Lip syncing?

pattitude

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Well that sounds shit tbh, but i DO LOVE Masterpiece, so at least i'll get ONE proper moment in my Spanish dress when watching the blu-ray!

Frankly if she's going to flip, somersault + throw herself off big blocks backwards then I'm all for lip synching! :lmao: This is not a Britney situation.

No one's here for another Sticky & Hitchcock tour.

29219_o.gif

Guest jamesshot

When I saw her for SST in Vegas she sounded great except for the obvious ( Borderline- yikes!). She is going to get slammed for lipping a lot. She doesn't have to do these intense aerobic style dancing routines. Even the best singers could not do this and sing on key, have good control, project well or be in perfect pitch- ever. The fact she is older and has toured so much recently only makes it harder on her voice. Bono's voice was shot during the last leg of U2's 360 tour and he doesn't dance.

I think her reasons for lip synching are both because of the dance routines and to save her voice a bit. She will be on the road for a long long time. Even if she just stands and sings that's disaster for yor voice. Even Celine has lipsynched songs in her Vegas shows.

The point is though that in every song she has sung live on the two shows I saw she sounded really good. Much better than Sticky. So it's all good. No need to have another Madonna Nation freakout.

A list please..

I will do it when I'm on my laptop (tomorrow) but there are a lot of questionable moments where the backing track and backing singers take over and you're left confused!

GGW I consider to be completely mimed. I know there are areas where te crow jumps (chorus) but the verses and main body of the song are clearly lipsynched.

"Masterpiece" on the other hand is live and she sounded great on that last night (not so great tonight).

I'd say that at least 80% of the Transgression segment is completely lipsynched.. :D

Guest jamesshot

It's her tour with the most lip synching. Absolutely.

I hope she doesn't completely get slammed for it but we all know she will. I had concerns about this when I heard she was doing such intense dancing. I do understand why she would do it to save her voice but she is going to get major shit for it and it will further push the notion she lips a lot when in the past she hasn't.

I hope she doesn't completely get slammed for it but we all know she will. I had concerns about this when I heard she was doing such intense dancing. I do understand why she would do it to save her voice but she is going to get major shit for it and it will further push the notion she lips a lot when in the past she hasn't.

I agree, but I think I'm just going to avoid all the negativity around the lipping, if does indeed occur. Fuck everyone. We all know the truth, but yeah this tour seems very lip-synced throughout.

These are my guesses...

Act of Contrition / Girl Gone Wild (lip-synced)

Revolver (backing vocals, some live verses)

Gang Bang (lip-synced til the end spoken bits)

Papa Don’t Preach (apparently lipped all the way)

Hung Up (sounds lip-synced)

I Don’t Give A (live)

Best Friend / Heartbeat (INTERLUDE)

Express Yourself ( live)

Turn Up The Radio (live)

Give Me All Your Luvin’ (lip-synced)

Open Your Heart (live)

Masterpiece (live)

Justify My Love (INTERLUDE)

Vogue (lip synced)

Candy Shop (live)

Human Nature / Erotica (live)

Like A Virgin (we all know this is live lol)

Nobody Knows Me (INTERLUDE)

I’m Addicted ( live)

I’m A Sinner (live...but is it really?)

Like A Prayer (live)

Celebration(lip-synced)

What do you guys think?

Yeah there's no reason to caca your pants guys. Look at the Perfections Tour (which most of us can agree is a big highlight for her as a performer)

Future Lovers - mimed

Get Together - live with heavy, HEAVY backing track (the DVD actually lessened the backing track funnily enough, but in concert, it was overpowering, trust me I saw it twice!)

Like A Virgin - live

Jump - mimed

Live To Tell - live

Forbidden Love - live with vocal FX

Isaac - mostly live

Sorry - mimed (at least mostly)

Like It Or Not (live, and lovely tbqh)

I Love New York - live

Ray Of Light - live

Let It Will Be - live

Drowned World - live (?)

Paradise - live, but major vocal FX

Music - live, with bigtime backup

Erotica - a lot of this was mimed

La Isla Bonita - live

Lucky Star - live (?)

Hung Up - mimed for most of the tour

So yeah... a little over half of Confessions was truly live. Perhaps we were "spoiled" on Sticky. But then again, most of Mnation gave Madonna a VERY hard time for the Sticky vocals because of how shot her voice was, so maybe she's changing it up this time to appease ya'll :lol: Pick your poison!

Guest Not4Pussies

Well that sounds shit tbh, but i DO LOVE Masterpiece, so at least i'll get ONE proper moment in my Spanish dress when watching the blu-ray!

can you stop...she is touring Australia.

im starting to think you actually don't wanna see her live.

Guest CUBB

can you stop...she is touring Australia.

im starting to think you actually don't wanna see her live.

Fine, i wont wear a spanish dress, geez.

I'll wear a Swedish one instead. Wont match though but oh well.

Guest jamesshot

Yeah there's no reason to caca your pants guys. Look at the Perfections Tour (which most of us can agree is a big highlight for her as a performer)

Future Lovers - mimed

Get Together - live with heavy, HEAVY backing track (the DVD actually lessened the backing track funnily enough, but in concert, it was overpowering, trust me I saw it twice!)

