Getting into the pit with normal standing tix?

Nonoka

Hey guys, I didn't find any specific thread for my question, so I'll just ask it here, maybe someone does know something:

My friend bought tickets for the Helsinki show through viagogo and they have just arrived now (I can't go with him, as I'll have classes then). However, he realized now that he accidentally bought normal standing tix, instead of Golden Gircle or Early Entry (I told him he may get into the pit with GC/Early Entry tickets). So now he either wants to sell them or keep them, but only if there's still a chance for him to get into the pit.

I told him that there may be a chance if he queues early enough, but I'm not really sure. All I really know is that you have to touch an iPad or something like that.

So does someone know here - is there's a chance to get into the pit if you only have normal standing tix?

i think u can get into the pit only with EA tickets....and even with that it's not sure....

but for me the best place is outside the piton the right end of the pit, or central...

Guest CandyPerfumeBoy

I think you just have the chance with golden circle tickets or early access... they go to both queues (the one for EA and GC) and do the ipad game.... well I bought normal standing tickets (because for the germany-shows there's no golden circle) and won pit tix for both Cologne and Berlin as I am an Icon member

Guest Lovesong

I think you just have the chance with golden circle tickets or early access... they go to both queues (the one for EA and GC) and do the ipad game.... well I bought normal standing tickets (because for the germany-shows there's no golden circle) and won pit tix for both Cologne and Berlin as I am an Icon member

how is that possible? the icon contest for berlin and cologne hasn't started yet. they will start soon.. near the show date.

Guest Lovesong

I heard you can have a chance with field tickets to get a golden triangle ticket.. at least when you are legacy icon member or live pass. (sometimes the contest is for both, sometimes it's only legacy) but when you are in the queue without a golden circle/early entry... I doubt it. i think it depends on the venue if they are only doing the early entry or not. in Barcelona.. someone I know that was in line the night before the concert, with normal general admission. he got a golden triangle ticket. (in the arena's there is only general admission.)

CandyPerfumeBoy - how did you win Pit tickets for the German shows? They haven't given them away yet (unless ICON organised a different contest...?).

Vande - do you mean the right side facing the stage or stage right (i.e. the left side of the triangle facing the stage)?

I heard you can have a chance with field tickets to get a golden triangle ticket.. at least when you are legacy icon member or live pass. (sometimes the contest is for both, sometimes it's only legacy) but when you are in the queue without a golden circle/early entry... I doubt it. i think it depends on the venue if they are only doing the early entry or not. in Barcelona.. someone I know that was in line the night before the concert, with normal general admission. he got a golden triangle ticket. (in the arena's there is only general admission.)

Agreed. If all else fails you gotta find Guy Oseary or some woman with blonde hair who walks around before the show and work some magic to get pit tickets.

I'm thinking of making up a sad story about myself and sending it to Guy O so he can give me a free pit ticket. Then when I'm there I'll record a video and upload it on youtube where I say "ha, I'm not a paraplegic! Now get a real job you asshole!"

CandyPerfumeBoy - how did you win Pit tickets for the German shows? They haven't given them away yet (unless ICON organised a different contest...?).

Vande - do you mean the right side facing the stage or stage right (i.e. the left side of the triangle facing the stage)?

right side facing the stage....near the tip (or head of the triangle, my english is as bad as my driving abilities...) of the triangle, it's where she points the mic to sing like a prayer and it's the side of triangle where most of the action happens, and you see her face when she sings LAV....moreover u don't lose all the action that happens on the stage while she on the head of the triangle....luckly i had EA for rome and i didn't win the pit... as for the contest, the girl with the ipad let play all the EA ticket holder...it's more casual for the golden circle ticketers...in florence she ran away after two seconds from the cue 'cause of the chaos happened when people swa her, but i guess it depends on the venue....if u're on the pit u stay comfortable and see her when she's on the main stage but lose all the rest...that's my opinion of course..don't accept responsibilities... :sassy:

to make u understand here's a clip from rome...i was next the guy who filmed it....of course u must have EA ticket and run fast to occupy "front row". however in rome there weren't too much EA ticket holders and an incredible girl who had field A ticket (and who's pregnant....) was able to run next to us...

look at 2:17...orgasmic...

in the other video of the same guy u can hear me singing......horrific

hope to have beem useful

I'm thinking of making up a sad story about myself and sending it to Guy O so he can give me a free pit ticket. Then when I'm there I'll record a video and upload it on youtube where I say "ha, I'm not a paraplegic! Now get a real job you asshole!"

