June 20 Barcelona

ashtangi74

Had the most SURREAL, unexpected and amazing time yesterday at the show!

I was not planning to go as I have tix for the show tonight but decided to go past the venue at about 10pm just to check it out. Thought the show would have started already but got there to hear the bells chiming and the crowd roar!

Sprinted around the venue trying to find the box office - found it eventually and it was closed. Shit! Some dodgy bloke came past scalping a ticket but I was a bit dubious but then relented thinking what the hell. Walked to an entrance and the ticket was legit.

Ticket was in the middle tier but I didn't know where the hell that was. Saw what looked like an arena attendant and asked him for directions but he shrugged saying he didn't work there.

As I walked off a light bulb went off in my - that was Guy O'seary wasn't it? Jeez. Turned around, approached him (feeling like Ali G at the start of the 'Music' video) - "Eez you Gay O'Sexy?" Lo and behold it was and he was very gracious. Took a couple of photos with him on my shitty iphone.

Does he usually wander around the venues during the show?

Decided against finding my seat and went to various parts of the venue watching different songs.

Was surprised to find that arena staff are pretty relaxed about letting people wander around and watch from different entry points.

UK staff would send people packing back to their seats.

It is a fantastic venue and there really isn't a bad seat. Crowd was absolutely amazing!!

Highlights: Express Yourself and Like a Prayer and Beyonce-style ass shaking during GMAYL (?)

Wtf moment: Like a Virgin - so different!

Biggest surprise: Candy Shop (great version this tour!)

Meh moment: Open your heart - that arrangement does nothing for me.

During Like a Prayer - this really cute guy stood next to me and we gave each other the 'hairy eyeball'. Was dancing during Celebration and noticed that he seemed to be bumping into me 'accidentally on purpose'?! :ohmy: Long story short - the after show party was even better!! Spanish men a fucking amazing!!

Woke up a short while ago at my hotel wondering if all that was just a dream.... Looked at the grainy Guy O photo's again - it was real.

Apols for the long rambling post.

Can't wait for show tonight!!

Show was awesome!

Apparently from Barcelona...

[media=]

[/media]

Haha. The projection was too early or they were too late. Notice that the dramatic effect, that appocalypse like thing, usually starts when Give it to me kicks in. But here they were still at the Material Girl part. Looked weird, especially when it's back to GGW and boom the church projection is supposed to be back but it wasn't.

Divina Madonna (the Spanish fanclub) did the whole balloon thing. :)

and it was wonderful! it wouldn´t be strange of she starts using it...

I´m back from barcelona just now.concert, hoterl, airport, job, and here am I, exausted but happy.and wanting more, I´m even thinking on going to Nice...

I haven´t seen the other reviews yet, but here goes mine. The arena wasn´t sold out, it seemed to me that nearly all the cheap seats were sold out, but I was ins ection 121E, and I have three empty raws in fronñt of me, so 250 empty spaces only were I was. Of course, I run like Forrestr Gump to get a better place! jajajaja, and after i did it, everybody came behind me.But , the empty places were everywhere, although it was like 80% sold.The El mundo News paper, a right winged one says that the arena was 3/4 sold. And the official numbers say that for tomorrows show there are 2000 empty places.I don´t know what happened: I wpuld have paid more for a better place, and I saw empty places, but it was impossible for me to buy them when they appeared! cabrones!!!

Ok, now I´ll drink a coke and I´ll start with the concert itself

Haha. The projection was too early or they were too late. Notice that the dramatic effect, that appocalypse like thing, usually starts when Give it to me kicks in. But here they were still at the Material Girl part. Looked weird, especially when it's back to GGW and boom the church projection is supposed to be back but it wasn't.

UHHHH sorry dear....they were right on....wtf are you talking about?

I´m back from barcelona just now.concert, hoterl, airport, job, and here am I, exausted but happy.and wanting more, I´m even thinking on going to Nice...

I haven´t seen the other reviews yet, but here goes mine. The arena wasn´t sold out, it seemed to me that nearly all the cheap seats were sold out, but I was ins ection 121E, and I have three empty raws in fronñt of me, so 250 empty spaces only were I was. Of course, I run like Forrestr Gump to get a better place! jajajaja, and after i did it, everybody came behind me.But , the empty places were everywhere, although it was like 80% sold.The El mundo News paper, a right winged one says that the arena was 3/4 sold. And the official numbers say that for tomorrows show there are 2000 empty places.I don´t know what happened: I wpuld have paid more for a better place, and I saw empty places, but it was impossible for me to buy them when they appeared! cabrones!!!

so strange!.....it was being said that both shows were sold out.

