Lip syncing?

pattitude

Guest ditaluver

i miss her old voice.

listening to WTG live from WTG tour and its just amazing!

did she lip any of that show?

i miss her old voice.

listening to WTG live from WTG tour and its just amazing!

did she lip any of that show?

I love her voice on WTG tour. I saw it at Wembley Stadium and as far as I remember nothing was lipped. Same with VT I think.

You know, every tour video I've watched, I can hear her real voice either front and center or through the backing track. Yes, in songs like Girl Gone Wild and Gang Bang, the backing track is more prevalent, but her voice creeps through at times. When it's just her voice, she sounds superb (Like A Virgin, Express Yourself, Masterpiece, I Don't Give A, Candy Shop, I'm Addicted, etc.). This tour seems the most strenuous in terms of dancing (especially in that first segment), so if she has to rely on the backing track a little more so that she can sound great in the latter performances, then I don't see why anyone would be mad about it.

:clap: And seriously, she's singing mostly live (while doing lots of dancing, stunts, and crazy stuff :laugh: ), whether with assistance or not. I don't understand the drama with some people making it out as if this is a Britney, Janet, or MJ situation where a lot of the show is completely lipped & she's somehow being lazy (??!!)- it's not. It's mostly live & it's not something out of the ordinary. What's interesting is that M fans insist she completely lips, even on stuff she doesn't, whereas Brit fans (& fans of others) insist their fave sings live on tracks they definitely don't :chuckle: Other artists who have reputations of being 100% live performers actually lip and/or use a backing track. M's just received an unfair rep. She's never done a tour where the show was all or mostly all completely lipped. The Eltons of the world really ruined things for her & like sheep, so many accept it, just like they think M has never written a song nor plays any instruments.

All that said, M definitely needs a headset mic for songs she's doing heavy dancing or stunts, especially when assisted by a backing track because people are going to get the wrong idea & dismiss her when there's a mishap as it happened here.

"Sky Fits Heaven" on the DVD is so mimed it's not even funny.

acko's performance in this thread already is legendary. :lmao:

"children choir on acid" :rotfl:

"man vocals and icy studio vocals" :lmao:

I've mentioned this before, but it's worth noting again. On the Girlie Show DVD (the one released in Australia), there are two audio tracks - one on one side of the DVD and another on the other side. In one of them, Madonna can clearly be heard singing live in "Vogue" ("Look around, everywhere you turn" etc.). As she continues to sing, the backing vocal is gradually made more prominent until by the time she hits "if all else fails...", it sounds like she's completely lipsynching. On the other audio track, though, no live vocals are featured at all...yet it's the same show. I I suspect they just decided to dub her vocals in post-production. I went to the show in Brisbane and "Vogue" (apart from the rap) was live.

There's a rehearsal mp3 floating around from Blond Ambition in which she's rehearsing "Vogue". It's just the instrumental with some live backing vocals, but partway through, Madonna starts singing (and she also complains about the microphone, declaring that she hates it :)). Most interestingly, though, is the fact that she actually sings the rap (it's quite possibly the only live recording of the rap, since she never seems to perform it live).

Like someone else who posted earlier, I can hear Madonna's real voice to varying degrees in all of the clips. Kiley Dean also sounds uncannily like Madonna (it's no coincidence that, when Donna wasn't available, she was replaced by someone who sounds as similar to Madonna as Donna does!).

I watched the jubilee concert and both Elton John and Paul McCartney would have benefited from playback! Some well bad singing. I don't mind it on the dance numbers.

Does the music sound like it's played live? Re-invention just sounded like someone pressed pay on a cassette player

A little bit of miming doesn't offend me just so long as the visuals and presentation make up for it. That said, I would be very disheartended if I paid for a high priced ticket and was then rewarded with an entire show of pre-recorded vocals. It lessens the 'live' experience.

Imagine she is doing whole show without mic..like drag queen kind..pretending on her own vocals. It would be fun couse she could do even more crazy staff on stage.

That makes me wonder why she does not use the headset mic as much as she used before. If she has to lip pre-recorded vocals why she MUST hold a mic to pretend she is really singing live? That's kind of annoying. If she will lip then go full on Britney mode and dance her ass off without care to pretend.

Lots of assumptions being made here - several people have said that they can hear Madonna's live vocals over a backing track in almost all of the songs, which means that she is actually singing (hence the need for a microphone). Even when she dropped the microphone during GGW, you could hear when her live voice was added to the mix. It wasn't high up in the mix, but it's there. There's a reason why she's holding the microphone - she's actually using it (shock horror!) :)

Lots of assumptions being made here - several people have said that they can hear Madonna's live vocals over a backing track in almost all of the songs, which means that she is actually singing (hence the need for a microphone). Even when she dropped the microphone during GGW, you could hear when her live voice was added to the mix. It wasn't high up in the mix, but it's there. There's a reason why she's holding the microphone - she's actually using it (shock horror!) :)

:popcorn2: exactly

That makes me wonder why she does not use the headset mic as much as she used before. If she has to lip pre-recorded vocals why she MUST hold a mic to pretend she is really singing live? That's kind of annoying. If she will lip then go full on Britney mode and dance her ass off without care to pretend.

seriously now? have you seen other concerts aside from madonna or britney? its not so black and white. most of them use a tape and sing over it. its another to actually playback entire concerts.

I remember, the first night form her DWT, the mic slipped to her during Impressive instant...nothing happened

She mimed a lot on the first night of that tour, but sang live for the entire show apart from Sky Fits Heaven from the second night. There's a lot of slips of DWT on youtube including Impressive Instant.