June 21 - MDNA takes over Barcelona again!

Je5u5

Because we need a place to discuss the 2nd Barcelona show as well :D

Anyone else going?

:Disco_Ball:

Been playing MDNA non-stop this week in anticipation :thumbsup:

Ended up going to both shows :D

For this one I got to the Palau Sant Jordi around 6:30am and started queuing with the fans who slept over. When I got there there were over 50 people already. From what I heard, more fans did that for the first one.

They allowed us to go to the proper doors around 11:00am and then stood in line until 5:30pm when they did the iPad lottery thing for the golden triangle. I WON TICKETS! It was so fucking exciting but I had to kinda downplay it a bit because most of the fans who I met and hung out with during the day didn't win and were dissapointed.

We could hear the soundcheck from outside. It was spoilers galore for the ones who didn't know the setlist because they did several songs: "Girl Gone Wild", "Revolver", "Gang Bang", "I Don't Give A", "Express Yourself", "Give Me All Your Luvin", "Candy Shop", "I'm A Sinner", "Celebration", probably more.

Doors opened around 7:00 and we ran directly to the golden triangle. The winners from the early ticket line were already inside but we still managed to get a spot right next to the center of the stage.

Martin Solveig's stage was already set up and they had a huge curtain with the MDNA album cover stamped on it covering the rest of the stage.

Guy Oseary was hanging around the triangle and chatting with fans. I asked if there's any way we can get a "Gang Bang" video and that they should get Tarantino to do it. He said we're likely to get a live video for it.

Solveig started around 8:15. Got inside the venue after his set on the previous show so I can't compare, but it was fun. The structure he had for his desk was too near the edge of the stage and too tall, so we couldn't really see his face in that position, but I didn't really mind. He played some Madonna remixes, like "Music" and "Into the Groove", some album tracks like "Beautiful Killer" and some crowd pleasers like "Funkytown", "Barbra Streisand", "Titanium" and his own "Hello" and "Ready 2 Go", doing live vocals for that one.

He was very chatty, saying several lines in Spanish and getting us to do the "L U V Madonna" chant a couple of times.

They lowered the curtains and the show started around 10:00pm. Compared to the 1st show she was ON FIRE, interacting a whole lot more with the audience and generally looking more relaxed and more into it.

Will give a detailed review once I get back to Madrid later today but the main differences with the previous show were:

- She dropped her baton during "Express Yourself" near the end of the song!! It fell towards the pit and she reached down to grab it and then playfully lifted her skirt a bit and jiggled her ass for the lucky ones who were on that corner of the triangle.

- Before "Masterpiece" she sat down and said "Estoy cansada!" (I'm tired) and revisited her infamous "Estoy caliente!" (I'm hot), getting a huge roar from the audience. She said that's the part where she gets to interact with the public and ask important questions like "Are you having a good time?". She got us to reply "Fuck yeah!" to her questions and played along with it for a while. Then she gave a little speech about how much she owes her fans and how she doesn't take the support for granted.

- She asked if we knew the lyrics to "Turn Up The Radio' and asked us all to sing along to the words or, at least, pretend to sing along. I think it was also then when she asked us to keep that level of energy for the rest of the concert.

- I'm guessing he was also there on the previous night(s) but, since I hadn't read details from previous shows and was mainly focused in Madonna on the first one, I didn't really notice until this show that it was Rocco during the Basque set, "Like a Prayer" and "Celebration". Kid loves the spotlight, huh?

Overall it was an A+ concert and being in the golden triangle will definitely become an unforgettable moment for me. As much as I loved the first Barcelona show, I enjoyed this one a whole lot more.

Recorded lots of videos, so I will try and upload them later as well.

Lucky lucky lucky LOL

I was so happy hehehe.

I had the exact same experience as you. I got selected for the golden triangle as well last night and managed to get 2nd row right in the middle of the stage! I had the best night of my life and Madonna was absolutely incredible. Her dancing was great and she seemed so happy and excited to be there. Btw when she asked the crowd if we were having fun, I shouted 'fuck yeah' to her and then she started repeating it over and over lol I was sooo happy that she heard/acknowledged me! It is the first time I have ever been that close to her. I am definitely in love!

I'd never seen her so into it and happy live. She was nearly an hour late. She looked soooo beautiful and her vocals were great in my opinion. the only thing I didn't enjoy was the best friend interlude, a bit boring. She is THE superstar. Hope the rest of you enjoy the tour as much as I did. Magic.

We must've been right next to each other then!

What were you wearing? I had a white sleeveless tee with the picture of the "Justify My Love" cover printed on it and a black cap.

she really is such a beautiful woman! too bad about the watermark in the pics :(

I don't know why any of the fansites use those damn watermarks. No one gives a shit where the fuck it came from and it isn't like you are getting paid for anything anyone steals from your site anyway. The only ones who suffer are the fans.

Yes, the watermarks sucks. What they gonna do after all? These images could be way more appreciated without them. I thought that was the reason you put up a fan site and your idol's photo, to spread to the whole world how amazing she is!