This entire

That's so disappointing. I don't know about Spain, but there's been 0 promotion for the tour here. It's almost as if it's not even happening. The same seems to be true for the rest of the world.

so strange!.....it was being said that both shows were sold out.

I think is because of viagogo buying a lot of tickets...framckly, I´m happy with this, maybe next time they´ll do it better.That said, this show is an arena show!!! Barcelona was, so far, the best place to see it.The biggest difference with the big stage and this, is that there wasn´t the MDNA roof.

what can I say about the show? as we already know, it´s incredible, the screens are to die for, her bests so far, the sound was magnificent,and the clothes are way better than in her last tour. The new songs worked quite good live, I was surprised with some of them, although I can´t understand why she had so many problems to sing I don´t give a shit (she sounded a little bit...borderlinesque,you know what I mean).and people reacted quite well to them, I was frankly suprised with Turn up the radio and GMAYL live, they sound really good, maybe they sound as they should have sounded on cd...on the other hand, some of the old songs had lame versions.I danced all of them, but I cleraly coould see people sitting down, talking, or going to the toilet while some of the songs (people during Hung Up was like "what happened to this great song?")and, with revolver...well, it seems that people donñ´t like it.I enjoyed it, but with the catalog of songs that she has, revolver wasn´t a good choice.

OK, before going on, I have to repeat that I enjoyed the show, I will be in Paris, and maybe in another place too, I would love to see it from the catwalk.That said: the covers of the old songs:

Express yourself, incredible, the best of the show

Like a prayer, great too

Vogue, perfect

Human nature,good (I don´t like the song)

Celebration as we know it, exactly as we know it from the remix.

But...

Papa don´t preach: way cut it so much?????

Open your heart:after waiting 20 years to here the song again, I thinnk people were disappoiented.I was disappointed too...I think she wanted to do what she did with la isla in her last tour, but mixing OYH and Sagarra jo...really, it seem to me that people enjoyed more Sagarra jo!! not the actual song while they are singing, but the last minute with everybody dancing, that was crazyness

Like a virgin: ok, she did it before in 1993 and in 1990, but , how can I say it, I enjoyed the performance, but she should have done it with another song/ballad, and respect Like a virgin. if it´s not broken, don´t fix it.It remind me a little bit to what she did with Deeper and deeper in the RIT, but LAV is more iconic, and i don´t think people would like this type of version.I liked, but I missed the real LAV

the interludes:

Nobody knows me was pure perfection, one of the higlithts of the show, both the video and the remix

Justify my love: the song itself wasn´t so good, but the video...OMG the video!!!!!! that should have been Rescue me´s video!!!!!!

madonna´s voice:

you can clearly hear when she´s singing and when she´s not.It seems that she´s not even trying to hide it (the microphone during celebration wasn´t in her mouth but her voice was still there).It ´s clear that she feels more relaxed in her lower voice, she nailed the songs that sang like that.the others, like I don´t give a shit...mmm, she should have a little help with them.

she had a problem with papa don´t preach, she started singing the song a few words later than she should.It was ok, that was a live moment.Gang bang and others, I think they weren´t.but it was ok.

Saw what looked like an arena attendant and asked him for directions but he shrugged saying he didn't work there.

As I walked off a light bulb went off in my - that was Guy O'seary wasn't it? Jeez. Turned around, approached him (feeling like Ali G at the start of the 'Music' video) -

Does he usually wander around the venues during the show?

It makes him sound like such a loser! Love it. :dead:

Glad you had a blast!

Hilights:

Express yourself

GMAYL (the LUV ,madonna! thing works perefctly live!)

Sagarra jo, dancing part

last part of I don´t give a shit, when the cross appears and she´s touched by the light...the idea is wonderful, this should have been part of a better performance!I can imagine it used in Frozen, I want you...

Justify my love´s video

I´m adiccted, sounded way better than I thought, although the clothes and the moves are a little bit unispired

Vogue: it always be Vogue.prefection

Celebration´s screens

people´s reaction too Turn up the radio (and she sang it quite well)

the trains in I´m a sinner

Madonna during LAV.Not the song, but her voice and attitude

Nobody knows me