June 3/4 - Abu Dhabi

Camacho

Guest jamesshot

Too bad they already bought the tickets...if they can't offload them are they just gonna stay at home and cry that they lost money. Idiots. M gets her cut no matter. Next!!!

They'll be able to sell them easily. She is only doing 1 show in New Orleans when she easily could do 4 or 5 so the demand is there.

Just back from my "cheap seats" experience of MDNA and I loved it just as much as being in the Golden Triangle but do different reasons. Mainly being able to see the full stage and the phenomenal lighting.

She was on better form last night I thought. The heat was getting to her tonight. But she was more interactive with the crowd tonight.

Mini-speech before "Masterpiece": ". Have you ever been in love? Have you ever been in love with someone you can't have? But. You can have me! I'm yours forever and ever!" it was cute.

Did someone spill something on the catwalk? She stopped singing (lipping) during Papa Don't Preach and took a towel and started wiping. She said "it's everywhere!" and then crew members started wiping.

She missed the first verse of I Don't Give A because she was walking back slowly to the main stage. "sorry the stage is slippery".

She came up too late for Turn up the Radio and missed the first verse and said "this is the part I was mean to say something".

I hope we get a docco for this tour because these little fuck ups are very Blond Ambition. I want to see whose head will be rolling backstage!!

"I on the other hand was not in the mood for Arabs in heat"

Yes!!!!!!! We need a tour documentary! :lmao:

She should just wear a headset mic instead for the first section, or anything with lots of intricate choreography.

How was her voice, butter9?

I can't believe I am not going to see her until Dallas in Oct! How can anyone keep up a show like this so long? lol

The voice was good when she was singing. She did lipsynced a lot of songs but the voice was there. Even in Candy Shop I didn't really notice the Everythaaaang :laugh:

you must be really rich if you can afford to stay in the same hotel as m and crew.. )

No I saved up for this. It's my bf and I's anniversary so we thought we would treat ourselves . I have to say where I was the crowd was tough. They didn't know most of the new materials.

Thanks Suedecockhead and Butteredass69 for your reports! :clap::headbang::tigger:

Oh you know my Butteredass always aim to please :laugh:

Controversialdonna

Uncensored Madonna has parents in a tizzy at brazen concert

She came. She gyrated. She conquered.

This is Madonna and she is uncensored on stage. The 20,000 plus fans who drove down to Yas Island to see the diva in action last night got all that they had bargained for, and quite more in spades as racy content and profanity peppered the proceedings.

At one point we overheard several parents questioning their choice in bringing kids to the concert, but it’s Madonna after all and all arguments seem to end there.

The show kicked off nearly two hours late, with the last 45 minutes of wait in the sweltering June heat giving several frustrated fans ample reason to unite with chants of ‘boos’ and demand refunds from any unsuspecting soul who had the audacity to venture onto stage that belonged only to Her Madgesty.

Yet, as soon as the first chords of the Latin chanting erupted on stage, the crowds went wild.

Bloody side up

Sheathed in black spandex and leather, the gun-toting Madonna opened the night with a bang for our buck as “Girls Gone Wild” bellowed with base.

An endless supply of blood and gore splashed onto the giant screens, as “Revolver” was performed right after without sympathy and complete with the prop in question shooting up lovers in her wake.

If fans wanted Madonna in action, then they didn’t go home disappointed, as violence continued to spill its guts in the spotlight with several political leaders finding themselves in composite imagery in the video, “Nobody Knows Me”.

France’s far-right Front National is already frothing at the mouth with plans to sue the diva for showing party leader and former presidential candidate Marie Le Pen with a swastika on forehead, which then morphs into Adolf Hitler.

Oh dear.

‘I don’t give a…’

Controversy was the word for the night, as Madonna freely dropped profanity in her performances, upsetting quite a few sentiments while winning fans in others for her sheer audacity on stage.

