The "Turn Up The Radio" Video Thread

As someone has pointed out already, what the F**k did you expect from the snippets we saw? She was out there in a car prenteding to be having fun. That's all! From them, did you think of a ''Vogue''-like video? Get a grip!

And she could tell a team to come up with an idea and they could tell her what to do? Like she would work like that! And even if she did, you would be saying ''she has lost her creativity. She now relies on her team, not herself, for ideas.'' blah blah. Oh god, it's not even being negative. It's just simply being stupid and a huge drama queen! HAHA!

Also when did we get a grandbreaking video whilst she was on tour? ''Dress You Up''(live), ''Causing A Commotion''(live), 'Hanky Panky''(live), ''Miles Away.''(compilation of random footages)

As someone has pointed out already, what the F**k did you expect from the snippets we saw? She was out there in a car prenteding to be having fun. That's all! From them, did you think of a ''Vogue''-like video? Get a grip!

And she could tell a team to come up with an idea and they could tell her what to do? Like she would work like that! And even if she did, you would be saying ''she has lost her creativity. She now relies on her team, not herself, for ideas.'' blah blah. Oh god, it's not even being negative. It's just simply being stupid and a huge drama queen! HAHA!

Also when did we get a grandbreaking video whilst she was on tour? ''Dress You Up''(live), ''Causing A Commotion''(live), 'Hanky Panky''(live), ''Miles Away.''(compilation of random footages)

I couldn't agree more with you

Don't forget the GEM that is Jump, shot during CT.

But when I criticised Kylie for releasing a throw away pop song that I actually LIKED you seemed unhappy with my comment and said that we should just be happy that Kylie's giving us a surprise every month as part of her K25 anniversary but yet you said Madonna should have put more effort into this VDO ?

That's weird . Kylie doesn't have ANY children and Madonna has 4 so for me TUTR is a good effort by a hard working pop icon goddess mother of 4 who is on her sell out worldwide tour .

Edited by Butter9

When reading comments of some fans on here it's as if she didn't put an album most of us love and also happens to be among the Top 5 selling of the year worldwide so far, a tour that has seemed to exceed many fans expectations and has made $50 million in 14 shows (somehow even THAT gets spun as negative), 2 of her best videos in years, the highest rated moment on US television ever with her EPIC Super Bowl performance, 38th Billboard Top 10. ALL THAT seems like a pretty fanfuckingtastic year for ANYONE much less someone who's her age and time in the business. Tune out all the bullshit "journalists" and miserable internet "critics" by all accounts it seems like life must be good for Madonna right now.

And she won a Golden Globe for a soundtrack song for the film she directed (which song also appeared on the #1 album)... She certainly has been busy in 2012.

I really like this video. Sunny Italian countryside . M being adored by her fans while looking stunning .

TUTR was never one of my fav tracks form MDNA but the vdo has turned that around for me.

Same with GGW . I love these tracks and both these vdos.

Also I think GMAYL has a VERY good video. Visualli it was brilliant for me and so tongue in cheek as well .

Can't wait for the full TUTR version. Bring it on already !

Me too ! I worked out to it on repeat today and it's amazing when you're on cardio machine. LUV IT. Can't wait for the vid.

But Kurt, i think nobody has written negative commetns about the Superbowl, the 2 great videos or the album here. In fact, even if the album sells more or less, most of us are very happy with this era and the whole tour seems to be very good. Sorry, i didn't understand your post.

It's ok! :) You're right this era artistically has been well received for the most part. That's what I mean though, it seems like in the past a great album, a couple great videos, a PHENOMENAL tour, some good images and a little commercial success would be enough to please the fans. It's like enough is never enough these days though. ALL the videos have to be epic, it's not enough for some that the tour is phenomenally successful on a commercial level.....she didn't beat S&S attendance for same amount of shows so she should be "concerned" somehow (despite the fact NOBODY else is doing business like her)....the album may be front loaded sales wise but it's still among the top selling of the year....but that's not enough, she has to STAY on the charts like she did in the past. She wants to focus on the tour instead of album promo.....not enough, she needs to rack up (or at least make the effort) those top 10 songs like she did 7, 20, 25 years ago.

