Her Best Tour Opening Ever?

Skin

Madonna always has an epic opener.

I have watched the complete GGW opener and although it is epic, she seems very unsteady and rushed throughout the Performace.

The staging is amazing but it appears that she is watching every step not to trip or fall vs. focusing on the song. With all of the heavy dancing she should be wearing a headset to free her hands for easier movement - I could care less if she lip syncs the entire numbers - I am not paying to hear perfection I am paying to see Madonna rock out!

When she shatters the glass and poses with the gun she should move slower and more dramatic. She should the toss the gun to a dancer vs. trying to sit/lean it in the confessional. She should come out of the confessional wearing the crown and veil to remove it in front of the crowd - even a dancer could remove it for extra dramatics.

Just my thoughts.

I have watched the complete GGW opener and although it is epic, she seems very unsteady and rushed throughout the Performace.

The staging is amazing but it appears that she is watching every step not to trip or fall vs. focusing on the song. With all of the heavy dancing she should be wearing a headset to free her hands for easier movement - I could care less if she lip syncs the entire numbers - I am not paying to hear perfection I am paying to see Madonna rock out!

When she shatters the glass and poses with the gun she should move slower and more dramatic. She should the toss the gun to a dancer vs. trying to sit/lean it in the confessional. She should come out of the confessional wearing the crown and veil to remove it in front of the crowd - even a dancer could remove it for extra dramatics.

Just my thoughts.

I noticed some stiffness also, but I am sure thats just opening jitters and her not wanting to fall flat on her face opening night. She will look way more comfortable as the tour rolls on.

I noticed some stiffness also, but I am sure thats just opening jitters and her not wanting to fall flat on her face opening night. She will look way more comfortable as the tour rolls on.

yes I agree . Practice makes perfect.

Just my thoughts.

Thought the same.

The crown is a waste really. This coul've been taken so far and epic just like you mentioned it.

Just my thoughts.

Yes. The gargoyles should remove her gun, crown and veil :demonic: :demonic: :demonic:

its great but i feel too long with the chanting, still prefer confessions!

I thought it was too long at first but now that I know the rhythm and song's flow, it flows perfectly into the opening performance. You have to observe the gargoyles as they emerge and when the final one rises, the "oh my god" begin...it's fantastic really and a drastic change from her previous openers which worried me cause I like a video intro but this actually works well too for the church theme.

Guest Fukujima

But whatever, MDNA's opening is REALLY out of this world. I love the Kalakan chanting, especially the "MAAA-AAAHHH-DOOOOO-NNNNNAAAA" part. *chills*

The dancers dressed as demons are super cool. I love the ones with the wings thing.

i think they represent the Gargoyles that you can find outside some gothic cathedrals.

MDNA for me !

I too think that the big reveal itself is a little awkward. Reaching for the gun and then maneuvering it for the glass breaking, then sitting it down and hurrying to take off the veil & crown. Needs a little cleaning up, but overall it's a great opening, and the dance break is one of her best. When she kicks her leg up and the whip cracks. :dramatic:

But I don't know if anything can ever top Confessions.

I feel the song start (after the aoc) should be a bit more dramatic. Compared to shattering glass and all the action before the actual GGW part is a bit flat.

wow I didn't know this message board had members that were 98% tour directors. What tours have you guys directed? (seeing how you're all VERY critical of every step)

LOL!

As a whole, MDNA is the best tour opening. But, nothing beats watching Madonna come out of the disco ball. It was such an amazing moment live.

Guest Owenkeats

RIT needs to die :lmao:

KABBALISTS DO IT BETTER T-shirt?

"Crazy for You" DEDICASHAAUHHN to the FANZZZZ with Demonna pretending to be all warm and fuzzy?

"Burning Up" on a FUCKING guitar in a FUCKING fatigue costume instead of crawling on stage like a WANTON WHORE?

FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Too right.

Girlie Show opening was awesome too...I was there, first night at Wembley Stadium. Right at the front. Oh my gawd! It was feckin aaammmaaaaziiin!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SuperPop

I thought she could never top the CT entrance but I think with MDNA opening she did it :bow:

absolutely BREATHTAKING in every single way :wow:

Even after the concert I was mesmerized by the brilliance of the opening

I didn't think Madonna could top the Confessions Tour opening, especially after her um... lackluster Sticky & Sweet Tour opening, but this has! I will always love the Confessions Tour opening, but I think I may love the MDNA Tour opening more. Plus I like GGW more than Future Lovers as an opening song. AND THE DANCE BREAK IS FLAWLESS. :bow:

I didn't think Madonna could top the Confessions Tour opening, especially after her um... lackluster Sticky & Sweet Tour opening, but this has! I will always love the Confessions Tour opening, but I think I may love the MDNA Tour opening more. Plus I like GGW more than Future Lovers as an opening song. AND THE DANCE BREAK IS FLAWLESS. :bow:

+1

Guest jazzthief

a word on youtube footages; they so fail to depict the creepiness / grandioseness of the opening experience, i worry the dvd footage will fail to do also. i was so shaken from it, i remember needing to sit down and calm down for a sec during 2nd ggw verse.

Guest FrozenEyes

I'd have to say Confessions. So much activity, energy, and power!!!! Plus the I Feel Love sample!! :dramatic::confessions:

I can't comment on MDNA as I'm trying to stay away from youtube until the concert. From the few clips I saw from Israel, I don't think I've watched it. :boring:

I'd have to say Confessions. So much activity, energy, and power!!!! Plus the I Feel Love sample!! :dramatic::confessions:

I can't comment on MDNA as I'm trying to stay away from youtube until the concert. From the few clips I saw from Israel, I don't think I've watched it. :boring:

u'll change your feelings after seeing this!!!

this opening is epic!! no words can describe it!!! i've loved so much the CT, but the mdna opening number is such... :dramatic:

Guest SuperPop

a word on youtube footages; they so fail to depict the creepiness / grandioseness of the opening experience, i worry the dvd footage will fail to do also. i was so shaken from it, i remember needing to sit down and calm down for a sec during 2nd ggw verse.

I agree completely!the videos that are floating around do not do justice to the whole majestic experience