Her Best Tour Opening Ever?

Skin

I know many will still stick with Confessions as being her best opening to a show, but I honestly think that one has been knocked to 2nd place for me. I love the living hell out of the MDNA tour opening. Not only is it gorgeous to look at, but the whole thing is just beautifully eerie. Perfect mixture of light and dark going on through the whole thing. Its gives me chills everytime I watch it. I cant imagine what its going to be like live. :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic:

Also those dancers dressed as demonic creatures that slink in from the back creep me the fuck out, and I love it.

I REALLY love it, but would like to see it in person/on DVD before I will call it her best opener. It really has the potential to be tho. The performance of Girl Gone Wild itself is phenomenal and you can tell she's giving it her all. Especially with that Material Girl/Give It 2 Me section.... Forget what I said, yes, it's her best opener. :lol:

Guest CUBB

Confessions will always win because as far as scale goes, it was such a HUGE opener [from what i could tell on dvd]. It honestly looked like a space ship was landing.

The MDNA tour opener is probably my fav though, i'll need to wait till i see it on blu-ray filmed properly, but i really love the style of it, it's so creepy. More my thing.

Confessions will always win because as far as scale goes, it was such a HUGE opener [from what i could tell on dvd]. It honestly looked like a space ship was landing.

The MDNA tour opener is probably my fav though, i'll need to wait till i see it on blu-ray filmed properly, but i really love the style of it, it's so creepy. More my thing.

Fuck you and your DVD watching shtick......WE are seeing demonna and all this sacrilege ourselves come January. What time shall I pick you up?! :horn:

Guest CUBB

What time shall I pick you up?! :horn:

I'll need time to do my hair. Don't you think i look like Lindsay Lohan?lohan.gif18568_1314489592338_1533630737_30862495_5087247_n.jpg

The award definitely goes to MDNA. There's so much going on, it's a feast for the eyes.

I think the reason why people love CT so much is M's entrance, when that disco ball pops open the crowd goes fucking bat shit crazy, I love it.

The award definitely goes to MDNA. There's so much going on, it's a feast for the eyes.

I think the reason why people love CT so much is M's entrance, when that disco ball pops open the crowd goes fucking bat shit crazy, I love it.

Seriously, is the best Intro that i've ever seen :wow:

I don't wanna jump the gun and say MDNA as I've only seen youtube vids but I have a feeling it will push CT opening to second place for me as well once I see it live and on DVD. I agree with all of you that MDNA looks a bit creepy and I always enjoy stuff like that. :) Also I love the way the stage moves, it's just insane.

Sorry but MDNA tour opening makes Confessions look like limp little pussy!!

It's just so grandiose and eerie and Madonna and everything!

Quite possibly her best opening ever actually.

Sorry but MDNA tour opening makes Confessions look like limp little pussy!!

It's just so grandiose and eerie and Madonna and everything!

Quite possibly her best opening ever actually.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes but you see her silhouette praying and it's just so... Intense.. First the church bells, the incense with the robed monks, then the chants, then her silhouette, then the glass shatter and the gun.. It really is just too much. Everyone was just floored in the audience.

Confessions was great in a different way. MDNA just comPletely shakes you up from the core.

It doesn't make sense though IMO is she a terrorist? What is she doing in a monastry with an Uzi, why is she floating...who is she angry at...the monks? :lmao:

But I agree it is definitely impressive and will look great live :thumbsup:

I'll need time to do my hair. Don't you think i look like Lindsay Lohan?lohan.gif18568_1314489592338_1533630737_30862495_5087247_n.jpg

holy shit.

lindsay's got nothing on you :bow:

Best opening from what ive seen is hands down MDNA tour. my favorite has always been RIT, but MDNA is even darker and although the production is a lot more complex, the whole feel and vibe in a way is very simple. no background music, just the three singers, no catchy beat to get the crowd going. there are no video backdrops (in fact the video backdrop is the set of the opening), it all fits together. it all leads somewhere everything just makes sense. (i know some may disagree or even think that its a bit pretentious, but it totally works with "girl gone wild" and Madonna of course referencing to her namesake ;) )

the disco ball for confessions is a bit overrated to me. or maybe i just love the dark theme more. :stir:

Guest bluejean

Agree. Confessions is best followed by Reinvention. This tour definitely has the best sets/backdrops though. The opening being the most impressive.

^ As much as I do not care for Re-Invention as a whole, that was a stunning entrance - the "Vogue" strings with Madonna rising in a halo of light. Gorgeous.

Confessions is still my favorite = Madonna (seemingly) descending to Earth in a disco Death Star, surrounded by her equestrian/S&M disciples and appearing in a burst of bloom from a mirror ball that opens like full-spectrum rose. Nothing compares in my book.

MDNA might change my mind when I see it live, but honestly, there has been something a little clunky about the breaking glass entrance. Maybe she will have perfected it by the time she reaches America. I love the Gothic cathedral and the monks in scarlet though. Quite lovely.

The Abu Dhabi gigs glass shattering entrance was already 'less clunky' than the opening night ones (I'm only comparing the Abu Dhabi live shows to the Tel Aviv youtube clips as I didn't go to the Tel Aviv show), so by the time the tour is 2-3 months in, I'm sure it'll all be quite seamless (rest of the show included.)

Let's not leave the RIT opener out of contention- "The Beast Within" intro is everything. :wow:

Confession Tour's video intro and entrance are pretty great, too, and MDNA's looks fab as well.

And while not as "busy," the BAT entrance is classic, as well.

I must admit I was bemused by the Mdna opening. All I could think was why is the bloody tent thing shaking all over the place and what's it supposed to be. Never liked future lovers opening either. Thought it was very flat. Ball seemed points in the context of the riding scene. for me VT and bat have best openers. rit is good but let down by a soulless rendition of vogue

havent seen it. :newspaper:

WTF? :shock:

On the opening ... I have to see MDNA in person before making a judgement, so far it looks spectacular, but so were RIT and CT. I mean, the Beast Within --> Vogue handstand opening was out of this world as was the CT "Would you like to tryyyyy" ---> Discoball reveals equestrian Madonnatrix opening.