Like A Virgin - live

Jump - mimed

Live To Tell - live

Forbidden Love - live with vocal FX

Isaac - mostly live

Sorry - mimed (at least mostly)

Like It Or Not (live, and lovely tbqh)

I Love New York - live

Ray Of Light - live

Let It Will Be - live

Drowned World - live (?)

Paradise - live, but major vocal FX

Music - live, with bigtime backup

Erotica - a lot of this was mimed

La Isla Bonita - live

Lucky Star - live (?)

Hung Up - mimed for most of the tour

So yeah... a little over half of Confessions was truly live. Perhaps we were "spoiled" on Sticky. But then again, most of Mnation gave Madonna a VERY hard time for the Sticky vocals because of how shot her voice was, so maybe she's changing it up this time to appease ya'll :lol: Pick your poison!

When I saw Confessions in Vegas, she sang live on every song. She sang to the backing track for Future Lovers but we could clearly hear her voice. Same for some of the rest you mentioned.

I have been going through some of the youtube vids of MDNA tour and she is seems to sing some of most songs. Audio quality isn't the best but it seems she at least puts live vocals to some of the mimed songs. When she does sing live, she def sounds better than most of SST but then again, when I saw her on that tour she sounded really good for the most part.

When I saw Confessions in Vegas, she sang live on every song. She sang to the backing track for Future Lovers but we could clearly hear her voice. Same for some of the rest you mentioned.

I have been going through some of the youtube vids of MDNA tour and she is seems to sing some of most songs. Audio quality isn't the best but it seems she at least puts live vocals to some of the mimed songs. When she does sing live, she def sounds better than most of SST but then again, when I saw her on that tour she sounded really good for the most part.

I know that early on, for maybe the first few shows (I'm talking like the first few cities tops), most of Confessions was live. By the time she got to NYC (where I saw her), that's how her vocal setup was. Truth. You can even YouTube it.

Guest jamesshot

I know that early on, for maybe the first few shows (I'm talking like the first few cities tops), most of Confessions was live. By the time she got to NYC (where I saw her), that's how her vocal setup was. Truth. You can even YouTube it.

I have looked at them and I have talked to people who saw that tour later on and while she did not sing FL live like in LA, she sang to a backing track on FL and HU. The backing track was def front and center for these songs and louder than her voice ( same as in Vegas) but I could hear her singing. I think there is video of a European show (Prague??) where you can hear her live vocals on FL and HU more clearly ( maybe she was feeling in better vocal form that night?). But it has been so long ago and I was in college so it really seems like a blur to me lol.

Yeah true. The whole idea is just to point out how Madonna relying on backup or even full on lipping (as she did on RIT Vogue) is nothing new on her tours... hell look at Express Yourself BAT. She sang along with the backing track but it barely made a difference. Vogue and Now I'm Following You were blatantly mimed.

S&S was definitely a Madonna touring anomaly as hardly any of it was mimed. But as others have pointed out, all that singing for that many months truly damages your voice. Hell Madonna's voice was already shot by the time she started S&S. She barely made it through Beat Goes On most nights without going pretty off key.

It's all good though - because her vocalica on this tour (when she is 100% live) truly seems to be gorgina. She does a great job on Turn Up The Radio which I was pretty worried about.

A friend of an uncle of my sister's best friend's dog said that M even lips backstage.....she's quite a master at it apparently. Does wonders for her voice which she only uses to sing in the shower.

A friend of an uncle of my sister's best friend's dog said that M even lips backstage.....she's quite a master at it apparently. Does wonders for her voice which she only uses to sing in the shower.

She lipped the Lady Gaga portion of the McFadden interview. We all know the Matt Lauer 2003 interview was live due to the Britney Peers misspeaking.

Guest jamesshot

Yeah true. The whole idea is just to point out how Madonna relying on backup or even full on lipping (as she did on RIT Vogue) is nothing new on her tours... hell look at Express Yourself BAT. She sang along with the backing track but it barely made a difference. Vogue and Now I'm Following You were blatantly mimed.

S&S was definitely a Madonna touring anomaly as hardly any of it was mimed. But as others have pointed out, all that singing for that many months truly damages your voice. Hell Madonna's voice was already shot by the time she started S&S. She barely made it through Beat Goes On most nights without going pretty off key.

It's all good though - because her vocalica on this tour (when she is 100% live) truly seems to be gorgina. She does a great job on Turn Up The Radio which I was pretty worried about.

I haven't seen TUTR yet but I did just see I'm a Sinner and Masterpiece live and OMG she does sound really good! haha.

As for SST, when I saw her in Vegas she really sounded good and many YT vids I have seen for many cities she sounded decent. Certain songs she always sounded terrible ( hello Borderline!) and others she almost always sounded great ( You Must Love Me). As you said, BOG was dodgy most nights. I attribute a lot of her vocals problems to lack of proper vocal training for tours. This is one thing her brother said in his trashy book I believe. For RIT, she did see a vocal coach and it paid off.

Guest jamesshot

What did Cuntopher say exactly? God what an asshole.

LOL. Well, I did NOT read the book but the part I read concerning her touring was something to the effect she never did any proper vocal warmups before shows, that she prefered to just go out there and wing it and see what happens. He said she has always been that way but that he felt her tours were becoming so big and her songs much harder to sing so she needed to do more proper vocal work before shows.