A 34 Year Old Madonna Defends Her 54 Year Old Self

Ai Papi Si.

Guest jamesshot

Excellent! Though I love how everyone always adds a year to whatever Madonna's real age is. I guess Madonna was born 1. LOL.

Guest bluejean

I love this quote. And I think its great that she recognised that so early on and has lived up to her word. But clearly it was something she was forced to think about since they were constantly asking her questions about what she'll be doing in the future.

I recall Kylie Minogue in her 20's saying she couldn't see herself "in fishnets at 40." :lmao:

Guest Pud Whacker

[media=]

[/media]

Prophecy......PROPHECY. *echoes*

:clap:

people still cant take a person that does what THEY want to do.

Ah yes Jonathan Ross with his lilac suit which she slagged. I felt sorry for her cause that is when all the "she is OLD" stuff started happening - and true she looked a little worse for wear than she did in 1990.

But for God's sake, she can't help that genetically she doesn't have the soft baby faced look, and also her olympian work(out) rate and insomnia wouldn't help. Whatevs.

Excellent! Though I love how everyone always adds a year to whatever Madonna's real age is. I guess Madonna was born 1. LOL.

:rotfl: Yes, but when we get in the next year it always happens.. even though her bday is in the late summer. :lmao:

• 2 weeks later...

Ah yes Jonathan Ross with his lilac suit which she slagged. I felt sorry for her cause that is when all the "she is OLD" stuff started happening - and true she looked a little worse for wear than she did in 1990.

But for God's sake, she can't help that genetically she doesn't have the soft baby faced look, and also her olympian work(out) rate and insomnia wouldn't help. Whatevs.

Yes, the old stuff started around 1992, particularly in Smash Hits.

I think she looks great here, great makeup.

Bless her.

Yes, the old stuff started around 1992, particularly in Smash Hits.

I think she looks great here, great makeup.

Bless her.

I love how you refer to smash hits when talking about the digs at her age! lol Its true, i remember being so heartbroken when they started bullying her and stopped the special features and covers etc :(

this shit is so sexiest

Ageist more like. 54 year olds are supposed to watch Antiques Roadshow? Wtf. I hope people complained about that article, ageism should be made as big an issue as sexism, discrimination towards the disabled etc. She's not senior citizen/retirement age for god's sake.

I especially love how people preach how "boring" and "over" or "irrelevant" Madonna is, yet continue to publish and reblog Madonna-related material all over the internet/media. Whether you applaud her or hate her, the woman gets you thinking and gets your juices flowing! Ain't nothing like the real thaaang ;) Madonna will ALWAYS be Madonna!

• 3 years later...

Prophecy......PROPHECY. *echoes*

PROPHETIC indeed, this post. :wow::asian: I can't tell you how sick I am of hearing about ageism here but you hitherto heard Madonna talk about it much herself.

At this time she started to be called old (partly cuz she looked her age/older by now) and I remember the MTV Girlie and Ruby Wax interviews talking about wrinkles or something. :lol: She was asked about plastic surgery then too and said she wouldn't like the pain but wanted whoever did Catherine Deneuve.