“Let’s live dangerously,” were her choice of words at one point on stage, and it seems only Madonna could achieve that in the Middle East, without batting an eyelash as she dropped the F-bomb on stage, along with using ‘B****’ quite eagerly.

Writhing bodies and cupping selective body parts were all in a night’s work, but a few collective gasps were heard over the din as a semi striptease erupted on stage.

However, all was forgiven and forgotten for Madonna, who was quite cheeky in her political and religious affiliations as the show stretched on.

And even Lady Gaga wasn’t spared.

Crooning a few lines from her counterpart’s “Born This Way”, Madonna couldn’t resist a slight dig, saying: “She isn’t me.”

Cheeky or cheap? We let the audience decide.

Showstoppers

Stretching to nearly 100 minutes of stage time, the 53-year-old sweated through her seven costume changes to gyrate, leap and even walk a tightrope on occasion, leaving her fans spellbound.

The energy oozed throughout her performance, as the livewire singer outdid herself in one stellar act after another, with “Express Yourself’s” airborne drummers and the gospel singers in “Like a Prayer” being the highlights of the night.

Special mention also goes to the repackaging that was given to “Open Your Heart”, with the Kalinka band supporting the Queen of pop and bringing a rustic, folkish feel to the love song.

As for the throaty ballad that took us a few minutes to realise was in fact “Like A Virgin”, had many opinions divided.

As reported earlier, son Rocco also managed to make a few stage appearances as Madonna’s back-up dancer.

Building to a crescendo with “Celebration”, Madonna clearly had something to laugh home about as Abu Dhabi witnessed a performance that can finally put the emirate on the map for technical wizardry and production value.

Now only if they would put the money down for a purpose build in-door venue that allows fans like us to enjoy Madonna without the sweat and raging tempers over unexplained delays.

But one thing is for sure; Madonna will be a hard act to follow for other performers in years to come. More the pity to you.

http://www.emirates2...-06-04-1.461515

Some positive comments at the source too

ditaluver! oh my, if madonna called me a mother fucker or swished her hair and pumped her boobs in my face that close I would most definitely cry/cream my pants/faint. She is sooooo hot and you are so lucky for being that close and winning those tickets!

These complaints seem to come from people who've never seen her live in cities she's never performed before. So they expected an 80s Madonna show.

:thumbsup:

More importantly they seem to come from people who have no idea how the Madonna concert experience works. Since the start of her touring career, each tour has focused heavily on the then current studio album

Even more so a show like DWT, due to not having performed live for almost 8 years and having 3 (not 1) studio albums to primarily pick songs from.. RIT compared to its predecessor looked more of a hits tour but even that wasn't the case: as usual the then studio album was almost fully performed

I know this is the wrong thread to put this in but here's 2 minutes of pro shot footage of LAP from Tel Aviv:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IpDJaWCi78

Looks spectacular but fuck her voice is horrendous in this.

More importantly they seem to come from people who have no idea how the Madonna concert experience works. Since the start of her touring career, each tour has focused heavily on the then current studio album

Even more so a show like DWT, due to not having performed live for almost 8 years and having 3 (not 1) studio albums to primarily pick songs from.. RIT compared to its predecessor looked more of a hits tour but even that wasn't the case: as usual the then studio album was almost fully performed

I didn't even notice that until I just looked backh and checked the reinvention tour setlist. I guess the reason it isn't so obvious is because they are spread out among hits and they are also interludes, but it's almost a shock to me to realize that as I always thought that reinvention was the one tour that didn't focus on American Life, the then album to promote on tour...

Some things about Abu Dhabi shows I read:

- There was a reserved section on the floor for women wearing burqa. And until the middle of the show, many of them already had left because they tought the message of the show was offensive. (this one is very doubtful for me)

- Before strip down in LAV she said "This can be dangerous here".

- During LAP she pointed the mic to the crowd and nobody knew the lyrics until the FOURTH try. And she said "Finally!". (this one is doubtful too, I mean, they paid so much for a ticket and didn't know LAP???)