:dead:

9kt0s3.png

The EA is a different queue from regular GC, In Rome the IPAD didn't even make it 2 the back of the EA queue :lol:

They do pick a few people from regular GC though, mainly the ones her entourage (Guy & the others, he actually scans 4 familiar fan faces & walks around the GC) consider 2 look like fans who wanna have fun, so dress up, make t-shirts etc... That freak Israel from Australia who's been to 270 M gigs always gets in the pit, he's sorta treated VIP by M's staff. I think they let in a group of bears with 'Bear Gone Wild' shirts in Rome. :D

The EA is a different queue from regular GC, In Rome the IPAD didn't even make it 2 the back of the EA queue :lol:and jumped the middle of the queue, where i was, 2 or 3 people from me :tongue:

They do pick a few people from regular GC though, mainly the ones her entourage (Guy & the others, he actually scans 4 familiar fan faces & walks around the GC) consider 2 look like fans who wanna have fun, so dress up, make t-shirts etc... That freak Israel from Australia who's been to 270 M gigs always gets in the pit, he's sorta treated VIP by M's staff. I think they let in a group of bears with 'Bear Gone Wild' shirts in Rome yeah!! i've seen it too. :D

I wanna be totally Verucca Salt about it and hope for the best.

I know we are supposed to be old but what's with the references?

Please use references of this century at least so people can actually understand what you are trying to convey.

Thanks xoxo

Israel isn't a freak - he's awesome and extremely loyal to his friends :)

Vande, grazie delle informazioni! Parli/scrivi benissimo l'inglese, non preoccuparti!

In Barcelona they did the iPad game for both Early Ticket and General Admission. So I guess it depends. Anyway, good luck!

No, it's pretty basic, you just have to click on the button. If you win, it says "NEXT GUEST" in green. Not sure of what happens if you don't.

I guess it depends. For Barcelona they had early entrance and general admission only for the floor level. They gave the early ticket holders the opportunity to win the golden triangle *twice* before going to thee general admission line and, from what people who were in the golden triangle the previous night, at first the odds of winning are higher and, as more people win, new winners become less and less frequent.

I joined the line around 6:30am and was #56. Out of those 55 who were before me, about 5 won as well, but the girl went further through the line until all winners were selected and that included people who probably arrived there just a couple hours before.

Thing is, once you win, they give you a bracelet that allows you to get inside the triangle, but you still have to get inside the venue in the same line and order you already were, so either way being early does help.

Israel isn't a freak - he's awesome and extremely loyal to his friends :)

Vande, grazie delle informazioni! Parli/scrivi benissimo l'inglese, non preoccuparti!

of course he's a freak, i meant that as in Madonna loon, like me. My friend is friends with him. :fag:

BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION IS....WHO THE HELL ISRAEL IS??

AND WHAT THE HELL THE SONG I, FOR 10+ YEARS, SUPPOSED WAS CYBERRAGA AND INSTEAD AT ROME I FOUND IT WASN'T???? :ohmy::huh:

Guest CandyPerfumeBoy

I don't know ho this happened... I just received an e-mail with the information that I won golden circle tickets.. I did not have to registrate here... it was in cooperation with the german ticket seller "eventim"

CandyPerfumeBoy - that's brilliant! Icon changed the rules this time. You're the second person I've heard of who got an email from eventim last week (they sent the email before Icon had even announced that they'd changed the rules!). Only people who bought tickets in the pre-sale were eligible, so well done! Did they give you one or two GT tickets? Have a great time!!! :)