June 3/4 - Abu Dhabi

Camacho

Here's your thread ready for the shows. Post fan reports, press reports, pics, etc. as they come in. Suedehead will be there representin' MadonnaNation with his favorite headgear. :yes:

4551350389.jpg

I will be there on 4th and will be reporting as well !

It's Abu Dhabi, not Dubai

my bad... it's Abu Dhabi Doo... so you guys planning a meet-up? would love to see that happening... seeing MNation posters meeting up in person at M concerts

Guest sambassile

my bad... it's Abu Dhabi Doo... so you guys planning a meet-up? would love to see that happening... seeing MNation posters meeting up in person at M concerts

Same same but diff. Dubai is 50 mins away from Abu Dhabi by car.

Guys drop me a message if ur gonna b in Dubai/ AD tomorrow. Havin welcomin drinks at mine before the show.

MADONNA is preparing for her hottest performance ever — with no air-con in Abu Dhabi

The pop queen told stage crews to turn off the cooling system - despite warnings she may overheat and collapse.

Madge is due to sing in front of 28,000 tonight and tomorrow on her 2012 MDNA World Tour.

As desert temperatures top 40°C, the du Arena has installed chilling and misting machines.

But the 53-year-old star wants to “feel the heat” and demanded they are turned off. :manson:

The fitness fanatic, who practises yoga in 43°C, is keen to push her body to its limits.

A source said: “She is adamant. It’s going to be a gruelling two hours for her and her dancers.

“Everyone thinks she’s bonkers — but you can't argue with her!”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4352980/Madges-hot-stuff-in-desert-concerts.html

Madonna's Indian Summer

When I was a little girl, I had to work in my father's vegetable garden every summer. My father has a work ethic that makes mine look nonexistent, so the school's-out-for-summer stuff does not exist in my family. Basically, I was either put to work at my house, weeding and spraying insecticide, or we had to go to my grandparents' house in Pennsylvania, where we'd fix up the house and the yard all summer. When I got older and started to figure out what I wanted to do, I spent a summer going to a local college and taking dance classes - anything to keep from mowing the lawn. But, really, aside from that, I do not associate summer with fun and free time, not as a child.

So maybe that's why when I think of my favorite summer songs, the ones I think of are attached to angst-ridden memories. Actually, I like the summer better than the winter. For one thing, I like the heat better than the cold - I still don't have air conditioning. I hate air conditioning. Because I don't like to be tricked. I want to know exactly how hot it is, and I'd rather just adapt to the heat, because that's what we're supposed to do. I also think summer is a superior season because you can see everybody's outfits. You can't make fashion statements when it's cold out, and you never know what anyone's wearing. And it's just a lot easier to see people in the summer, so they can't trick you, either.

Both of my stories take place in New York - and I think New York is the best place to be in the summer, even if the heat and humidity make everybody grouchy. It may be more civilized in California, because it always gets cool at night, but it's so boring to be there. It's always summer in L.A., so no one appreciates it. When summertime comes in New York, everybody seems to be celebrating for three months; it feels like the city comes to life.

When I think about what a summer song is, at first I think of something celebratory and up - but that's not really quite it, because I've dug some pretty incredible summer songs that weren't. But it definitely has to have a phat groove. It's not about Enya in the summertime, you know what I mean? For example, "Don't You Want Me," by the Human League, reminds me of the early days of Danceteria, in New York. I lived on the Lower East Side, at Fourth and B, in a tenement apartment - without air conditioning. I didn't have a record deal yet, but my demos were hot off the press, and I used to go to Danceteria every weekend, trying to meet the DJ or an A&R person to give my tape to. I'd spend all night on the dance floor in some hideous outfit while all the pretty, skinny, fashionable girls threw their drinks on me. But when that song came on, I forgot my humiliation. I didn't care that I was soaking wet and didn't have any friends.

Prince's "When Doves Cry" was another song I used to escape into when it first came out. By then I did have a record contract, and I had moved to a nice loft on Broome and West Broadway. But there was still no elevator, so I had to walk up six flights of steps to get to my loft. I rode my bike everywhere, with a Walkman and headphones on, and one hot summer day I came in and I just couldn't carry my bike up those stairs one more time. I was hating my family and my life at the time, and I just collapsed in the stairwell with that song playing in my headphones, crying my heart out and feeling incredibly sorry for myself.