I didn't even notice that until I just looked backh and checked the reinvention tour setlist. I guess the reason it isn't so obvious is because they are spread out among hits and they are also interludes, but it's almost a shock to me to realize that as I always thought that reinvention was the one tour that didn't focus on American Life, the then album to promote on tour...

It's less noticeable because following her pattern with DWT she had 3 studio albums of unperformed material to pick from, with RIT she had only AL. So compared to DWT, RIT does immediately seem as if she's focusing on the hits. She picked 6 songs over a total of 11 tracks from the current studio album and mixed them with some of her 90's hits and a handful of 80's songs. At the end of the day her figures won't be hurt by a few people complaining about something which has always been there and has never proven to tarnish her touring appeal.

A show like this is a feast for everyone, hardcore and casual fan alike, MDNA, Revolver and Celebration or not. And I can't blame her for choosing to lip some numbers and giving her all on others vocally speaking. She is 54 years old for god's sake and 3 minutes of those acrobatics/dance sequences would cause exhaustion to someone in their 20s. Everything looks so amazing just from these youtube cips ... I can't imagine how mesmerizing and breathtaking must be seeing it with your eyes on the spot. I just have a few more days left to wait :inlove:

- During LAP she pointed the mic to the crowd and nobody knew the lyrics until the FOURTH try. And she said "Finally!". (this one is doubtful too, I mean, they paid so much for a ticket and didn't know LAP???)

:rotfl:

So does anyone know why she did not start until after 10.30? Is this just for these shows or likely to be the way of this tour?

I've seen Madonna 8 times the past 11 years and I don't remember a time when she wasn't late hitting the stage. It seems like many people anticipate this as many seats aren't even occupied at showtime. That's why it always baffles me when people complain about her being 45 min to an hour late (90 min is extreme for her even....that happened to me at one show too). I would pretty much always bank on her being at least 30-45 after show time on the ticket.

By the way, I forgot to add that she didn't have the beret on for the "Masterpiece" and "Open Your Heart" performances (most probably because it was too hot!) .

I've seen Madonna 8 times the past 11 years and I don't remember a time when she wasn't late hitting the stage. It seems like many people anticipate this as many seats aren't even occupied at showtime. That's why it always baffles me when people complain about her being 45 min to an hour late (90 min is extreme for her even....that happened to me at one show too). I would pretty much always bank on her being at least 30-45 after show time on the ticket.

To be fair, most of the "boos" came from the audience at the very back, i.e. general admissions - so they weren't the die hards anyway.

Nobody was booing in the Golden Triangle or the front of the Golden Circle, where the majority of the die hard fans are since, as you said, we all know she turns up late anyway.

In fact, I remember being genuinely shocked when she hit the stage at 9:00p.m. on the dot at one of the London O2 Arena shows for Sticky & Sweet 2009 (can't remember if it was the first or second night)!

It's always the same for MSG. Tickets say 8, if you enter the arena at 8 it's maybe 10% full. At abut 8:45 it begins filling up and people start cheering.... At 9 the last of the audience runs to their seats, and the show starts. I don't know if that's considered an hour late but it's like we're waiting on the audience. I guess for stadiums it's different for the people that get there hours early to be at the front.

IMO it's seen as a hits tour because of the title, reinvention, and also she opens with Vogue rather than a current album track.

I see what you mean but by this measure all of her tours should be considered as hits tours because she does perform her hits, no? RIT saw more than half of AL being performed and every one of her tours is built around the current studio album she has out at the moment.

What I meant is that DWT seems like she deliberately left out songs but the truth is that she likes to perform songs from all her studio albums, and not having been on a stage for almost 8 years, she had 3 studio albums that had been left untouched performance wise (in terms of a concert experience, not counting TV performances to promote singles).