It's just stuff like that. Enough never seems to be enough for some and it seems like some fans these days are losing the ability to just enjoy the work and not worry about all the stuff she and her management/promotion team need to be worrying about. All we need to do if we can/want is buy a ticket to her show and dance, sing our hearts out for her.....give her all our love! :)

Madonna fans are the trust fund kids of all fan bases. We are SPOILED on ALL levels and until she "cuts us off" ie: is gone (God forbid) or until the highs aren't quite as high as they are/used to be I don't think it'll be fully realized just how successful she really is and she is STILL trailblazing for the ones who are coming up behind her. I've noticed in recent years, the success of her eras doesn't seem to be fully realized until the FOLLOWING era, when it doesn't quite match up to the success of the prior era. I can clearly remember many trying to put a negative spin on S&S commerical success citing a couple shows that didn't sell out or a few of the inevitable bad reviews as proof that she's "just not where she once was". NOW that MDNA hasn't matched that success on ALL levels so far, S&S is what she needs to match or exceed. Hard Candy was written off as a flop by SO MANY fans, now that 3.5 million copies on the heels of MDNA's 1.5 million seems pretty damn good!

And she won a Golden Globe for a soundtrack song for the film she directed (which song also appeared on the #1 album)... She certainly has been busy in 2012.

AHH yes! Good one peter! See.....that's what I mean, she's had so many great things happen this year that I totally forgot about that. For some artists/fan bases that would be THE jewel in the crown for their success for an era.....if not for an entire career. For us though?? Another award....another Golden Globe.....yawn.....NEXT!. :lol:

I'm tellin you.....one day the MDNA era is gonna be the "good old days".

MadonnaNation = THE ONLY sane and demure Madonna forum in existence.

The Other Whore & MadonnaTribe = Glum Cunts!!

I swear my computer gets frosty and icicles start to form the rare occassion I crash on over to the The Other Shore.....which is hardly never. I just had to when MDNA Tour opened though, I thought FOR SURE even THEY couldn't find anything bad about that.....I shoulda known better though! :lol:

Guest DancefloorConfessor

It's ok! :) You're right this era artistically has been well received for the most part. That's what I mean though, it seems like in the past a great album, a couple great videos, a PHENOMENAL tour, some good images and a little commercial success would be enough to please the fans. It's like enough is never enough these days though. ALL the videos have to be epic, it's not enough for some that the tour is phenomenally successful on a commercial level.....she didn't beat S&S attendance for same amount of shows so she should be "concerned" somehow (despite the fact NOBODY else is doing business like her)....the album may be front loaded sales wise but it's still among the top selling of the year....but that's not enough, she has to STAY on the charts like she did in the past. She wants to focus on the tour instead of album promo.....not enough, she needs to rack up (or at least make the effort) those top 10 songs like she did 7, 20, 25 years ago.

It's just stuff like that. Enough never seems to be enough for some and it seems like some fans these days are losing the ability to just enjoy the work and not worry about all the stuff she and her management/promotion team need to be worrying about. All we need to do if we can/want is buy a ticket to her show and dance, sing our hearts out for her.....give her all our love! :)

Madonna fans are the trust fund kids of all fan bases. We are SPOILED on ALL levels and until she "cuts us off" ie: is gone (God forbid) or until the highs aren't quite as high as they are/used to be I don't think it'll be fully realized just how successful she really is and she is STILL trailblazing for the ones who are coming up behind her. I've noticed in recent years, the success of her eras doesn't seem to be fully realized until the FOLLOWING era, when it doesn't quite match up to the success of the prior era. I can clearly remember many trying to put a negative spin on S&S commerical success citing a couple shows that didn't sell out or a few of the inevitable bad reviews as proof that she's "just not where she once was". NOW that MDNA hasn't matched that success on ALL levels so far, S&S is what she needs to match or exceed. Hard Candy was written off as a flop by SO MANY fans, now that 3.5 million copies on the heels of MDNA's 1.5 million seems pretty damn good!

