The "Turn Up The Radio" Video Thread

:lmao: I know, that was my exact thought. I studied film years ago and I didn't even know (nor care) about the use of stunt doubles. I mean they don't use them in student films :lol:

jonski42, audiovisual technical college isn't mandatory in your country? :confused:

Why are you shocked that the average person doesn't understand the technical workings of lighting a film?

Perhaps "shocked" was too strong a word. Look, I didn't call anyone "stupid" for not knowing -- that wasn't my intention. So there's no need to act insulted. I consider myself an average person -- and I'm aware of the practice. I didn't mean to be presumptuous in my post. I was an English Lit major, so I have no technical training or background in film. And yet I was aware that they sometimes have someone else stand on the set for purposes of preparing the shot.

The only reason I opened up my mouth was because it seemed there was still confusion, even though some people had already posted an explanation. Sorry about that. Next time I'll remember to keep it to myself.

And bluejean, not to get picky, but this isn't exactly a "stunt double" -- unless Madonna's going to go jumping out of the moving car or something. It's not for stunts -- it's a "stand-in".

I think lots of Madonna fans have probably seen her prepare and rehearse her tours, too, from behind-the-scenes documentaries. Ever notice that she sometimes has her choregrapher (Stephanie Roos or something like that?) stand in for her while she watches the overall effect of the big picture? Same kind of practice.

Again, I didn't mean any offense. Sorry if the tone came across as condescending. I think most people who know me here would consider me a modest poster.

She should take a couple of hours to perform at The Voice and make a incredible momentum there. You know "oh my, we have the honour of having MADONNA here, oh my", she is there, performs a couple of songs, people love her, she is incredible, and that's all.

2 hours. The same amount of time that she spends having her eyebrows plucked while she's ranting about some disgusting businessman in the front row. The same amount of time she spends having some young cock up her mouth.

Guest bluejean

The same amount of time she spends having some young cock up her mouth.

:lmao:

I agree, 2 songs on The Voice would be great. GGW and Turn Up The Radio. Or she could even do Masterpiece.

The only problem with TUTR is that the tour version is just her on guitar so it wouldn't really do much to sell the song on a TV show. They'd have to choreograph something. Which would take far more than 2 hours.

when is this video going to be aired? and the remixes? and everything? i guess they want it to explote while she´s in the UK?

For now, the video is scheduled to premiere in mid-July. Apparently, the video premiere will co-incide with the radio release and the release of the R3HAB and Laidback Luke remixes.

Guest kidintown

i'm pretty excited to see this video. i'm hoping for a 60's style in a new way and some interesting 'instagram' filters :)

Guest Not4Pussies

I went out last nite and they played a kick ass remix of Turn Up the Radio. I hadnt listened to it before and it sounded pretty official. Wonder if it was either the Laidback Luke or Rehab remix.

I wonder if she did some indoors shooting. Probably, right? What was the last time she did a video without a "counterpoint" for the main action with a different outfit? I mean...

GGW - Spreading her legs against a wall.

GMAYL - Sexy and fun stuff in front of a wall.

GI2M - Oh... it was the whole video.

4M - Dancing in front of a timer.

Jump - Tha was all she did.

Sorry - Being sexy and anger in front of a led wall.

Hung Up - Doing sexy poses and dancing in a ballet studio.

So it was Love Profusion?