Whe RIT came around she had 1 new album to perform, not 3 so that obviously left space for other hits to fill up the setlist. If you look at CT and S&S she did the same: perform 3/4 of the then studio album and the rest is a mixture of songs from the 80's and 90's. But the rule has always been the same with her: the current studio album comes first.

People are just ridiculous. The Abu Dhabi tickets only say "Doors open at 7:00p.m." So shut the fuck up and wait until she hits the stage. Nowhere on the ticket does it say "Madonna will be expected on stage at 9:00p.m." I don't care if they contacted the local organisers (who were as useful as a donkey turd anyway).

Even worse were those families with their 5- and 6-year-old children in the Golden Triangle. I kid you not! What the fuck?

By the way, I also nearly got into a fight with some drunken chavvy low-class disgusting fat whore after the show last night. Everyone was heading to their cars, people were in great spirits, singing along to "Holiday" on the speaker system etc. and this fat drunk whore was shouting "Madonna sucks!! Madonna sucks!!". I turned around to her and gave her one of those "If looks could kill" type looks and she half-drunkenly was mouthing about how if Madonna was still playing she wouldn't have to be out here waiting for a cab when there are none (!) and then repeated again "Madonna sucks!!" And then I just turned around and shouted to her, "No, YOU suck and you are a DRUNK FAT BITCH as well!" at which point my friend started giggling nervously, grabbed me by the arm and pushed me to go to her car. :lmao:

(and yes I just realised how "Cutie of the evening" that post was. But hey, she was dissing Madonna! :shy: )

It's always the same for MSG. Tickets say 8, if you enter the arena at 8 it's maybe 10% full. At abut 8:45 it begins filling up and people start cheering.... At 9 the last of the audience runs to their seats, and the show starts. I don't know if that's considered an hour late but it's like we're waiting on the audience. I guess for stadiums it's different for the people that get there hours early to be at the front.

As you say I think it's done deliberately to let the audience take their seats.

By the way, I also nearly got into a fight with some drunken chavvy low-class disgusting fat whore after the show last night. Everyone was heading to their cars, people were in great spirits, singing along to "Holiday" on the speaker system etc. and this fat drunk whore was shouting "Madonna sucks!! Madonna sucks!!". I turned around to her and gave her one of those "If looks could kill" type looks and she half-drunkenly was mouthing about how if Madonna was still playing she wouldn't have to be out here waiting for a cab when there are none (!) and then repeated again "Madonna sucks!!" And then I just turned around and shouted to her, "No, YOU suck and you are a DRUNK FAT BITCH as well!" at which point my friend started giggling nervously, grabbed me by the arm and pushed me to go to her car. :lmao:

(and yes I just realised how "Cutie of the evening" that post was. But hey, she was dissing Madonna! :shy: )

:lmao: I <3 you

During Open you Heart she shouted at a fan who was fanning herself with a fan " Give me you fan ! Give me your fan !" The fan obliged She took the fan and started fanning herself and said " You know you're my number one FAN."

I love how playful she was last night. It was like being touched by GOD ! :laugh:

:dead: YOU are a QoL. You know that right?

:iloveyou:

She has been on around 9.30 everytime I have seen her, but 10.30+ seems very late. Will see over the next few shows.

Guest ditaluver

People are just ridiculous. The Abu Dhabi tickets only say "Doors open at 7:00p.m." So shut the fuck up and wait until she hits the stage. Nowhere on the ticket does it say "Madonna will be expected on stage at 9:00p.m." I don't care if they contacted the local organisers (who were as useful as a donkey turd anyway).

Even worse were those families with their 5- and 6-year-old children in the Golden Triangle. I kid you not! What the fuck?

my ticket says

sat october 20, 8:00pm now i know she wont start at 8 cause the seats wont be full..and she is usually late...

BUT just you wait. people are going to complain if shes over an hour late.

God and if she doesnt start till 10:40 or such, thats even more ridiculous....but we shall see!