You may have noticed that both of these stories are about music as a vehicle for transcending misery (the story of my life). I do think that music is the most spiritually evolved art form. And it is absolutely the most universal: It doesn't matter where you come from or who you are or how well-educated you are or how cool you are - how rich, how poor, how anything. It's primal, and it's visceral, and it's a cure for the summertime blues. It's about coming to life.

Adapt to the heat.

- Madonna

Monte Pittman, Madonna's guitarist, is feeling the Abu Dhabi heat

Jun 3, 2012

Pittman is speaking to us outdoors, on the patio of the Yas Viceroy where he and Madonna’s backing band are staying. He explains that getting acquainted with Abu Dhabi’s blazing heat as much as possible is the best way to prepare for Madonna’s debut performance tonight.

http://www.thenation...-abu-dhabi-heat

The hotel where they are staying:

http://www.viceroyho...odations/suites

I'm not sure she can demand it to be turned off. With temps like that wouldn't the safety of the audience take precedence?

The greatest show on Earth

It is the most-anticipated musical solo tour since ... well, Madonna's last record-breaking global trek with her Sticky and Sweet Tour of 2008-09.The MDNA Tour is destined to be her biggest in terms of the production and number of performances. The Material Girl will play 84 shows this year, spread across four legs including Asia, Europe, North and South America. Since announcing the shows, more than 1.4 million tickets have been sold and an array of sold-out stadiums awaits Madonna in both Europe and America. The MDNA Tour is on track to set the record for the highest-grossing solo tour of all time, a record held by the Sticky and Sweet Tour.

The songs

No need to spoil the surprise by stating the set list from the tour opener last Thursday (due to the show's intricate choreography, Madonna rarely changes set lists), but it is fair to advise one to get acquainted with the new MDNA album as singles Give Me All Your Luvin and Girls Gone Wild feature, in addition to deeper album cuts. Of course, many classics will receive an airing, but they will surely receive a makeover as Madonna reportedly gets bored playing old songs in original form.

The costumes

Madonna's wardrobe features designs by a who's who of the fashion world, including Jean Paul Gaultier, Jeremy Scott and Alexander Wang. More than 700 shoes are going on the road, including designs from Prada and Miu Miu. According to the tour's costume designer Arianne Phillips, Madonna and her dancers will be busy both on stage and behind the scenes. "Madonna changes outfits seven or eight times," she told Women's Wear Daily. "The dancers change 10 to 15 times, depending on the dancer."

The venue

It is not the performance alone that is set to be revelatory. Over the past few months, the du Arena has undergone an expansion and the results will be unveiled tonight. A team of more than 150 staff have been working around the clock to lay 12,600 square metres of turf, put down 6,200 square metres of tarmac, build five new entrances in addition to adding 2,500 extra car parking spaces. By the way, this is all before the four jumbo jets were due to fly into Abu Dhabi, carrying Madonna's pyrotechnic and lightning gear, stage props and LED screens. When Madonna sets foot on stage, the venue will be using more than 7.5 megawatts of power through 35 kilometres of electricity cable; basically, enough juice to power a small village.

Water at the end of the tunnel

A 24-metre cooling tunnel has been built specifically for the show. and 44 cooling misters will spray more than 3,000 gallons of water to cool revellers down. Dress sensibly and leave the slipping and sliding to the dancers, thanks.

What to look out for

Going to work with mum may be an unappealing prospect for an 11-year-old, unless mum is a pop icon who routinely steps on stage in front of thousands of screaming fans. During Madonna's tour opener in Tel Aviv on Thursday night, her performance featured her son Rocco on stage as a dancer in one song, while in another track, he switched to backing singer. No doubt Rocco will receive a rapturous welcome if he travels to Abu Dhabi. While merchandise details for the Abu Dhabi shows have not been revealed yet, the promoters FLASH indicated T-shirts, posters and the MDNA album will be available in stalls, with prices ranging from Dh30 to Dh150. See you there!

Madonna plays tonight and tomorrow at du Arena, Yas Island. Doors open at 7pm and Madonna is set to appear on stage at 9pm.

http://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/music/the-greatest-show-on-earth

What time is it now in Abu Dhabi? : http://wwp.greenwich...dhabi/index.htm

3.5 hours until she hits the stage (unless she's late again :laugh: ) !!

OMG Just arrived in Abu Dhabi after a 6 hour flight ! Everybody is talking about Madonna's concert !The staff at my hotel said last week the temperature topped 49 C ! Am going to wear my shorts !