AMEN!!!!! My thoughts exactly!!!!

This is all very true.

But when I criticised Kylie for releasing a throw away pop song that I actually LIKED you seemed unhappy with my comment and said that we should just be happy that Kylie's giving us a surprise every month as part of her K25 anniversary but yet she said Madonna should have put more effort into this VDO ?

That's weird . Kylie doesn't have ANY children and Madonna had 4 so for me TUTR is a good effort by a hard working pop icon goddess mother of 4 who is on her sell out worldwide tour .

THANK YOU

I just hope that those stupid crowd noises are not part of the video, so people can actually listen to the song! I'm not gonna judge the video by now but I'm gonna compare this to the teaser of GGW, which was way better than this teaser, imo. I really don't like the song to be honest and don't think that people will like it better than GMAYL and GGW, but that's not the point. I think they should've focused on releasing singles/videos (this album has a LOT of single-worthy songs) instead of focusing on the tour, which could've started in late August or September. Well, this all leads to another complain about the "non-traditional" promotion of the album, which is really nothing new. But since this was Guy O fucking up, it gives me hope this means the end of his job as M's manager :stir: . The sad part is that it means that MDNA, which is a really great album had to flop in order to get this fucker out of M's team so this won't happen with her next album.

So....this is for Guy...

"Bye bye baby bye bye

It's your turn to cry

This time we have to say goodbye

So say goodbye

[...]

The first time and the last time

You can forget about it baby

Forget the rules, forget the fools

Forget your fears, forget my tears

You can forget about it baby, bye bye baby bye bye

You can forget about it baby

'Cause it's the first time and the last time

You'll ever see me cry

You f*cked it up"

THIS!!

HOWEVER THE VIDEO APPARENTLY HAD BEEN FILMED IN SUPER8... SO I KNOW I'LL LOVE IT ANYWAY!!! :inlove:

MadonnaNation = THE ONLY sane and demure Madonna forum in existence.

The Other Whore & MadonnaTribe = Glum Cunts!!

They should name TOS the Lady GaGa forum. Baffling how they bash Madonna and praise LG's Boring This Way Ball.

THANK YOU

It's true Supernatural. I had a go at me for not being ecstatic that Kylie gave us Time bomb ( a song I said I actually LIKED ) and I said I thought she should have release a better song to mark her K25 anniversary .Then I was asked something like ' when has Madonna ever given us any surprise ' or something. It was weird .

florence is not coutryside.

video will be great for sure! and i dont really care what people have to say couse they should be glad to have one...

Oh am sorry I was not implying that Florence is some little countryside town . I just saw some stills from the set and it was filmed along a country road and not the city center :)

120714madonnaturnupther.jpg

Guest bluejean

The Madonna apologists are out in full force today writing their Neurocks inspired essays :lol:

Anyway I look fwd to seeing the video, hopefully the 2 days spent filming it will result in more than just Madonna riding about in a car.

But when I criticised Kylie for releasing a throw away pop song that I actually LIKED you seemed unhappy with my comment and said that we should just be happy that Kylie's giving us a surprise every month as part of her K25 anniversary but yet you said Madonna should have put more effort into this VDO ?

That's weird . Kylie doesn't have ANY children and Madonna has 4 so for me TUTR is a good effort by a hard working pop icon goddess mother of 4 who is on her sell out worldwide tour .

Who cares about Kylie? I'm a Madonna fan in a Madonna forum. I happen to like Kylie too, but my girl is Madonna, and because i think Madonna does everything better than any other chick out there, I except the best. Sometimes i expect the best in a silly way (maybe this time, when somebody here said that she's never released a proper video when on tour, I realized that we are lucky to have a video for TUTR), sometimes i expect it in a good way (some things she's done last decade were simply bad).

And now, babybutter, let's kiss and make up.