes less is more i think.

I haven't seen this part of the show (or most of it) so I can't tell... But I'm confused by some of these comments so I'd like clarifications:

1) Like in I Love New York, are there are least dancers doing a routine at some point?

2) Is the backdrop and/or lighting amazing?

3) This one's impossible to answer (for most of us), but what are the chances the video will be somehow incorporated into the routine? I have seen some stills for this moment so I know that the video doesn't seem to be inspired by the live performance at all.

Guest bluejean

The video and the live performance seem totally different. This video looks very 60's inspired whereas the live performance has cassette's in the background. Isn't that more of an 80's thing?

I don't mind the guitar for TUTR but I wished somebody else was playing it instead of Rockadonna!

When I first heard the album, I would've never pegged this song or "I Don't Give A.." to be guitar tracks. I thought for sure it would dragged out for songs like "Love Spent" and "Masterpiece."

Having only seen clips though, it seems to work. I am not bothered by it like I was with "Hung Up" on S&S. Guess I will make a final judgement when I see her in October.

I get how some might think this was an odd choice for a guitar song, but when you're there it's actually a tour highlight. The song works and the crowd gets into it and into her performance.

The performance works perfectly fine. In fact, in Copenhagen, "Turn Up the Radio" and "I Don't Give A" were among the MDNA songs that were received the best by the audience.